Everything I touch turns to broken. A fantastic Festival of the Arts Trip – January 2023 (Updated 6/22!!)

Yikes on the Guardians wait. That is way too long when you've paid extra to "skip" the line! The monorails are getting up there in age, but I really hope they are able to upgrade them somehow and make more reliable (& smell better, if possible, haha).
Yeah, it was a painfully long wait. I have no idea what was happening, but I'm glad I only paid for myself so it wasn't horribly expensive, if I had more people in my party I would have been sooooo mad at having to spend that much money to wait that long!

It would be nice if they would get new trains. I know that's unlikely to happen, but I feel like it's past due. I've heard a lot of people mention the smell, I have to say, I've never noticed it before. Maybe it's me... :rotfl2:

Yikes on the Guardians wait. That is way too long when you've paid extra to "skip" the line! The monorails are getting up there in age, but I really hope they are able to upgrade them somehow and make more reliable (& smell better, if possible, haha).
LOL....we just call it the monorail smell......like the water ride smell......

Are posting new installments broken too? :worship:

I was amazed at how great the Boathouse burger was last June

Day 4, Part 5: Dessert Party Time!

Once in the Mk I quickly stopped at a photopass photographer with no line.

After my pictures, I wasn’t sure what to do with myself. I had intended to get there earlier and do some rides, but with the breakdown of Guardians and the monorail I was there much later than anticipated, so didn’t really have time for a ride. In the end I decided to just head to the check in for the dessert party I had booked that night.

I arrived pretty early, the arrival time on the app was 7:15, but I knew from previous parties to get there at least 30 minutes before that time, but it was only about 6:24, so this was earlier than I would normally show up!

However the CM’s working the check-in were super nice and got me all checked in and had me start the line along the railing.

It was actually fairly entertaining to wait there, they were training some new CMs that night, so I got to listen in on it and all the tip and tricks, and I had to laugh at the “issues” they had with guests (mostly most guests have no idea which dessert party they booked and get lost easily :rotfl2: ).

Not long after I got in line more people got in line behind me, but it wasn’t many! Even a minute before they let us in there was only two parties behind me in line. It was wild, when we have done this in September the line to get in is usually like 20 parties deep 15 minutes before they let us in!

While I was waiting to enter, this obnoxious guest came up to the check-in desk and was all angry and made this stupid rude comment because he was lost and didn’t know where to go. Like it was just so rude and directed at the CMs who were just trying to help. The CMs handled it wonderfully, meanwhile the woman next to me in line gave each other this “check out this ***hole” look and then openly criticized the guy for being a jerk. I kinda hope he heard us…. ::yes::

Shortly after that show, it was time to head in!

The CM who lead me to my table was so sweet, but got a bit lost. She was certain there was a table set up for one person somewhere, but after looking for a minute or two, it appeared there were only two-tops as the smallest table. Once we realized this she told me to just pick whichever table I wanted.

Thanks awesome CM!!!

I ended up selecting the “corner” table again, the same one we had at the party in September. I really liked it this evening since the tables around it were spaced out a bit more than the rest, and I much prefer that additional spacing!

Shortly after getting seated, I headed up to get some desserts!

I started with the tres leches dessert (this was my favorite), some cheese and fruit, and a glass of red wine.

Shortly after getting back with my desserts, the group at one of the tables next to me was seated. I’m sure they were a very nice family, but the older gentleman with the group could not stop coughing, and instead of coughing on his family, every time he coughed he would turn around to face me and let loose (of course not covering his mouth).

Ew.

Ok, no biggie, I picked this table since it wasn’t on top of the adjacent tables like most of them, so he was a solid 4ft away from me. (still gross though)

After a while I ended up getting my second round of food. When I got back I got my camera set up to record the show. This was the first, and last, time I would see Enchantment so I wanted to record it!

Finally, after probably a bit too much chocolate, it was show time!

I was so excited to finally see the show, especially the 50th tag at the beginning with Walt. Unfortunately, while I could see it, I couldn’t hear it at first.

The second the show started, a man sitting at the table next to me started screaming. He was seated directly behind me, so was only about 18” from my head, so all I could hear for the first few minutes of the show was him screaming.

