Exclusions ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronte

DIS Veteran
Great idea ... a sub topic for the dinning plan ...
My question ...
What exclusions have you encountered while on the MYW Dinning plan
My family and I are going in May and I have all my ARD's planned based on the menues but I do not want to find out after we sit down that we have "limits." I want to know what I need to budet for as far as OP extras and what is definitly no covered under the plan.
Thanks

Our ARD's
Tony's
Wolfgang Pucks Cafe
LE CELLIER STEAKHOUSE
NARCOOSSEE'S

Of the ADR's you have list we only ate at NARCOOSSEE'S and we were told there were no exclusions we could order whatever, I did surf and turf & DW did the lobster, by far the best use of our dining plan for the trip, all we paid for was the wine!! What we did was told our server at the beginning we are on the DP and asked if there were any exclusions or upcharges, nothing was ever excluded our entire trip. enjoy your trip and hope that helps :goodvibes

Let me ask this question. We have the Disney Dining Exp. card (20% off). The Dining Plan sounds like a good idea for our August trip (9 nights). We usually have a couple drinks with our dinner. Can I use the DDE card to get the 20% discount on our drinks if I'm using the Dining plan?

newarknut said:
Let me ask this question. We have the Disney Dining Exp. card (20% off). The Dining Plan sounds like a good idea for our August trip (9 nights). We usually have a couple drinks with our dinner. Can I use the DDE card to get the 20% discount on our drinks if I'm using the Dining plan?

From what I understand YES.
And in reply to exclusions, we did not encounter any, except there was a dessert at Le Cellier if we wanted to get it, it counted as dessert for 2 people. There might have been an appetizer like that too. What we did instead is each ordered a whole dessert of the kind on the sampler that was for two people. We ended up with tons of dessert.

From the guide, the only exceptions I know of are that certain entrees at Planet Hollywood and Wolfgang Puck's cost extra. I don't know what's already covered on the DP.

I looked at the 2006 guild and it did not say anything about "extra" costs at Wolfgang Pucks Cafe ...
Can you tell me what extra costs there will be or where in the guild I can find that information ..
We will be eating at WPC one night and it would be so embarrassing to order something only to be told by the waiter that we will have to pay out of pocket for that or the difference because it is too expensive ... then right on the spot I will have to make a choice, choose something eles and look "cheep" or pay for something I was not prepard for.
I really do not mind paying OP for stuff if I know that ahead of time ... I know wine is not covered on the plan but I want wine so I will pay OP for that no problem.

I don't know about wgp but it is the surf and turf at phwood. which is steak and shrimp.

I had also read on another thread that there are exclusions at Tepanyaki but I have not been able to find any info about what the exclusions are. Anyone know?

I, too, would like to know about any excluded items on the Wolfgang Puck menu. I noticed in the FAQ sticky, that it said some DD restaurants may have a surcharge for certain items and I would like to know if I should cancel my ADR at WPucks to avoid any confusion/complications. :scratchin

Thanks for the help-this whole forum has been very helpful in trip planning and especially explaining this DDP!

I just at WPC two weeks ago on the DP and there were no exclusions. The only thing was if you wanted sushi you had to order it for dinner and not as an appetizer, but everything on the menu was included, and there was a steak for 36 dollars on the menu!

At the Mitsukoshi Teppenyaki the lobster/steak is excluded. Some of the downtown restaurants do have a service fee. Be sure to ask when you book them. As for the DDE and the DDP you can use your DDE for the 20% discount on the alcoholic beverages and any extra food you order.

Thanks for all of the info-
Does anyone know what DD restaurants have charged this service fee? I have res at Raglan Road and WPC and my husband would not be too happy to hear that we have to pay any more. We are hoping to be one of those families who gets what they pay for and then some!

AlexDupare said:
WGP and PH both have surcharges if the entree is over $22 or so.

I didn't have to pay anything at WPC, and both of the entrees ordered were over 22 dollars. It wasn't even mentioned to us by the server.

At Teppanyaki in Japan the Lobster with the Steak is now considered an "Add On", so it is not included in the plan. Also ordering Sushi as an appetizer is not on the plan. We found this the most restrictive restaurant in October, but still a great meal and we were very happy.
The only other "restriction" is, as another poster mentioned, any item considered to be for 2 on the regular menu, i.e. a Sampler Platter, would need to be ordered for 2, and any item that is on the regular menu as an "Add On". For example, adding shrimp to a filet is on the regular menu for an additional cost, it would also be an additional cost (OOP) on the dining plan.
We did not encounter anything we wanted that we could not order.
We, 3 Adults, ate everywhere we wanted, ordered what we desired, and saved over $450 on the Dining Plan.
Enjoy!

Is it just the steak and lobster that's excluded at Teppanyaki, or is the scallops, shrimp and lobster also excluded? I love sea food and was hoping to try this, but not if I have to pay extra. I'll just get the scallops and shrimp combo then.

AlexDupare--thanks for the info about Tepanyaki. Wouldn't have ordered the lobster anyway, so we'll be good to go.

And welcome to the DIS!!

Just to clarify, at Teppanyaki is it just Lobster with steak that is excluded? Is steak with out lobster included??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter