Everything Rope Drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this question on the Transportation board but got no responses.

Does anyone have recent experiences going to rope drop at MK or DAK from Caribbean Beach? When we stayed at the Boardwalk last week we had good results getting to the bus stop at 6:30 and getting on the first bus, which arrived about 15-20 minutes later.

One of our daughters will be at CBR next month and I’m wondering if the same approach works there, or if the large number of stops makes it difficult for people at the last stops to get on an early bus and/or results in later arrival at the parks.

I posted this question on the Transportation board but got no responses.

Does anyone have recent experiences going to rope drop at MK or DAK from Caribbean Beach? When we stayed at the Boardwalk last week we had good results getting to the bus stop at 6:30 and getting on the first bus, which arrived about 15-20 minutes later.

One of our daughters will be at CBR next month and I’m wondering if the same approach works there, or if the large number of stops makes it difficult for people at the last stops to get on an early bus and/or results in later arrival at the parks.
To get to any park for rope drop from any resort, arriving at transportation 90 mins before posted opening time is recommended.

To get to any park for rope drop from any resort, arriving at transportation 90 mins before posted opening time is recommended.

Yes, and that’s what we did at the Boardwalk. My question is whether that works at CBR. For example, if you’re at one of the last stops will the first bus or two be full before they get to your stop, especially with the limited capacity. Or do buses from CBR get to the parks later than from other resorts because they have to navigate so many stops first?

Are there certain stops that are better than others because buses come to them first?

I think my daughter’s room is going to be in Trinidad. Has anyone who stayed there had recent experience getting to rope drop?

We're staying nearby but offsite, so my plan for DHS is to have Uber drop us off no later than 8 am at the Speedway station that I've seen referenced and merge with the path from BW to DHS, getting there by 8:10 am. Am I correct in assuming this arrival time will usually get us there within minutes of people being allowed in? And this method is quicker than waiting for cars (including Uber) to be allowed to enter the parking lot(usually opening around 8:15)? Thank you in advance.

We're staying nearby but offsite, so my plan for DHS is to have Uber drop us off no later than 8 am at the Speedway station that I've seen referenced and merge with the path from BW to DHS, getting there by 8:10 am. Am I correct in assuming this arrival time will usually get us there within minutes of people being allowed in? And this method is quicker than waiting for cars (including Uber) to be allowed to enter the parking lot(usually opening around 8:15)? Thank you in advance.

Others have been reporting issues with car services shortages, so not sure how much you can depend on the timing.

I'd allow 15 minutes for the walk, depending on your pace, and you will have to wait on the light for crossing that intersection. Also there was a big difference in when we arrived at about 8:00 and the crowd at 8:15 when they started doing temp checks. Cars were still being held at the entrance, but there were a lot of resort guest already there last Friday.

Thanks for the heads up- maybe we can arrange the night before to have Uber ready to pick us up that morning. Sounds like just a matter of 15 minutes really does make a big difference. Now I just have to convince my wife and son the importance of 15 minutes less sleep; they tell me that I look like I'm judging as I wait for them by the hotel door, glancing down at the time in the mornings :-)

An 8:10 arrival at DHS seems optimum. We did two rope drops at DHS last week, walking from the Boardwalk and arrived both days around 8:10. There were long lines waiting to be admitted through the temperature check tents, and the lines started moving at 8:15. Because the lines are spaced out by the 6 foot markers, they move pretty quickly once they start moving, so it didn’t take more than about 5 minutes to get through the temperature check, security scanners, and ticket gates.

Both days we walked at a smooth pace to Slinky and were on and off the ride shortly after 8:30.

I don’t know when the first people start lining up at the temperature check area, but I don’t think being at the front of those lines gains you that much over the people who arrive at 8:10.

We are staying nearby but offsite and plan to drive to the parks everyday. Is there any trick to making rope drop (especially at MK and DHS) if parking your own car?

We are staying nearby but offsite and plan to drive to the parks everyday. Is there any trick to making rope drop (especially at MK and DHS) if parking your own car?

Last week I noticed they held cars at DHS entrance till 8:15, so you will get in before park opening at 9... but maybe not rope drop. Not sure about MK, as we were let into the park and able to que up long before 8:15 - so not sure where drivers were at that point. I know they weren't holding them at the parking lot entrance, but didn't notice anyone getting off monorail or boat when we came through.

Will say we did Mine Train first and then walked over to do Big Thunder and Splash... neither of which were yet running. So did Jungle Cruise and Pirates with almost walk on waits, before it started getting crowded.

Can I ask why? We stayed at Rivera and got there before park opening even taking Skyliner from there?
I think the thought is because you have a potential bottleneck situation. The wait for the Riviera Skyliner +transport to CBR station + wait for CBR->HS Skyliner + transport to CBR introduces too many variables.

Last week I noticed they held cars at DHS entrance till 8:15, so you will get in before park opening at 9... but maybe not rope drop. Not sure about MK, as we were let into the park and able to que up long before 8:15 - so not sure where drivers were at that point. I know they weren't holding them at the parking lot entrance, but didn't notice anyone getting off monorail or boat when we came through.

Will say we did Mine Train first and then walked over to do Big Thunder and Splash... neither of which were yet running. So did Jungle Cruise and Pirates with almost walk on waits, before it started getting crowded.
Thank you. At least for DHS, might we be better getting dropped off or breaking up with one of us going to the turnstiles while the other waits to park?

Thank you. At least for DHS, might we be better getting dropped off or breaking up with one of us going to the turnstiles while the other waits to park?
Not quite sure what you mean by breaking up so that one is going to the turnstile while the other parks? Can you please help us understand what you are attempting to do?

Once cars are allowed in to park then guests start entering the park. If you split up you will still need to meet up in the park prior to getting in line for anything. Especially right now (but really at any time) they don’t want someone getting in line then others have to pass by people to meet up with them.

I apologize if this is the wrong thread. This question is for those of use staying at a resort with a Skyliner stop (specifically, AoA.) Can you still line up at the bus stop 90 minutes prior to park opening (which I would prefer), or should I be lining up at the Skyliner 90 minutes prior? Note sure where to start when trying to get to parks with Skyliner access!! Do they run the buses and Skyliner simulataneously?! Help, please!

Not quite sure what you mean by breaking up so that one is going to the turnstile while the other parks? Can you please help us understand what you are attempting to do?

Once cars are allowed in to park then guests start entering the park. If you split up you will still need to meet up in the park prior to getting in line for anything. Especially right now (but really at any time) they don’t want someone getting in line then others have to pass by people to meet up with them.
Hi, sorry for the lack of clarity, I think you got the general idea. I was asking if, rather than all of our party waiting in the car to park before heading to the turnstiles, I dropped the others off or let them out of the car to get in line, and then I waited to park.

I apologize if this is the wrong thread. This question is for those of use staying at a resort with a Skyliner stop (specifically, AoA.) Can you still line up at the bus stop 90 minutes prior to park opening (which I would prefer), or should I be lining up at the Skyliner 90 minutes prior? Note sure where to start when trying to get to parks with Skyliner access!! Do they run the buses and Skyliner simulataneously?! Help, please!
Art if Animation has both buses and the Skyliner running to Hollywood Studios so you may line up at either and yes, 90 mins prior to park opening is the recommended time for Rope Drop.

Hi, sorry for the lack of clarity, I think you got the general idea. I was asking if, rather than all of our party waiting in the car to park before heading to the turnstiles, I dropped the others off or let them out of the car to get in line, and then I waited to park.
Thanks for the clarification.

There isn’t anywhere for cars to drop off guests at DHS prior to the time parking lot opening for cars to park. The option mentioned would take extra time as you would need to enter with all the other cars, drive to the drop off then go back and park the car. It would be far faster to have everyone park the car together.

Once the parking lots are open the temp tents and park entrances are normally open also so guests just keep flowing through. If you split up your party they will still need to wait for you inside the park prior to getting into a line for any attraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!