The people he was with were doing their best to calm him, so I did my best to ignore it and try to hear the show. Fortunately, this man did stop, just after the added 50th tag at the beginning. So I missed the part I was really excited for, but at least I can watch it on youtube! Speaking of, here’s the video I took that night.

The good news is, I set my camera up on the other side of my table, so you can’t hear much of the screaming in the video, but you can hear the party at the other table next to me never stop talking. :sad2:

Here are some more shots from the show.

The show was really nice, but not my favorite. Now I’m not one of the HEA devotees, Wishes was more my jam/had my heart, but I do have to say I much preferred the soundtrack to HEA than Enchantment. Enchantment was good, but HEA definitely had better music in my opinion!

After the show I decided to hang around for a while to let the crowds clear. I was surprised to see they were still serving wine after the show, but happy they were since I grabbed another glass!

Next up: Don’t be THAT Woman

I ended up selecting the “corner” table again, the same one we had at the party in September. I really liked it this evening since the tables around it were spaced out a bit more than the rest, and I much prefer that additional spacing!
That was a decent view of the castle. I thought there were more trees in the way than that.

The coughing man would bother me, too, especially after all the Covid fear we went through for such a long time. The screaming man would be super annoying.
but I do have to say I much preferred the soundtrack to HEA than Enchantment. Enchantment was good, but HEA definitely had better music in my opinion!
I prefer the HEA soundtrack to Enchantment, too. I think Disney tried to do something creative and write some new songs. But all that did was to take away the comfort of the familiar songs Disney is famous for. I'm glad they brought back HEA while they try to create something better.

That was a decent view of the castle. I thought there were more trees in the way than that.
Yeah, I think it depends on where on the patio the seat is. I got lucky with this one!
The coughing man would bother me, too, especially after all the Covid fear we went through for such a long time. The screaming man would be super annoying.
Right? The coughing was so ridiculous, I don't understand why people still won't cover their mouths when they cough, and especially when he was physically turning around to cough in my direction. Just yuck!
I prefer the HEA soundtrack to Enchantment, too. I think Disney tried to do something creative and write some new songs. But all that did was to take away the comfort of the familiar songs Disney is famous for. I'm glad they brought back HEA while they try to create something better.
Yeah, me too, I never loved HEA, but I definitely liked it better than Enchantment!

Day 4, Part 6: Don’t be THAT Woman

I ended up hanging out at Tomorrowland Terrace for a little bit after the fireworks to enjoy my wine and let the crowds dissipate.

Eventually I made my way out and headed over to Buzz where I had a LL booked (I have no idea when I booked this…maybe while stuck on the monorail?)

It was a fun ride, but my goodness my score was atrocious. I don’t know what was with me this week but on both Buzz and TSMM my scores were horrible! Maybe I just don’t try as hard when I’m not competing against my mom? :confused3 I even know where the high point targets are, so I have no idea why my score was so bad. Oh well, at least I didn’t lose to my mom!

I also had a LL for Space, but by the time I got off Buzz I was well beyond the expiration grace period and was already within my return time for the ILL I bought for 7DMT, so decided to just head back to Fantasyland.

I got the 7DMT quickly, and was shocked to see the line for the LL stretched all the way around the ride! Seriously, what was going on with these long ILL lines this day?!?

The wait was about 30 minutes in the LL. Again, I feel like for the extra pay for rides they really should keep those waits as low as possible.

There was a really nice family in front of me in the line so we chatted a bit while we waited which helped pass the time.

Eventually I got to the load zone, and the CM assigning seats tells me “You’ll be with the other single rider in row 3”

So I go to row 3 to wait with this other woman.

Well, it seems that I may have ruined this womans evening by existing. Seriously.

When the train came into the station and we got in, she looked absolutely horrified that I got into the car with her.

She was clearly SOOOOOO angry, I could practically feel the anger rising off of her throughout the ride. Definitely made for a very awkward ride experience! Like I get it’s not always fun being a single rider and being put next to a stranger, but 7DMT was packed that night, if the LL wait was 30 minutes they clearly were trying to move people through quickly and having single riders ride together, so I don’t know why she was SO angry.

The picture is pretty funny though…

:rotfl2:

Oh well, hopefully her night got better after that!

Once off 7DMT I debated doing some more rides, but was starting to get tired and knew I still had to pack, so opted to head back to the YC.

I lucked out this evening and got to the bus stop just as a bus did, and since it was still before park close it wasn’t very crowded so I even got a seat!

Once back in the room I got everything packed (that was a challenge with the massive Figment popcorn bucket and only having carryon bags!), then watched a movie and finished up the bottle of wine I had in the room.

Next up: Until Next Time, Disney!

Oh my goodness, the lady with you, what a capital B! :rotfl2:
The picture is hilarious 😂
I have had to be on SDD with a stranger a couple times and I would never act like that! I always make the most of it and luckily I have never had to ride with someone like that!

Oh dear. How awkward. Although I will say that I definitely prefer being by myself. In my case, I'm a bit wider with pretty long legs and the ride vehicle is so tight (in my opinion) that I'm incredibly self-conscious that I'll be encroaching on their space and/or that they're judging me. I have issues. :rolleyes: But do totally get that when it's crowded, they want to fill each train to reduce wait time.

Hanging out at the dessert party with some wine while the crowd dissipates is so awesome. Between that and not having to stake out a spot in advance it's worth the price of admission to me and the sweets and wine is just a bonus. :rotfl:

Buzz seems to be showing its age a bit as it seems like a lot of the guns aren't fully functional. ~15 years ago, I maxed out the score -- absolutely no idea how I did it and have never ever come close to doing it again.

When the train came into the station and we got in, she looked absolutely horrified that I got into the car with her.

She was clearly SOOOOOO angry, I could practically feel the anger rising off of her throughout the ride. Definitely made for a very awkward ride experience! Like I get it’s not always fun being a single rider and being put next to a stranger, but 7DMT was packed that night, if the LL wait was 30 minutes they clearly were trying to move people through quickly and having single riders ride together, so I don’t know why she was SO angry.

The picture is pretty funny though…

:rotfl2:

Oh well, hopefully her night got better after that!

Once off 7DMT I debated doing some more rides, but was starting to get tired and knew I still had to pack, so opted to head back to the YC.

I lucked out this evening and got to the bus stop just as a bus did, and since it was still before park close it wasn’t very crowded so I even got a seat!

Once back in the room I got everything packed (that was a challenge with the massive Figment popcorn bucket and only having carryon bags!), then watched a movie and finished up the bottle of wine I had in the room.

Next up: Until Next Time, Disney!

Crazy about that lady. She does look angry, but makes it a funny pic. When I was there in 2021 solo, I was put with a group of 4 on the Millennium Falcon as an engineer. We go to board and the father turns and looks at me and asks why I was going with them. Ummm, because I was assigned to and told I was with your group. I think he felt I was impeding on his family. Hey - we all had masks and there was still a plastic thing between our seats, I think this will be ok. I kind of wonder if they were planning to take their masks off it was just going to be them. Cast member told him that I was supposed to be there.

At least you had a good time. :)

Crazy about that lady. She does look angry, but makes it a funny pic. When I was there in 2021 solo, I was put with a group of 4 on the Millennium Falcon as an engineer. We go to board and the father turns and looks at me and asks why I was going with them. Ummm, because I was assigned to and told I was with your group. I think he felt I was impeding on his family. Hey - we all had masks and there was still a plastic thing between our seats, I think this will be ok. I kind of wonder if they were planning to take their masks off it was just going to be them. Cast member told him that I was supposed to be there.
I had a father yell at me for sitting with his 12 or 13 year old son on Everest when I used the single rider line. I felt bad for the kid. He was so embarrassed. We were already seated, so we couldn't change the arrangement.

I am dying at that lady's face :rotfl2: literally looks like a toddler who didn't get her way!

giphy.gif

Oh my goodness, the lady with you, what a capital B! :rotfl2:
The picture is hilarious 😂
I have had to be on SDD with a stranger a couple times and I would never act like that! I always make the most of it and luckily I have never had to ride with someone like that!
Haha, I know! It was so awkward during the ride, but the picture is hilarious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!