Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

I tried to read as much as I can but still need help! I am going with a school trip next week. Kids have ticket cards but no MDE. I have 10 kids linked to me, and the others are linked to other chaperones in small groups, so we can try for Guardians. If I buy Memory Maker, do I need to be "friends and family" with all the kids, or just the other chaperones and MDE owners? I'd love to just buy one and then be able to share the photos of all of the kids.
In your PhotoPass account, you will see photos of everyone in your F&F list but not of anyone else (except when PP links them to you by mistake!). So if you're friends only with the chaperones and other MDE owners, you'll see photos of them and whoever else is in the same photo they are, but kids who are in a different photo won't be in your account.

However, if you have MM, you can download any photo you do have and then share it via email, text message, flash drive, CD, etc. with anyone else. Obviously, you don't have to be F&F with them.

ETA the ticket cards the kids will have won't be able to link long-distance photos such as Seven Dwarfs, only photos where there's a touchpoint at the end of the ride, like Buzz Lightyear.

In your PhotoPass account, you will see photos of everyone in your F&F list but not of anyone else (except when PP links them to you by mistake!). So if you're friends only with the chaperones and other MDE owners, you'll see photos of them and whoever else is in the same photo they are, but kids who are in a different photo won't be in your account.

However, if you have MM, you can download any photo you do have and then share it via email, text message, flash drive, CD, etc. with anyone else. Obviously, you don't have to be F&F with them.

ETA the ticket cards the kids will have won't be able to link long-distance photos such as Seven Dwarfs, only photos where there's a touchpoint at the end of the ride, like Buzz Lightyear.
Thank you! Good point about long distance. Nothing i can really do about that since we don't have magic bands. I know there is a touch point at Tower which is what I was thinking would be fun to have, since we will fill a whole elevator.

I think after our Epcot Day I'll link all the kids to me (It's only like 30 total). We mostly wanted it in small groups for our chance at getting Guardians.

Thank you! Good point about long distance. Nothing i can really do about that since we don't have magic bands. I know there is a touch point at Tower which is what I was thinking would be fun to have, since we will fill a whole elevator.

I think after our Epcot Day I'll link all the kids to me (It's only like 30 total). We mostly wanted it in small groups for our chance at getting Guardians.
Magic bands aren't required for ride phones. You can get the long distance ride photos if you have a phone with MDE on it and your Bluetooth turned on.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/index.php/faq/photopass/linking-attraction-photos/

Travelling with a LARGE group of 17 family members. DH and I have APs (Sorcerer Pass). Can we add MM to our APs? We have a few trips this year and it would be cool to have for the year.

Also, if I add it to just MY AP, will anyone in my HUGE party be able to get photopass pics taken (I'm thinking the group will split off often). We are all linked to each other in MDE.

Travelling with a LARGE group of 17 family members. DH and I have APs (Sorcerer Pass). Can we add MM to our APs? We have a few trips this year and it would be cool to have for the year.

Also, if I add it to just MY AP, will anyone in my HUGE party be able to get photopass pics taken (I'm thinking the group will split off often). We are all linked to each other in MDE.
I added the PhotoPass Downloads to my AP only (we didn't add it to DH's) when I renewed - I think you can add it later as an upgrade, but I'm not 100% certain. You can call the Passholder line and ask.

However, to answer your next question, it will work fine if you add it to just your AP. In your PhotoPass account, you will see photos of anyone who is in your F&F list, no watermarks, and be able to download and share them freely. They'll see their photos too, but with watermarks, and they won't be able to download them without paying.

I think I understand what I need to do, but wanted to run it by you experts to make sure...

My sons are going on a trip with their high school marching band, my husband and I plan to take our daughter to Disney World at the same time.

If I buy the Memory Maker for our trip, will I get pictures of everyone if my husband and I and our boys download MDE and turn on our bluetooth while in the parks? The boys will have parkhopper and I am not sure we will, so we may not all be in the same park on the same day (at least not for the whole day).

I'm assuming if that will work, I can also add a few others on the trip (with their permission or course) to also get their pictures if they also have the app and turn on bluetooth, right?

Thanks so much!

I think I understand what I need to do, but wanted to run it by you experts to make sure...

My sons are going on a trip with their high school marching band, my husband and I plan to take our daughter to Disney World at the same time.

If I buy the Memory Maker for our trip, will I get pictures of everyone if my husband and I and our boys download MDE and turn on our bluetooth while in the parks? The boys will have parkhopper and I am not sure we will, so we may not all be in the same park on the same day (at least not for the whole day).

I'm assuming if that will work, I can also add a few others on the trip (with their permission or course) to also get their pictures if they also have the app and turn on bluetooth, right?

Thanks so much!
Photos will connect to anyone's MDE profiles if they're wearing a MB with a working battery or if they have Bluetooth turned on on their phones and the MDE account set to allow connection via Bluetooth.

You will see and be able to download any photos from them as long as they're connected to your MDE via your F&F list.

Traveling to WDW next month with a LARGE group of 17 (split into several reservations). We are ALL connected to each other's MDE accounts through the friends & family feature. One person in the group purchased memory maker. Will ANYONE in the group be able to have a photo pass picture taken and have it show up in the memory maker account of the one family member?

Traveling to WDW next month with a LARGE group of 17 (split into several reservations). We are ALL connected to each other's MDE accounts through the friends & family feature. One person in the group purchased memory maker. Will ANYONE in the group be able to have a photo pass picture taken and have it show up in the memory maker account of the one family member?
Yes! Each person will be able to see their photos in their respective MDE accounts, but only the one who purchased MM will see them without watermarks. And only that person who owns MM will be able to download them without watermarks - and then share them in any way they wish, email, text message, flash drive, CD, etc.

Yes! Each person will be able to see their photos in their respective MDE accounts, but only the one who purchased MM will see them without watermarks. And only that person who owns MM will be able to download them without watermarks - and then share them in
If DH and I check in before the person with MM and go to the parks will our pics show up too? We are checking in the same day but at different times (and will do online check in). We are arriving at noon and going straight to a park. The MM person doesn't get to the resort until 7pm.

Last edited:
If DH and I check in before the person with MM and go to the parks will our pics show up too? We are checking in the same day but at different times (and will do online check in). We are arriving at noon and going straight to a park. The MM person doesn't get to the resort until 7pm.
Yes, all your pics will show in their account, even if they don’t go to WDW at all.

i purchased memory maker for a recent trip. i am back now and making a photo book. I have all the personal photos from rides, etc in my memory maker but there are no stock type images from parks, etc with my photos. i remember a few years ago i had access to a bunch of additional stock type images but don't see any this time. anyone know if these are available somewhere? i wanted some simple photos to add to my photo book. tia

i purchased memory maker for a recent trip. i am back now and making a photo book. I have all the personal photos from rides, etc in my memory maker but there are no stock type images from parks, etc with my photos. i remember a few years ago i had access to a bunch of additional stock type images but don't see any this time. anyone know if these are available somewhere? i wanted some simple photos to add to my photo book. tia
Did you check in both MDE and on your computer? Not sure it matters but might be worth a shot. Also, try logging out and logging back in. If no luck, I'd reach out to support. Good luck.

@TheSouthernBelle is correct - check the website. I didn't see any stock photos in the app on my phone, but when I logged into my PhotoPass account via the MDE website, there were several.

Yes, they will.

BTW DH and I have noticed fewer and shorter lines for photographers this week.
I thought that at some point in the recent past, there was a procedural change that prevented Photopass photographers from using the guest's camera. Was that ever true? If it was, it sounds like they have changed back.

This might be a silly question. I’m an ap holder pixie pass. I bought the photo pass for $99. If I buy a regular ticket for a blackout date or an after hours event, will my photopass still apply?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter