Excursion Availability - St. Thomas/St. John

TiggerTrigger

a.k.a. HouCuseChickie
I kind of dropped the ball when it comes to excursions. I booked the cruise and then life happened...broken bones, surgery, cancer diagnosis, more surgery, surgical complications, hospitalization, etc. By the time we got our lives back in order and I logged in to check things, options were pretty limited and nothing interested us.

I lucked out and got a kayak and snorkel excursion for Nevis/St. Kitts after several days of website stalking (last minute Disney dining skills coming in handy ;) ), but there is just nothing good open to us for St. Thomas/St. Johns. I understand we could book something with an outside company, but as first time cruisers, I'm not sure I want to try that this time. I'm not a beachy person (I know...why are we going on a Caribbean cruise? - LONG STORY 😝), so that also limits us. I'm not opposed to just staying on the ship or taking a quick walk around the port area, but it would be nice to have more options. Our cruise is the end of July, so it'll be here before we know it. Do they ever add more excursions or open up more availability on sold out excursions?

They might open some spaces up for on board booking, personally, I wouldn't count on it.

FWIW, I've had no problem with 3rd party excursions, even on our first cruise. Just plan ahead and try to be back at the ship at least an hour before the "all aboard" time (which is ~30 minutes before sail away.

It was in 2016, but we did a 1/2 day snorkel/sail with Fury Charters. https://usvisailing.com/ We were VERY happy with them. The captain even let the kids take the helm on the sail back.

I kind of dropped the ball when it comes to excursions. I booked the cruise and then life happened...broken bones, surgery, cancer diagnosis, more surgery, surgical complications, hospitalization, etc. By the time we got our lives back in order and I logged in to check things, options were pretty limited and nothing interested us.

I lucked out and got a kayak and snorkel excursion for Nevis/St. Kitts after several days of website stalking (last minute Disney dining skills coming in handy ;) ), but there is just nothing good open to us for St. Thomas/St. Johns. I understand we could book something with an outside company, but as first time cruisers, I'm not sure I want to try that this time. I'm not a beachy person (I know...why are we going on a Caribbean cruise? - LONG STORY 😝), so that also limits us. I'm not opposed to just staying on the ship or taking a quick walk around the port area, but it would be nice to have more options. Our cruise is the end of July, so it'll be here before we know it. Do they ever add more excursions or open up more availability on sold out excursions?
Definitely keep trying!! I think we are on the same cruise and we just cancelled one excursion to book another so it can happen! We decided on an outside company recommended by our travel agent. Our problem was we couldn't get our group together with the one Royal was offering.

Definitely keep trying!! I think we are on the same cruise and we just cancelled one excursion to book another so it can happen! We decided on an outside company recommended by our travel agent. Our problem was we couldn't get our group together with the one Royal was offering.

Not sure if we're on the same cruise, but I checked this morning and see that more excursions were added on RC's site for St. Thomas. We're really hoping that they add an excursion to Tree Limin for ziplining through the trees, since that was offered on some sailings last summer, but I've at least got a basic island tour now booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter