Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

I wouldn’t call that a waste 😂 the ToT line is ridiculously long and slow right now even at night due to the half capacity
I agree in a way. We've used G+ for just one or two rides and because of the long standby lines were happy to have had it if not exactly happy to have paid for it. But there's no free G+ so paying for it has become part of the trip now.

Any news about Disney expanding the reservation window for genie + or lightning lane reservations? Not knowing what your doing til the day of your vacation kinda takes the fun out of it. If they have to charge at least let you make some reservations a month or 2 ahead of time instead of 7am the day of!! I'm just picturing staring at my phone walking back and forth across the park chasing fast passes..?? Missing the old way..

Any news about Disney expanding the reservation window for genie + or lightning lane reservations? Not knowing what your doing til the day of your vacation kinda takes the fun out of it. If they have to charge at least let you make some reservations a month or 2 ahead of time instead of 7am the day of!! I'm just picturing staring at my phone walking back and forth across the park chasing fast passes..?? Missing the old way..
I don't think there is much of a chance in this happening anytime soon. The whole reason why they changed is because there were too many complaints from people stating that too much preplanning was required. That combined with everybody praising the Disneyland version of maxpath, and here we go.

I don't think there is much of a chance in this happening anytime soon. The whole reason why they changed is because there were too many complaints from people stating that too much preplanning was required. That combined with everybody praising the Disneyland version of maxpath, and here we go.
What's the whole reason why they changed the fastpass system? It's hard for me believe people would rather get up at 630am while on vacation to plan the day compared to doing it three months prior. There really is no planning anymore.

This would never happen unless they started allowing AP holders to buy in advance. Not likely.

This would never happen unless they started allowing AP holders to buy in advance. Not likely.
That would nice. It just doesn’t seem like it enhances your trip, just adds more clutter. Waking up at 630 and staring at your phone all day. Plan everything ahead of time, than just enjoy the parks with your family..

No the glitch only occurs when one party has an AP and the other has Genie+ already added on to their ticket. If you don't add genie+ to your DH's ticket in advance you should be able to add it daily for both you through MDE.

Thank you so much - that’s what I have been wondering about. We are flying out at 7:00 am so I am hoping to have it purchased before we board and make our first LL before take-off (I know I’m dreaming but it’s worth a shot - Genie+ will be a must Memorial Day Weekend).

Many people are at Disney for a number of days in a row so for myself this would add to the challenge. Today is Tuesday and I’m going to MK Thursday so I need to wake up early to book MK on my AK day. Tomorrow I’ll be at Epcot but I’ll still need to wake up early to book DHS for Friday. Not an idea that would work for me.

It seems like this was "sort of" answered in a different post, but I'm not sure. With G+ and rider switch... does every rider need to have a G+ reservation even for rider switch? Or, could "Party 1" of 1 parent/child have a G+ reservation and "Party 2" who is waiting (let's say another parent and an infant) still get to use the fast lane even without a reservation, and still get to take the child with him/her for the child's 2nd ride? If the whole party needs a reservation it sort of seems like Rider Switch is pointless unless you use the full standby line.

Same question for LL+ like RotR. Does the whole party need to purchase a LL+ reservation? Or only the group riding first as part of a rider switch?

We are a family of 5, with 1 or 2 kids being able to ride depending on the ride plus 1 infant and I guess the overarching question here is whether we can use rider switch to our advantage and operate separate G+ reservations in combination with rider switch, or do we need to assume we all need the same reservations?

I know that the general rule for ILL$ allows you to purchase 2 ILL$ per day.

But, I saw someone post the other day that the change to having only one IILL$ attraction per park has resulted in a change that only allows one per day.

Has anyone confirmed one way or the other if someone with a hopper ticket can still get 2 ILL$ per day?

I know that the general rule for ILL$ allows you to purchase 2 ILL$ per day.

But, I saw someone post the other day that the change to having only one IILL$ attraction per park has resulted in a change that only allows one per day.

Has anyone confirmed one way or the other if someone with a hopper ticket can still get 2 ILL$ per day?

people with hoppers have reported still getting 2 per day.

It seems like this was "sort of" answered in a different post, but I'm not sure. With G+ and rider switch... does every rider need to have a G+ reservation even for rider switch? Or, could "Party 1" of 1 parent/child have a G+ reservation and "Party 2" who is waiting (let's say another parent and an infant) still get to use the fast lane even without a reservation, and still get to take the child with him/her for the child's 2nd ride? If the whole party needs a reservation it sort of seems like Rider Switch is pointless unless you use the full standby line.

Same question for LL+ like RotR. Does the whole party need to purchase a LL+ reservation? Or only the group riding first as part of a rider switch?

We are a family of 5, with 1 or 2 kids being able to ride depending on the ride plus 1 infant and I guess the overarching question here is whether we can use rider switch to our advantage and operate separate G+ reservations in combination with rider switch, or do we need to assume we all need the same reservations?

Each person must have a LL or ILL$ reservation to ride, including when riding using Rider Swap. The child will be able to ride twice but the second adult must also have a LL/ILL$ Reservation in or to qualify for rider swap. Without it they could basically double dip all day.

The intention of using rider swap in the case you’re describing is for the child to ride twice. If there isn’t a second child wanting to ride twice there is no need to use rider swap as each adult has a LL/ILL$ reservation and just rides one after another. The LL/ILL$/Rider Swap entrance is all the same.

Rider Swap is normally intended for the second person skipping the standby line when the family does not have LL/ILL$. The only real advantage to use Rider Swap with LL/ILL$ Reservations is the option for a second child to ride twice, once with each adult.

Good morning,

Getting ready to head to MK for a little while before our Reservation for the new restaurant at Steakhouse 71 (yay).

Anyway, I wanted to comment on our experience regarding FOP from yesterday as I mentioned before.
At the beginning of November, we used the standby line because the ILL$ was super long. It took us maybe 35 minutes total.

Yesterday, we had our doubts about buying the ILL$ before getting there. We wanted to see how it was was and check on the available times at that time.

Well, we got there around noon, and by that time the wait time was over 120 minutes and no available ILL$. We went to Nomad's lounge to get some appetizers and drinks while we kept checking the times, nothing changed and saw that the times were getting worse, still no ILL$ available .

Our adults kids went to get on some other rides ,and we went to see the new bird show and then we all went to get some ribs. At that time, it was like 4 PM, and they decided to go and wait the 120 minutes thinking that it may be less than that.

We kept checking for available ILL$, and right before 5PM , they became available for 6PM but only for a few minutes. I got one for DH and me. It took us in all ,like 15 minutes to get on the ride! We ended up exiting the ride just a few minutes after the rest of the party!

Each person must have a LL or ILL$ reservation to ride, including when riding using Rider Swap. The child will be able to ride twice but the second adult must also have a LL/ILL$ Reservation in or to qualify for rider swap. Without it they could basically double dip all day.

The intention of using rider swap in the case you’re describing is for the child to ride twice. If there isn’t a second child wanting to ride twice there is no need to use rider swap as each adult has a LL/ILL$ reservation and just rides one after another. The LL/ILL$/Rider Swap entrance is all the same.

Rider Swap is normally intended for the second person skipping the standby line when the family does not have LL/ILL$. The only real advantage to use Rider Swap with LL/ILL$ Reservations is the option for a second child to ride twice, once with each adult.

I guess the part I don't understand is, when we approach the CM to request Rider Swap, how do they know whether "Party 1" is about to go wait in Standby or use a LL? I get the double-dipping (which was an advantage to Fast Pass w/ Rider Swap honestly) but is the CM really going to say "Wait, the first parent has a LL reservation therefore I am not giving the second parent a Rider Swap pass because he/she doesn't have a LL reservation." That seems like a lot for the CM to decipher, but maybe not?

There is only one ILL in each park and you cannot reserve the same ride twice.
Park Hoppers get around the restriction by being able to visit two (or more) parks, and make ILL reservations on two different rides, in two different parks.

I wouldn’t call that a waste 😂 the ToT line is ridiculously long and slow right now even at night due to the half capacity

Yes we saved about 2 hours standby wait time for the $15/pp charge of G+ for one ride. But G+ isn't meant to be the same as ILL$ which you know is a pay per ride deal.

Simple problem is there are not enough G+ passes available in DHS (less extent EP/AK) for the few rides in these parks that are the priority of most attending to make the service cost effective. In MK there are more rides, more passes, and visitor priorities do not overlap as much making the service more cost effective in that park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter