Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

I’m not really sure where to ask this, so I’ll start on this forum.

I’m not planning on purchasing Memory Maker, but I thought I had read somewhere that if you purchase Genie+, you get your ride photos for free. Is that the case or am I totally thinking of something that isn’t true?
Nope, you’re right! That started a few months ago - the Genie+ purchase gives you free downloads of the ride photos.

Hello - when i go to add memory Maker it says advance price is 169, but i thought AP members are getting it for 99? We bought our annual passes but wont be activating till our trip in December. What am i missing?

Hello - when i go to add memory Maker it says advance price is 169, but i thought AP members are getting it for 99? We bought our annual passes but wont be activating till our trip in December. What am i missing?
You need to do it as an upgrade/add-on to your AP. Open your MDE and look at your AP. Below it should be a link to Upgrade. Tap that and it should bring you to the option of adding the PhotoPass Downloads for $99.

At some time in the last few days I saw a post with screenshots showing how to do this, but I’m not sure whether in this thread or the Tickets sticky, sorry!

Do I have to download each picture individually to my computer or is there a way to do it all at once? thanks

When you are on the photopass site, there is a checkmark in the top right hand corner of the photos when you hover over them. Mark the ones you would like to download and then click download at the top, all of the selected ones will be downloaded at the same time together.

Question - We are going in a couple weeks and I have just a two day hopper pass which we will use on June 23-24. We also have an AH pass for June 21 at HS. I would like to pre buy memory maker if I can get it to include the June 21 party - but read somewhere that the memory maker attaches to the park pass and my park pass doesnt start until June 23. If I buy the $169 memory maker, will I be able to use it on June 21 AND then on June 23-24? Also, has anyone had any issues with getting the on ride photos with just a phone and Apple Watch (and not a magic band)? Thanks in advance for your help.

We've never purchased memory maker before, but are considering it this time.
My main concern is that I've never seen photographers at WDW (other than at the main iconic spot of each park), and certainly not at any of the resorts/pools etc. My comparison are the Disney cruises - it's super easy to get your pictures taken and the photographers are literally everywhere, taking formal photos in the lobby, candids on deck, at dinner... we easily end up with 100++ pictures (depends on length of cruise).

Have I been blind to photographers in the parks/resorts?? Can we end up with a similar amount of pictures from a 6 day stay at WDW?

My main concern is that I've never seen photographers at WDW (other than at the main iconic spot of each park), and certainly not at any of the resorts/pools etc. My comparison are the Disney cruises - it's super easy to get your pictures taken and the photographers are literally everywhere, taking formal photos in the lobby, candids on deck, at dinner... we easily end up with 100++ pictures (depends on length of cruise).

Have I been blind to photographers in the parks/resorts?? Can we end up with a similar amount of pictures from a 6 day stay at WDW?
There are SO many photographers in the parks. They are currently wearing bright green (except in Galaxy's Edge) so they're pretty easy to spot. We went for a week in May and had 600+ photos. Epcot has photo spots in every country. We've never seen photographers at the resorts we've stayed at, but there are sometimes ones at the Poly and the Grand Floridian has a photo spot.

Yes, they could be difficult to spot, especially if you're walking purposefully from one place to another and not looking. We found we had to keep our eyes out for them, and many times we'd see one off to the side of a walkway, not busy at all.

They switched to the bright green vests after our last visit in January, so I'll bet they're a lot easier to spot than they used to be. Here's the announcement of the new uniforms, with photos, so you'll know what to look for! https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ass-photographers-go-green-with-new-costumes/

They're pretty prevalent around the parks. Not as much at resorts, but there are some resorts (Poly, GF, WL) where you're more likely to see them. Over 8 park days, we had around 1000 photos.

In the MDE app, you can filter on the map for PhotoPass, and see everywhere there's a PhotoPass photographer in the park. Some of those markers would represent multiple photographers too - like on Main Street in MK, seems like there's a photographer every few yards.

PhotoPass AK.pngPhotoPass HS.pngPhotoPass MK.png

You'll usually get 5-10 photos from each photographer, more if you have a group and want to do different groupings of people. Some of the photographers spend a lot of time too, if you want it. One particular photographer in Galaxy's Edge took 5-10 min with us, positioning us to get shots in many poses with three different backgrounds, and including several magic shots.

Unlike the cruises though, you won't get candid photos (unless you're on a tour with a photographer like Wild Africa Trek or something like that). These will all generally be posed photos.

They're pretty prevalent around the parks. Not as much at resorts, but there are some resorts (Poly, GF, WL) where you're more likely to see them. Over 8 park days, we had around 1000 photos.

In the MDE app, you can filter on the map for PhotoPass, and see everywhere there's a PhotoPass photographer in the park. Some of those markers would represent multiple photographers too - like on Main Street in MK, seems like there's a photographer every few yards.

View attachment 766425View attachment 766426View attachment 766427

You'll usually get 5-10 photos from each photographer, more if you have a group and want to do different groupings of people. Some of the photographers spend a lot of time too, if you want it. One particular photographer in Galaxy's Edge took 5-10 min with us, positioning us to get shots in many poses with three different backgrounds, and including several magic shots.

Unlike the cruises though, you won't get candid photos (unless you're on a tour with a photographer like Wild Africa Trek or something like that). These will all generally be posed photos.
This is super helpful to me, thank you so much! I think we will try it this time!!

Yes, they could be difficult to spot, especially if you're walking purposefully from one place to another and not looking. We found we had to keep our eyes out for them, and many times we'd see one off to the side of a walkway, not busy at all.

They switched to the bright green vests after our last visit in January, so I'll bet they're a lot easier to spot than they used to be. Here's the announcement of the new uniforms, with photos, so you'll know what to look for! https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ass-photographers-go-green-with-new-costumes/
Thank you, so helpful!! It’s funny, a cast member just told me I should be looking for white vests, haha! Yes, it seems like we are trying to get from A to B nearly all the time in the parks (plus checking cell phone), and also I thought - what if there’s a line, since hundreds of people will want their pictures taken… I’m just worried that we will spend too much time looking for them or waiting in yet more lines… but your posts are encouraging me to try it. re: Cruise Pics - Yes, the candids are sometimes the best, and there’s often downtime on the cruise, the photographers are nice and take a lot of time.

There are SO many photographers in the parks. They are currently wearing bright green (except in Galaxy's Edge) so they're pretty easy to spot. We went for a week in May and had 600+ photos. Epcot has photo spots in every country. We've never seen photographers at the resorts we've stayed at, but there are sometimes ones at the Poly and the Grand Floridian has a photo spot.
Wow, thank you! I really must be blind to the photographers, didn’t see them at the GF either when we were there. The new green uniform will help me spot them for sure! (What are they wearing at Galaxy’s Edge and why?)

Wow, thank you! I really must be blind to the photographers, didn’t see them at the GF either when we were there. The new green uniform will help me spot them for sure! (What are they wearing at Galaxy’s Edge and why?)
In Galaxy's Edge, they have a different uniform to keep on theme with being residents/visitors in Batuu. All CMs in Batuu keep in character - you'll hear them refer to image captures, datapads and credits instead of pictures, cell phones and money.

Another spot where the photographers sometimes have different uniforms is on Main Street in MK - sometimes the photographers there are in the striped shirt uniform.

These are the best photos I could find of PhotoPass photographers in the background of my personal photos :)

In this MK photo, you can see both uniforms - the usual bright green shirt and the striped one with the tie:
PhotoPass MK Main.jpg

And here's a photographer in Galaxy's Edge:
PhotoPass GE.jpg

Will the photographers still take a picture of you with your cell phone or did they stop that after covid? Thanks

In Galaxy's Edge, they have a different uniform to keep on theme with being residents/visitors in Batuu. All CMs in Batuu keep in character - you'll hear them refer to image captures, datapads and credits instead of pictures, cell phones and money.

Another spot where the photographers sometimes have different uniforms is on Main Street in MK - sometimes the photographers there are in the striped shirt uniform.

These are the best photos I could find of PhotoPass photographers in the background of my personal photos :)

In this MK photo, you can see both uniforms - the usual bright green shirt and the striped one with the tie:
View attachment 766455

And here's a photographer in Galaxy's Edge:
View attachment 766456
Thank you for posting these pics! I would not have recognized the one in Galaxy’s Edge at all! Looked like a tourist doing cosplay to me, haha! Can’t even see the name tag! That is so cool that they stay in character! We have not seen this land yet, so definitely did not know about all that, appreciate the heads up!

Is this only if you have Magicbands?
No, it comes with buying Genie+. But you need a way to link the ride photos to your MDE account. You can tap a ticket card to the scanner at the end of the ride, but not all rides have those. Seven Dwarfs, RnR, GotG, and others don’t have the scanners, so you need a way to link them “long distance.” A MB is the easiest way, or you can turn on your phone’s Bluetooth and give MDE permission to use it. MB and Bluetooth will automatically link all ride photos, so you don’t have to tap the scanners, either, if you have one or the other.

Is there any way to extend Memory Maker? We have purchased it for an upcoming trip and I have now found out I am returning 42 days later. :yay: I believe it is only good for 30 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!