Everyone departing Vancouver for Alaska today (5/16)!

I still have access to cellular data!
- upgrades have to get and to fill out request form.
- you can make appointment to talk about upgrade at GS for the 19:00 f2f
- during this time GS suppose to be dedicated for appointments only but didn’t see it enforced
- GS will come back w offer as management go through all the requests
- due to volume ( I think our cruise is not really filled up, a week ago I saw 40+ verandah available for booking) so more requests than usual can be processed) they don’t expect us to be able to move to the upgraded room the first night. That might be a deal breaker for us. Can’t unpack. Can’t start truly relaxing

No it sure where to put it but upgrading from 9A
- 6A 6150/6152 aft would have been $700ish each but room reviews pegged them as nosy and lots vibration from engine room
- 5C 6620/6622 midship starboard would have been $1068 each
Oh well no balcony for us.

No it sure where to put it but upgrading from 9A
Thanks for the details. Also glad to know you still have cell service.

We are currently on Deck 2 (price and when we originally booked with were next to our in-laws who have since cancelled). I was really considering an upgrade to a verandah if it is <$1000...but I wouldn't do $1000/pax.

Have a great trip! Will be getting on board the cruise after yours assuming a negative test. Thanks for the tips about where to go!

Not sure if anyone can answer but can you go to testing area first and then drop off luggage instead of the other way around? Worried about the time it would take to get luggage back if we tested positive. Also I heard in another group that they only gave you 15 mins to get from the testing centre to the cruise check in after your test results come in otherwise you have to retest?? Doesn’t seem like much time for those with mobility issues or children…

Not sure if anyone can answer but can you go to testing area first and then drop off luggage instead of the other way around? Worried about the time it would take to get luggage back if we tested positive. Also I heard in another group that they only gave you 15 mins to get from the testing centre to the cruise check in after your test results come in otherwise you have to retest?? Doesn’t seem like much time for those with mobility issues or children…
This has become less of an issue. Today Disney updated its testing information. It stayed the same for under 5's, but for Fully Vaccinated Passengers you can get tested up to 2 days before and upload that. That makes proctored self tests a much more viable option. If you choose to do it at the port, you now have to pay for it yourself if 5 or older.

This has become less of an issue. Today Disney updated its testing information. It stayed the same for under 5's, but for Fully Vaccinated Passengers you can get tested up to 2 days before and upload that. That makes proctored self tests a much more viable option. If you choose to do it at the port, you now have to pay for it yourself if 5 or older.
Not effective until June 7.

What time were rooms ready? We do carry-on only and tried to time PAT to avoid lugging bags around too long. Hopefully ready around 1pm!

What time were rooms ready? We do carry-on only and tried to time PAT to avoid lugging bags around too long. Hopefully ready around 1pm!

we did Vancouver to Hawaii a couple of weeks ago and we’re in our room at 1.25pm going by our photos, we didn’t try before that though so not sure how early they opened up

I would ask a similar question. Is it best to take luggage to the porters first in Canada Place and then go test by the Fairmont or go test with luggage with us and then go over to Canada Place to give them our luggage.? We will be staying at the Fairmont Waterfront sailing on the May 30th cruise. So don’t want to go back and forth if we don’t need to.

I was one of the few people that was dragging luggage around during testing. (Only because I was given incorrect info by the folks in charge.) It was a bit awkward and if you are a family with lots of bags it might really be a pain. The ballroom was super crowded which made things even more difficult.

What time does testing start (embarkation)? Could we leave luggage at our hotel nearby…. Go test really early…. Then go get breakfast and go board?

We have a 10:15 PAT - I don't think you can go get testing before your PAT. (At least you couldn't in PC). I assume there is a 10AM PAT also.
Correct. You can’t do anything other than maybe check your bags before your PAT. Even the Disney info says do not arrive early as they’ll send you away or won’t let you in. This has been my experience as well.

Process is a little messy as different ppl tell you different things still atm.
notes:
- Can check in baggage at cruise terminal P2 level prior to check in. Might be able to get there through convention centre in the back to avoid the lineup at that single elevator?
- There are multiple testing sites/places so make sure to go the right one. The right one for Disney is at the back side of Fairmont hotel by a small water fountain. It is strictly based on port arrival time but line ups start forming early. Biggest hint is our testing is provided by Inspire and it’s “free” as in already paid for by Disney
- Testing time is seeing about 30min delay, not too bad. Update Now about 1hr.
Can’t say for the rest of the process but if there interest I can keep everyone posted.
Would love to hear how many guests are on board, and how the nursery reservations are being handled.

We have a 10:15 PAT - I don't think you can go get testing before your PAT. (At least you couldn't in PC). I assume there is a 10AM PAT also.
I’ve heard 55-60% 👍🏻👍🏻. Opps sorry that was for the question about capacity. And no, you can’t test before PAT. You have to check-in first at the port. Then they’ll send you over to the Fairmont to test. You should get an email a couple days prior explaining the profess. We did for our cruise next week. And after June 7, it all changes. You have to get your own test.

Would love to hear how many guests are on board, and how the nursery reservations are being handled.
we were told 1200 on board and nursery reservation could only be booked in person or by calling the nursery (and I never bothered to learn the number to call them but guest services connected us the one time we did call) They have a smaller nursery team on board (only 3 staff) so the hours were 9-1 and 2-? on sea days and port days they were playing by ear seeing if guests needed nursery time to cover excursions.

we were told 1200 on board and nursery reservation could only be booked in person or by calling the nursery (and I never bothered to learn the number to call them but guest services connected us the one time we did call) They have a smaller nursery team on board (only 3 staff) so the hours were 9-1 and 2-? on sea days and port days they were playing by ear seeing if guests needed nursery time to cover excursions.
Wow! That’s pretty light. I was trying to book my sailing in two weeks to see what rooms available but I realized you don’t know if they are pulled from inventory or booked. How was the feel walking ship with low bookings. I’ve never been without it at capacity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter