Everyone departing Vancouver for Alaska today (5/16)!

Wow! That’s pretty light. I was trying to book my sailing in two weeks to see what rooms available but I realized you don’t know if they are pulled from inventory or booked. How was the feel walking ship with low bookings. I’ve never been without it at capacity.
It was really lovely, some empty tables around us at dinner but the shows felt nice and full but not overly so and the decks were lovely, we were able to meet all the characters in the Alaskan gear on deck on glacier day with shorter lines. It was our best cruise ever (except that the kids never slept!)

It was really lovely, some empty tables around us at dinner but the shows felt nice and full but not overly so and the decks were lovely, we were able to meet all the characters in the Alaskan gear on deck on glacier day with shorter lines. It was our best cruise ever (except that the kids never slept!)
Question - can you please describe the level of dining room dressing that you saw on the cruise? Non-formal vs formal night - like what % of men wore suit jackets, ties, women wearing cocktail dresses etc? We’re trying to plan our formal/non-formal wear. Thank you!

thanks for the updates! I’m curious as to how long the reduced capacity for the AK sailings will last - whether this was just for the first 1-2 sailings or whether it will be for longer into the season!

thanks for the updates! I’m curious as to how long the reduced capacity for the AK sailings will last - whether this was just for the first 1-2 sailings or whether it will be for longer into the season!
Our server said they were expecting 1600 on the May 23rd cruise so numbers are already going up.

Question - can you please describe the level of dining room dressing that you saw on the cruise? Non-formal vs formal night - like what % of men wore suit jackets, ties, women wearing cocktail dresses etc? We’re trying to plan our formal/non-formal wear. Thank you!
Honestly I didn't notice very much (I was wrangling a 2 yo!) but I would say I saw quite a few people dressed for formal night, much fewer for semi-formal night and most nights most that I saw were in jeans and shirts.

It was mixed. Some wore Jacket and ties along with fancy dresses, some wore collard shirts and some like me wore jeans and a t-shirt. Never felt uncomfortable.

Anyone with experience doing a covid test after debarkation to return to the US?

Any chance anyone on this sailing went to Palo brunch? Are they still doing the no-buffet version?

Also was character breakfast still cancelled because character interactions are still socially distanced?

Thank you!

Any chance anyone on this sailing went to Palo brunch? Are they still doing the no-buffet version?

Also was character breakfast still cancelled because character interactions are still socially distanced?

Thank you!
We went to brunch! No buffet at Palo Brunch still

No character breakfast as yes character meets are still somewhat distanced (it definitely wasn't 6 feet though!)

quick wrap up of our cruise experience.
- Dawes Glacier. the excursions on the boat got to the glacier earlier and according to someone that took it that I had a chat w they also past the closer to the coast to see wildlife. But in the end because of a lot of broken of glacier debris the smaller boats didn't really get much closer to the glacier than the Wonder. Not sure is different due to current climate or more seasonal but the gentlemen I talked to would have rather saved the money if he had known.
- Whale watching according to that same gentlemen was amazing and they had several sightings w breach
- Paolo Brunch wasn't quite the same though food was still great. The only slight disappointment we had was that the famous melt in your mouth lasagna we had so many times had what I believed to be the same flavour but unfortunately the pasta was closer to al dente, possibly thicker. I was sad as I usually prefer al dente pasta but ever since Paolo got me eating that soft melting in my mouth lasagna out of their palm it has been a driving factor for us to go back every time. :'(
- Skagway White Pass Scenic Railway ride was amazing. The information I was able to extract about it from Disney Cruise and directly was a bit confusing. Disney claims it being a 4hr excursion vs the direct website claims it to be more like 2.5hr as they don't cross into Canada due to Covid regulation. It ended up being almost 4hrs after all and amazing experience
- Tiana's lunch burgers aren't the greatest according to my fellow traveller
- Juneau Mendenhall Glacier we chose the excursion that took us only to that site and go too spend 2.5hrs there if I remember correctly and it was plenty of time to go to the nugget Falls and photo point w plenty of time to spend at both location. was colder at the falls due to the added wind and moisture in the air but so worth going. if you pick one of the other combo excursions you stay there for shorter time but can still manage to go to nugget falls but need to put in high gear
- We stayed at Pinnacle hotel Habourfront and it was manageable in terms of walking w all the luggage to the port
- also looks like our travelling companion have now tested covid positive upon return :(. Looking back looks like they got it last day or two of the cruise.... mostly asymptomatic
Vancouver notes:
- picked up discounted tickets for Capilano Suspension Bridge Park and Sea to Sky Gondola through Vancouver Attractions Dotcom and more discount w more visiting sites eg Stanley park nike rental etc but we weren't sure weather would hold up. I just ordered tickets for the sea to sky gondola shuttle directly.
- need to email Capilano directly to book a time slot ahead of time
- need to get actual tickets at both sites at guest services/ticket counter
- both sights definitely worth a visit

Can't think of anything else to add, oh forward cabins are so much less noisy and "vibratingy" and Aaron our server was amazing and Axel was just really funny running trivia games.

As some others have said, it was real mixed, I would say the majority wore casual clothing. Due to the weather I was either in jeans or shorts and t-shirts for dinner, but I did see people dress up in suits/dresses and some people wore a Tux/formal dress.

Psy

As some others have said, it was real mixed, I would say the majority wore casual clothing. Due to the weather I was either in jeans or shorts and t-shirts for dinner, but I did see people dress up in suits/dresses and some people wore a Tux/formal dress.

Psy
Thanks Psy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter