Expedition Everest drops

A whole new world

Disney Bride
Hi,

I'm a big chicken when it comes to rides but i do like thunder mountain. I don't like too bigger drops. Can anyone tell me about the drops on Expedition Everest. Are they steep, fast and sharp? Can you see them coming?

If its like thunder mountain i think i could manage it but i like to see the drops coming. How would you compare this ride to thunder mountain.

Thanks so much

Hi,

I'm a big chicken when it comes to rides but i do like thunder mountain. I don't like too bigger drops. Can anyone tell me about the drops on Expedition Everest. Are they steep, fast and sharp? Can you see them coming?

If its like thunder mountain i think i could manage it but i like to see the drops coming. How would you compare this ride to thunder mountain.

Thanks so much

There is one very steep drop.
The surprising thing about it is that it does not "feel" nearly as "bad"
as Splash Mtn's. drop.

EE is the SMOOTHEST-RIDING coaster I have ever experienced!

A GREAT Disney coaster!!

DAK-EE-042908.jpg

I think it is like Thunder Mountain on steroids! Some of the drops you know are coming others are a surprise. EE is MUCH more intense than BTMR. I am usually a wimp too but I love this ride!!! The most intense part is going backwards.
For a different POV, my son who LOVES RNR at DHS is not a huge fan of EE. He will go on it once and then he is done. Whereas he will ride RNR, BTMR, Space, and Splash over and over if you let him.

I say try it once. If you hate it you never have to do it again. But you may find you love it too!!!

Hi,

Thanks so much

It is a little steeper than Big Thunder Mountain. I am like you I do not like rides with many drops. I do like EE. The backward part is neat because I do not see the hills coming but that is just me. My husband is a thrill seeker did not like the backward part.

Splash Mountain's drop is shorter, but it is a lot faster, and IMO scarier (because it's gravity powered) than EE's drops. One is backwards, but it's really a smooth ride, It's uber fun!

Splash Mountain's drop is shorter, but it is a lot faster, and IMO scarier (because it's gravity powered) than EE's drops. One is backwards, but it's really a smooth ride, It's uber fun!

All of the coasters' drops are gravity-powered.

I have to agree with others. I am not a big coaster fan but I thought Splash was worse than EE. My worse I mean that it seemed steeper. I loved both of them though.

I'm a big chicken too, but I love EE. The drops aren't too bad. The drop that happens when you're going backwards and in the dark is a little intense but so much fun.:thumbsup2 You'll love it.

I didn't realise there was a backward drop i thought it just went round and round backwards. I really didn't like the backward drop on the mummy ride at universal is it similar to that? I could cope with going round and round in the dark but maybe not a big drop.

Thanks for all your replies

Not a backward drop, but rather a fairly tight helix, an upward curve giving you the feel of a loop, but no loop either.

If you go to YouTube and do an EE search, you can see the ride films.

I am the biggest chicken of all about rides with drops. Loops, flips, speed........no problem, but the drop just makes me feel like I am going to die!:lmao: I really do hate it. So can anyone tell me what other rides have intense drops? I have high blood pressure and bad heart palpitations sometimes anyway, so I really don't need to ride anything like that to begin with. TIA for the advice!

Well, to begin you probably wouldn't like the Tower of Terror in Disney Hollywood Studios. It's a series of unexpected drops, but you are belted in. DBF and I went on for the first time in April and found that we actually liked it. A bit of advice...DBF had his cell phone in the front pocket of his shirt and the phone actually came right out of his pocket on one drop. Luckily he grabbed it.
We are really not very brave about these types of rides and would never do a roller coaster at a regular amusement park, but hey, this is Disney. After reading this post we will try EE. We've already done Splash Mtn. several times and love it and Big Thunder is just plain fun. Not so sure about trying Rockin' Roller Coaster. We'll see what happens in December.

My DD10 is a MAJOR chicken! But she loved EE! She didn't even mind the backward drop! I liked BTMR a lot better because I HATE big drops with a passion, but EE was ok and I would have rode it again if the kids had wanted to.

I definitely think the drop is not nearly as bad as it looks! And I would say the most intense part of the ride is when you're going backwards in the dark, it's probably the most G-forces felt. I think it resembles BTMR in how the track is layed out in some parts but for the most part it's a few levels more intense. But hey, my 6 year old sister rides it and she's usually really nervous before but afterwards she is just dying to go on again.

The drop is 80ft and banks to the left as you approach the bottom so its's not straight down. I wish it was going backwards on the drop. Would much more thrilling. ºOº

I can handle BTMRR but the drop on Splash is too much for me. After reading many posts on here about great EE was, I thought I'd give it a try. Never again, wayyyy too intense for this ride chicken!

Hi,

Thanks so much

Its not full of drops, but the backward stuff you cannot see coming. Still, I rode on this ride 4 times in September. Don't know if that helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter