Everything Park Hopping - Please Read Post 1

Apologies if this is answered elsewhere; I did a quick search before posting and didn't find the answer to my question. I haven't used Park Hoppers in years, but am considering them for a trip to WDW in October because ::gestures at the state of the parks::. I've seen in FAQs that you can go to park A, then B, then C, but if we were to start the day in Hollywood Studios and then pop over to Epcot for F&W booths, could we then go back to Hollywood Studios to end the day?
Your post has been merged with the 'Everything Park Hopping' thread. Please read Post 1 for all the current PH information.

But, yes you may hop to Epcot at 2:00 or later and then go back to DHS at any time. Your park reservation for DHS grants you access the entire time the park is open that day.

Since it appears the daliy park reservations have increased capacity, does anyone know of a recent example where the park was at capacity based on the reservation system, that when 2PM came for park hoppers to enter their differnt park for the day they were denied entry due to a capacity issue at that particular park?

TIA

Since it appears the daliy park reservations have increased capacity, does anyone know of a recent example where the park was at capacity based on the reservation system, that when 2PM came for park hoppers to enter their differnt park for the day they were denied entry due to a capacity issue at that particular park?

TIA
Your post has been merged with 'Everything Park Hopping.' Please read post 1

As other have shared, parks have never been closed to capacity, even when all parks were full. I think the next test of this will be hopping to MK on Oct 1st. If it survives that without restricting hopping I really don't think it will be a problem any day until possibly Christmas Day and New Year's Day.

TIA
I think Disney takes park hopping into account when setting the park reservation limits. They certainly have enough data both prepandemic and from ADRs to make a pretty well educated guess as to what percentage of guests are going to want to end the day with dinner at Epcot, for example.

I know you have to pay for the hopper for the whole trip … I’ll get that out of the way.

scenario: I am at Epcot and it’s now almost 2pm and I’ve finished doing what I wanted at Epcot and I think “hey it would be nice to jump to MK (or wherever) before coming back here for fireworks…”

can I at that point go to guest relations and add the park hopper and be able to hop THAT DAY?

I want to play it by ear and not pay for the hopper ubless I really decide I want it..

I know you have to pay for the hopper for the whole trip … I’ll get that out of the way.

scenario: I am at Epcot and it’s now almost 2pm and I’ve finished doing what I wanted at Epcot and I think “hey it would be nice to jump to MK (or wherever) before coming back here for fireworks…”

can I at that point go to guest relations and add the park hopper and be able to hop THAT DAY?

I want to play it by ear and not pay for the hopper ubless I really decide I want it..
Yes, you sure can.

You can. Just so you know you'll be charged to cover your whole ticket, no matter what day you do that. So...if you have a 7-day ticket and on day 7 you say, "I'd like to add the park hopper", the price will be the same as if you said it on day 1. It's your business how you spend your money. Just saying that it's more cost-effective to purchase it on day 1 than your last day.

You can. Just so you know you'll be charged to cover your whole ticket, no matter what day you do that. So...if you have a 7-day ticket and on day 7 you say, "I'd like to add the park hopper", the price will be the same as if you said it on day 1. It's your business how you spend your money. Just saying that it's more cost-effective to purchase it on day 1 than your last day.

yes. The first line in my post says I know that lol.

Your post has been merged with the 'Everything Park Hopping' thread. I have used your question re: 'Can we start hopping immediately' to update Post 1. Thanks for asking as that post is always one we're working to improve.

This is a thread intended to talk about everything to do with park hopping........

Park Hopping Requirement: In order to hop to a second park, a guest must have tapped into the park where they have booked a reservation for that day. Guests cannot just go to the second park even if it is after 2:00 PM...........

Does this still apply if the park I am hopping to still has available reservations for that day? As an example, I have reservations for AK but decide to sleep in instead and not go. Later that evening I decide to walk over to Epcot. If Epcot still has available reservations would I be allowed in even if I have not tapped in to AK? I suppose I could use the MDE app to cancel AK and reserve Epcot for that day when I arrive at the gate but that seems like a silly thing to have to do.

Does this still apply if the park I am hopping to still has available reservations for that day? As an example, I have reservations for AK but decide to sleep in instead and not go. Later that evening I decide to walk over to Epcot. If Epcot still has available reservations would I be allowed in even if I have not tapped in to AK? I suppose I could use the MDE app to cancel AK and reserve Epcot for that day when I arrive at the gate but that seems like a silly thing to have to do.
The only way to enter the first park of the day you want to enter is to have a park reservation for that park, regardless of what time of day it is. The definition of 'hopping' is going from one park to a different park. If you don't enter the first park you are not 'hopping' which means you require a park reservation for the first park you enter.

If your park reservation is for AK but you decide to go to Epcot first you must cancel your AK reservation and rebook an Epcot reservation. If you don't do this your MB will tap 'red' at Epcot and you will not be allowed to enter. It is the way the system is set up.

If I’m spending 2 days in the parks but only want to park hop on 1 day, is there any reason I can’t buy 2, 1-day tickets and only add park hoppers to one of them?

If I’m spending 2 days in the parks but only want to park hop on 1 day, is there any reason I can’t buy 2, 1-day tickets and only add park hoppers to one of them?
You could, but I don't think it would save you much (or any) $$...

Using tomorrow's pricing as an example, a 1 day ticket would be $132 plus a 1 day hopper would be $197.
Total = $329

Alternatively, a 2 day PH would be $332

For $3 difference it wouldn't make much sense.

You could, but I don't think it would save you much (or any) $$...

Using tomorrow's pricing as an example, a 1 day ticket would be $132 plus a 1 day hopper would be $197.
Total = $329

Alternatively, a 2 day PH would be $332

For $3 difference it wouldn't make much sense.

Oh wow—I didn’t realize the PH pricing worked that way—thanks for pointing that out!

I think I understand this whole new system. One question, PHing and taping into a second park doesnt guarentee that you can leave and get back in, correct? I know sofar there hasnt been a capacity issue but technically this can happen: we do HS as our official park day in the AM, hop at 2pm to EP for a few hours, come back to Beach Club for an early evening swim and change . Then we head back to EP but could we be denied as it's full for those last hours even though we were already there? hasnt happened yet, correct. I am just worried as EP is the one park that is open until 10 while we are there, and with Food and Wine I can see everybody heading there to close the night. Has EP had this issue?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter