Every Mile is a Miracle

I am thinking that this are the official RNR race shoes for the year, but I will ask when I am at the AZ one and let you know. If they are only in AZ I will snag you a pair and send them your way. But I like HAVE to have these.

I hope so! They are gorgeous!

Comes to catch up on your journal...leaves wanting more shoes!
Also want a mimosa too.

@KSellers88 please tell me more on the deals you get at the rack for launches!! I have three pairs of 4's now.

Comes to catch up on your journal...leaves wanting more shoes!
Also want a mimosa too.

@KSellers88 please tell me more on the deals you get at the rack for launches!! I have three pairs of 4's now.

@roxymama, I've bought my last five pairs of Brooks from Nordstrom Rack! My Ghost 9s were $75 and the four pairs of Brooks Launch 4s I have bought were about $55 each! They always seem to have last season's shoe, but I prefer the 4s for now anyway. Not sure what size you wear, but I just checked their app and they have 6 different colors of the Launch 4 in my size (8.5) for $59.97. I have never had any issues ordering from them and they always come super fast! I'll probably never pay full price for running shoes again. LOL.

@roxymama, I've bought my last five pairs of Brooks from Nordstrom Rack! My Ghost 9s were $75 and the four pairs of Brooks Launch 4s I have bought were about $55 each! They always seem to have last season's shoe, but I prefer the 4s for now anyway. Not sure what size you wear, but I just checked their app and they have 6 different colors of the Launch 4 in my size (8.5) for $59.97. I have never had any issues ordering from them and they always come super fast! I'll probably never pay full price for running shoes again. LOL.

Oh no, I'm a 9B and they have 6 colors in my size!

DBP Week 4 Report 12/26 - 12/31
Planned:
Monday 12/25 - Run Streak 1 Miler (day 27)
Tuesday 12/26 - W4DBP 4 Miles @ EA 12:23 + Strides!
Wednesday 12/27 - Gym & Run Streak 1 Miler (day 29)
Thursday 12/28 - W4DBP 1 mi @ WU 13:09 + 2 x 1.5 mi @ T Pace 9:35 w/3min RI @ WU + 1 mi @ CD 13:09
Friday 12/29 - Gym & Run Streak 1 Miler (day 31)
Saturday 12/30 - W4DBP 6 Miles @ EB 11:34
Sunday 12/31 - W4DBP 9 Miles @ LR 11:11 (Practice Nutrition Strategy)

Monday 12/25: Christmas Day Run Streak One Miler day 27 in my new Brooks Launch 4s that my hubby got me! Nice and easy and beautiful outside.
Distance: 1.07 miles
Average Pace: 10:36

Tuesday 12/26: This was an off run for me. I felt okay until my turn around point at mile 2 and was just like bored or tired, I don't know. But the last mile I felt fine again.
Plan: 4 Miles @ EA 12:23 + Strides (+/- 10 seconds)
Actual: 4.02 Miles @ 12:29 average
Splits: 12:17 (downhill), 12:27 (downhill), 13:22 (uphill), 11:43 (flat + Strides)

Wednesday 12/27: I was going to go to the gym, to do something else along with my Run Streak Miler (day 29), but sleep won. My husband bought me a new alarm clock, the Philips Wake Up Light, and I am still trying to figure out how much glow actually makes me wake up better. So far, it's not working, haha. So, I skipped the gym but got my mile in. It was cold but I saw the light at the end of my Run Streak Tunnel.
Distance: 1.09 miles
Average Pace: 11:42

Thursday 12/28: GUYS. I finally got my T Pace Intervals figured out and I loved every second of this run. The downside: I *HAD* to wake up early and drive to a path that would best benefit me during this run. The upside: my husband got up with me which helped me actually get up. (He didn't run with me though.) I also figured out how to plug in my workout intervals into Runkeeper so it can tell me my paces during
Plan: 1 mi @ WU 13:09 // 1.5 mi @ T Pace 9:35 w/3min RI @ 13:09 // 1.5 mi @ T Pace 9:35 w/3min RI @ 13:09 // 1 mi @ CD 13:09
Actual: 1 mi @ WU 12:46 // 1.5 mi @ T Pace 9:25 w/3min RI @ 11:39 // 1.5 mi @ T Pace 9:30 w/3min RI @ 12:02 // 1 mi @ CD 13:28
Distance/Duration: 5.41 miles @ 59:23

Friday 12/29: This was my last Run Streak One Miler (day 31) and I was so elated.
Distance: 1.09 miles
Average Pace: 11:50

Saturday 12/30: It was gorgeous out this morning. Perfect running weather. Right before I was heading out the door, my MIL was asking me how far I was running and where I was going. So I told her 6 miles to our local park, I should be there in about an hour. And her reply was "isn't that all downhill, why will it take you so long?!" OKAY WOMAN, THEN YOU GO DO IT. Geeeeeeeeez. Anyway. :rolleyes2
Plan: 6 Miles @ EB 11:34
Actual: 6.01 Miles @ 11:26
Splits: 11:08, 11:30, 11:26, 11:21, 11:22, 11:46

Sunday 12/31: I really, truly, could not have thought of a better way to start the last day of 2017, except by maybe waking up a little earlier and running during the gorgeous sunrise that we had. I had ordered a hydration belt just in time for this run, since it is now the longest I have ever run in training. I really liked it, didn't bounce too much, plus having water on me was fantastic. I brought a gel along to have around the 6 mile mark, walked a bit while I ate that and some water, then picked it back up again. There were a few spots on this run where I went down some stairs, but all in all the route I chose was beautiful and I ended it at the park where my husband and kid were at waiting for me, with coffee. And this concluded my 33 day run streak! This is the longest run streak that I have ever completed and I am really proud of that.
Plan: 9 Miles @ LR 11:11 (Practice Nutrition Strategy)
Actual: 9.02 Miles @ 11:17
Splits: 11:01, 11:07, 11:16, 11:08, 11:18, 11:52, 11:34, 11:06, 10:59

December Miles: 96.5 (This is a new monthly PR for me and double what I ran last month!!!)
2017 Miles: 342 (I did 125.9 miles in 2016. I also clocked 1/3 of those miles in December alone!)
Total Time: 60:24:29
Average Pace: 10:35 min/mile
5k PR: 28:21 (11/18/17)
10k PR: 1:03:11 (11/4/17)
HM PR: 2:26:59 (5/14/17)

Just like that, this year is over. I am excited for what lies ahead for me. I am excited that I am in control of it, for the most part. I am taking in to 2018 a new strength and confidence that I have been lacking for a few years now. It feels great. I am glad I reached out to @DopeyBadger when I did for a training plan, because I think it will help me stay focused going into the new year.

Upcoming Week:
Monday 1/1 - REST DAY!!!!!
Tuesday 1/2 - W5DBP 4 Miles @ EA 12:23 + Strides
Wednesday 1/3 - Gym/Bike
Thursday 1/4 - W5DBP 1 mi @ WU 13:09 // 2 mi @ T 9:35 w/3min RI 13:09 // 2 mi @ T 9:35 w/3min RI 13:09 // .5 mi @ CD 13:09
Friday 1/5 - Swim
Saturday 1/6 - W5DBP 4 Miles @ EB 11:34
Sunday 1/7 - W5DBP 6 Miles @ LR 11:11 BLIND!!!

December goals:
- Run streak: run at least 1 mile every day
- Total Mileage: 50 miles
- Don't gain 10 lbs
- Get bike fixed!!!
I forgot I posted some goals for December... Let's see how I did:
- Run at least 1 mile every day -- CHECK
- Total Mileage: 96.5 miles -- CHECK
- Don't gain 10 lbs -- CHECK
- Get bike fixed -- nope, but I am getting it fixed this week!

January Goals:
- Embrace rest days
- Eat more fruits & veggies
- Drink 90oz of water a day
- Swim 4x this month
- Do one 30 sec plank an hour every day while at work
- Walk the dogs once a week

DBP Week 5 Report 1/1 - 1/7
Planned:
Monday 1/1 - REST DAY!!!!!
Tuesday 1/2 - W5DBP 4 Miles @ EA 12:23 + Strides
Wednesday 1/3 - Gym/Bike
Thursday 1/4 - W5DBP 1 mi @ WU 13:09 // 2 mi @ T 9:35 w/3min RI 13:09 // 2 mi @ T 9:35 w/3min RI 13:09 // .5 mi @ CD 13:09
Friday 1/5 - Swim
Saturday 1/6 - W5DBP 4 Miles @ EB 11:34
Sunday 1/7 - W5DBP 6 Miles @ LR 11:11 BLIND!!!

Monday: I am a huge fan of fresh starts. Whether it's a new year, new month, new week... just gimme that fresh start feeling and I am good to go. And my new year started with a mild hangover, a morning walk with my husband to our car we left at the bar the night before, and a family nap. It was the first rest day I have had in 33 days of running straight, so I embraced it, even though I really wanted to just go get a HNY mile in! I have a resolution to embrace my rest days and give my body the necessary love it needs to heal and get stronger, this was the first step towards that.

Tuesday: The problem for me, with rest days, is that I lose motivation so incredibly quickly that I worry one day off will make me give up on my whole training plan. Good news: it didn't. Bad news: this wasn't my best run and I wasn't really feeling it. I struggled staying on pace, not sure why. But I got up and out and did it.
Plan: 4 Miles @ EA 12:23 + Strides
Actual: 4.02 Miles
Splits: 11:25, 12:10, 12:41, 11:05

Wednesday: My husband and I headed to the gym together early in the morning. I am going to miss when we won't be able to do this anymore, so I will appreciate it while I can. We did a little 20 minute spin class together and then he went to run and I did some strength training. Easy day.

Thursday: These days just get progressively harder and longer. The weather here is hard to keep track of, but I definitely dressed too warm for this run. I did it early in the morning on our Island path and used the moonlight to light my path. That was pretty sweet. The intervals were longer than I am used to and so they were harder to maintain. I did pretty well and was happy when this run was over. I feel like the rest of my Thursdays on this plan will feel like this.
Plan: 1 mi @ WU 13:09 // 2 mi @ T 9:35 w/3min RI 13:09 // 2 mi @ T 9:35 w/3min RI 13:09 // .5 mi @ CD 13:09
Actual: 1 mi @ 12:09 // 2 mi @ 9:29 w/3 min @ 12:39 // 2 mi @ 9:32 w/3 min @ 12:33 // .5 mi @ 13:03

Friday: Hello first swim of the year!!!! It's been months since I had swam and it felt so good to be back. My body was unreasonably sore and the first couple hundred yards felt REALLY hard. By the end I was feeling good though. After my pool sesh, some ladies from work were meeting at the aquatic center I was swimming at to walk to work together, so I joined them. It was about 1.75 miles to work -- uphill. My legs were toast the rest of the day.
Distance: .8 miles

Saturday: While all of you were layering up in Florida for your races, I was sporting a tank top and sweating like crazy here in AZ. Sorry about it! Haha. It was a gorgeous day out and after my run I had the promise of margaritas and mexican food awaiting me, so I just enjoyed my miles and my mini taper for my races this weekend!
Plan: 4 Miles @ EB 11:34
Actual: 4.03 @ 11:22
Splits: 11:12, 11:23, 11:26, 11:08 (a little too fast all around)

Sunday: My first blind run of my training and I wasn't sure how it would go. I really like watching my pace during my runs, it helps me focus on something, so I felt like this would make my run dreadfully boring. I put on a podcast, ensured all my devices didn't have my pace showing (in case I just *had* to look), and went on my way. It was another beautiful day. I finally got some compression socks, so I was trying those out. I wore shorts and a long sleeve tech shirt, which I regretted. I tried really hard to feel my pace but in the end, I was going way faster than I should have been. The plus side, I guess, is that the pace was comfortable and felt easy. Better luck next blind.
Plan: 6 Miles @ LR 11:11 BLIND!!!
Actual: 6.12 Miles @ 10:48
Splits: 10:49, 10:48, 10:55, 10:37, 10:44, 11:08

I have my first two races of the year this coming weekend, and while they are just incorporated into my training plan, I am still really excited for them. I have heard great things about the Rock N Roll events and I get to hang out with some family I haven't seen in FOR-EV-ERRRR. It should be a fun weekend. Just gotta get through the week first.

Upcoming Training:
Monday 1/8 - REST DAY!!!!!
Tuesday 1/9 - W6DBP 5 Miles @ EA 12:23 + Strides
Wednesday 1/10 - Gym
Thursday 1/11 - W6DBP 1 mi @ WU 13:09 // 3 mi @ Tempo 10:01 // 1 mi @ CD 13:09
Friday 1/12 - Swim
Saturday 1/13 - W6DBP Rock N Roll 5k + 4 additional miles @ EB 11:34
Sunday 1/14 - W6DBP Rock N Roll HM @ LR 11:11

While, yes, I am trying to lose some weight (I mean who isn't, usually), I am really focusing more on monitoring my eating habits and changing them to be healthier. Not a diet, but a lifestyle change. That being said, I am a true believer in "all things in moderation, including moderation." My favorite food group is carbs. I have an extensive beer and wine cellar that I am not to going to stop drinking from. But I can monitor when and where and how much. So during the week I make my meals and focus on more fruits and veggies and I save my drinking for the weekend.

Last night, I had an event to go to, but I was starving after work so I made myself some leftover tacos before I headed out. I get to the event and there is FREE pizza, mac n cheese, and beer. Welllllll, I am proud to say that I said no to the beer and drank the water I brought with me, but I did have a piece of pizza and some mac n cheese. I am proud I didn't have a beer, even though I realllllly wanted some.

Trying to catch up after last weekend. Some solid training. Have fun and happy running this weekend. Excited to see how the new plan helps with those races.

Race Re-cap: January 13-14, 2018, Rock N Roll Arizona Weekend

Friday - Expo
Since this was my first non-Disney (and non-local) race, I really didn’t know what to expect. Or rather, I expected it to be like Disney, but it wasn’t. I was signed up for two races for the weekend, but I had to go to two different tables to get my bibs and at both tables I got a swag bag full with the same exact items. And when I got my first bib, the girl asked me if I was also running Sunday, which I was, so she handed me my wrist band to get my “Remix Challenge” medal after the race. Without proof, just my word. My husband made a point that you would then have to actually run the race Sunday in order to get the third medal, which made sense from my previous Disney race knowledge. However, they didn’t give you the third medal immediately following the race, you have to get it out a tent that was outside of the race exit. And it was just a plain black paper wristband. I’m not saying people aren’t dishonest but come on, RNR. Luckily, because my cousin’s work was sponsoring the event, I was able to get a VIP pass with her company. (This might have been why I enjoyed the weekend so much, but more on that later). The expo didn’t have a ton of booths that I wanted to visit, but I had my short list and got everything I wanted, which was ProCompression Arizona Socks and the Brooks Launch 5 RNR Series Tie Dyed shoes (even though my husband was like “I JUST bought you new shoes for Christmas!!” Sorry, honey…). Then we were finally out of there carrying like 8 bags because RNR doesn’t understand consolidation.
402B70A5-1827-486F-A2B6-B3EFCC4E7A37.JPG

Saturday - 5k
Lemme tell you how nice it is to not have to get out of bed at 3:30 in the morning for a race, omg. But let me also tell you that I had to run 4 miles before the race started because I am running this race during my @DopeyBadger training plan for my A Goal Half Marathon next month that I probably won’t even PR on. (But that is another post story, for sure.) So I still had to wake up early and go run in the dark in a big city that I am not familiar with, but it was fine and I didn’t die. Whew. And I felt really warmed up for my 5k in a few hours. The VIP section was amazing and makes me want to upgrade to VIP for every race. We had a special tent with an all day buffet, gear check, medal engraving, bathrooms, tables, games, and FREE BEER. (Fine, it was Michelob Ultra but whatever, it was free.) It definitely made the race a little more enjoyable. We got to VIP around 6:45 to take advantage of it and get some breakfast in us before the race at 8. My husband and I were both running the 5k in corral 2, so we headed off for the corrals, which were set up in some weird way that I just wasn’t used to. We walked up the side of where corral 2 was labeled but we couldn’t get in because it was so backed up with people. We didn’t actually start until corral 3 was let go because we squeezed in, but I didn’t care, I just wanted to start. The race was around the Tempe Beach Park, which I haven’t been to before, but it was gorgeous. I was supposed to be running at an 11:34 (+/- 10 second) so my husband took off without me (I think we was happy to finally run a race faster than me, haha). I didn’t realize how hard it would be to run slow during a race though. Maybe it’s the fun or the adrenaline, but I had to tell myself to slow down a lot. The course was gorgeous, the weather was fantastic, if this race wasn’t during WDW next year, I would totally do it again. But priorities… My daughter also ran a kids 1/2 mile, which she was so excited about. Afterwards she did tell us that "when you couldn't see me I walked a tiiiiny bit", but I told her that was fine!
IMG_2443.jpg ECEA8169-45EB-4AE7-914E-7F4F17C8618B.JPG 5969844E-CFC5-424B-9DB5-D1D3DA05D96A.JPG IMG_2510.JPG

Sunday - Half Marathon
Another wonderful morning with a delicious free buffet VIP breakfast before the race. This time it was a local bar and the breakfast was amazing. After I ate some food, I headed towards the corrals but met up with some ProCompression ambassadors first. A few of them I had been admiring via the internet since 2014, so it was fun to finally meet them. Then I found my corral and realized that RNR just doesn’t know how to do corrals correctly. There was no separation between any of them. I could have (and should have) just walked up to a closer corral because I had to pee so bad once my corral finally made it to the start. I was about the only person I saw in a race costume, but I didn’t care because I got tons of compliments and hugs. (I was a Cactus that said "FREE HUGS", because who would want to hug a cactus? Actual hug count: 12) Most of the course was out around the city, so it basically felt like running through Anaheim after you leave the Disneyland parks but without the high of actually going through the parks. The beginning few miles were pretty hard because of that, mentally, but I powered through. The support on the race course was pretty good. I actually saw a few groups of people multiple times, which was impressive. The course had lots of bands throughout and a perfect amount of water stations. Between miles 8-9 there was a huuuuge hill that brought you to a pretty view of the Phoenix valley, and after that you knew it was smooth sailing to the end. I was supposed to be holding an 11:11 pace per my training, but again that was pretty hard, because it was like amazing race conditions. It was almost too warm for my costume, to be honest, and I had a tank top underneath, but told myself to just keep it on because I looked so cute. Haha. I really think I could have ran even faster but I am proud with what I maintained. This was by far my best and most comfortable Half Marathon ever and I have @DopeyBadger to thank for that! :) I had brought my own Gu gel because I was told the stuff they hand out was gross and I wasn't about it chance it. And I tried some Run Gum finally and loved it! At mile 12.75 someone was handing out beer and that was like the last shot of goodness I needed and training speeds be damned I am getting to that finish line! I ran down, saw my family, gave the announcer a hug and ran on in. I feel like I always look like an idiot at the end of a race because I am usually smiling so hard, this race was no exception to that! Also, I totally PR'd. My training had be set up to be super close to PR-ing that I knew I was gonna but I PR'd more than I was expecting to. I shaved off 4 minutes from my previous time and I felt great! After the race, I got my medals and chocolate milk (which is all I really wanted), grab some food, a beer, and sat down to watch the band Everclear play for free. (You get what you pay for, they were terrible.) I got both of my medals engraved because it was free at the VIP tent, otherwise I wouldn't have done it. All in all, it was a great race weekend. I think they could learn a few things to make the expo and starts/ends run smoother, but it wouldn't deter me from signing up again. I am doing another RNR race in March at Carlsbad and I am considering throwing San Diego on the race calendar too.
B6FF2B98-0040-4563-B061-DB9A24606669.JPG 330E1C2C-FF31-409E-8AA7-ED14CAD27F50.JPG 17327153-6368-4EC1-9A3E-7FADAAA85935.JPG RacePhoto.PNGFFC4E244-1BBE-4566-A3CE-0A206B264054.JPG

Race Re-cap: January 13-14, 2018, Rock N Roll Arizona Weekend

Friday - Expo
Since this was my first non-Disney (and non-local) race, I really didn’t know what to expect. Or rather, I expected it to be like Disney, but it wasn’t. I was signed up for two races for the weekend, but I had to go to two different tables to get my bibs and at both tables I got a swag bag full with the same exact items. And when I got my first bib, the girl asked me if I was also running Sunday, which I was, so she handed me my wrist band to get my “Remix Challenge” medal after the race. Without proof, just my word. My husband made a point that you would then have to actually run the race Sunday in order to get the third medal, which made sense from my previous Disney race knowledge. However, they didn’t give you the third medal immediately following the race, you have to get it out a tent that was outside of the race exit. And it was just a plain black paper wristband. I’m not saying people aren’t dishonest but come on, RNR. Luckily, because my cousin’s work was sponsoring the event, I was able to get a VIP pass with her company. (This might have been why I enjoyed the weekend so much, but more on that later). The expo didn’t have a ton of booths that I wanted to visit, but I had my short list and got everything I wanted, which was ProCompression Arizona Socks and the Brooks Launch 5 RNR Series Tie Dyed shoes (even though my husband was like “I JUST bought you new shoes for Christmas!!” Sorry, honey…). Then we were finally out of there carrying like 8 bags because RNR doesn’t understand consolidation.
View attachment 295641

Saturday - 5k
Lemme tell you how nice it is to not have to get out of bed at 3:30 in the morning for a race, omg. But let me also tell you that I had to run 4 miles before the race started because I am running this race during my @DopeyBadger training plan for my A Goal Half Marathon next month that I probably won’t even PR on. (But that is another post story, for sure.) So I still had to wake up early and go run in the dark in a big city that I am not familiar with, but it was fine and I didn’t die. Whew. And I felt really warmed up for my 5k in a few hours. The VIP section was amazing and makes me want to upgrade to VIP for every race. We had a special tent with an all day buffet, gear check, medal engraving, bathrooms, tables, games, and FREE BEER. (Fine, it was Michelob Ultra but whatever, it was free.) It definitely made the race a little more enjoyable. We got to VIP around 6:45 to take advantage of it and get some breakfast in us before the race at 8. My husband and I were both running the 5k in corral 2, so we headed off for the corrals, which were set up in some weird way that I just wasn’t used to. We walked up the side of where corral 2 was labeled but we couldn’t get in because it was so backed up with people. We didn’t actually start until corral 3 was let go because we squeezed in, but I didn’t care, I just wanted to start. The race was around the Tempe Beach Park, which I haven’t been to before, but it was gorgeous. I was supposed to be running at an 11:34 (+/- 10 second) so my husband took off without me (I think we was happy to finally run a race faster than me, haha). I didn’t realize how hard it would be to run slow during a race though. Maybe it’s the fun or the adrenaline, but I had to tell myself to slow down a lot. The course was gorgeous, the weather was fantastic, if this race wasn’t during WDW next year, I would totally do it again. But priorities… My daughter also ran a kids 1/2 mile, which she was so excited about. Afterwards she did tell us that "when you couldn't see me I walked a tiiiiny bit", but I told her that was fine!
View attachment 295647 View attachment 295645 View attachment 295642 View attachment 295648

Sunday - Half Marathon
Another wonderful morning with a delicious free buffet VIP breakfast before the race. This time it was a local bar and the breakfast was amazing. After I ate some food, I headed towards the corrals but met up with some ProCompression ambassadors first. A few of them I had been admiring via the internet since 2014, so it was fun to finally meet them. Then I found my corral and realized that RNR just doesn’t know how to do corrals correctly. There was no separation between any of them. I could have (and should have) just walked up to a closer corral because I had to pee so bad once my corral finally made it to the start. I was about the only person I saw in a race costume, but I didn’t care because I got tons of compliments and hugs. (I was a Cactus that said "FREE HUGS", because who would want to hug a cactus? Actual hug count: 12) Most of the course was out around the city, so it basically felt like running through Anaheim after you leave the Disneyland parks but without the high of actually going through the parks. The beginning few miles were pretty hard because of that, mentally, but I powered through. The support on the race course was pretty good. I actually saw a few groups of people multiple times, which was impressive. The course had lots of bands throughout and a perfect amount of water stations. Between miles 8-9 there was a huuuuge hill that brought you to a pretty view of the Phoenix valley, and after that you knew it was smooth sailing to the end. I was supposed to be holding an 11:11 pace per my training, but again that was pretty hard, because it was like amazing race conditions. It was almost too warm for my costume, to be honest, and I had a tank top underneath, but told myself to just keep it on because I looked so cute. Haha. I really think I could have ran even faster but I am proud with what I maintained. This was by far my best and most comfortable Half Marathon ever and I have @DopeyBadger to thank for that! :) I had brought my own Gu gel because I was told the stuff they hand out was gross and I wasn't about it chance it. And I tried some Run Gum finally and loved it! At mile 12.75 someone was handing out beer and that was like the last shot of goodness I needed and training speeds be damned I am getting to that finish line! I ran down, saw my family, gave the announcer a hug and ran on in. I feel like I always look like an idiot at the end of a race because I am usually smiling so hard, this race was no exception to that! Also, I totally PR'd. My training had be set up to be super close to PR-ing that I knew I was gonna but I PR'd more than I was expecting to. I shaved off 4 minutes from my previous time and I felt great! After the race, I got my medals and chocolate milk (which is all I really wanted), grab some food, a beer, and sat down to watch the band Everclear play for free. (You get what you pay for, they were terrible.) I got both of my medals engraved because it was free at the VIP tent, otherwise I wouldn't have done it. All in all, it was a great race weekend. I think they could learn a few things to make the expo and starts/ends run smoother, but it wouldn't deter me from signing up again. I am doing another RNR race in March at Carlsbad and I am considering throwing San Diego on the race calendar too.
View attachment 295644 View attachment 295640 View attachment 295643 View attachment 295649View attachment 295646

Great recap! Sounds like it went really well and was a comfortable PR experience. You've got to love the comfortable PRs for sure! Interested to hear more on this "next post" about the "A" race.

First, I need those shoes! How do they compare to the 4s? (if you have Launch 4s, LOL)

Second, I absolutely love the outfit and congrats on your PR!!

DBP Week 6 Report 1/8 - 1/14
Planned:
Monday 1/8 - REST DAY!!!!!
Tuesday 1/9 - W6DBP 5 Miles @ EA 12:23 + Strides
Wednesday 1/10 - Gym
Thursday 1/11 - W6DBP 1 mi @ WU 13:09 // 3 mi @ Tempo 10:01 // 1 mi @ CD 13:09
Friday 1/12 - Swim
Saturday 1/13 - W6DBP Rock N Roll 5k + 4 additional miles @ EB 11:34
Sunday 1/14 - W6DBP Rock N Roll HM @ LR 11:11

Monday: Rest Day, how I love thee.

Tuesday: I am about at the half way point for my first DBP Training cycle, which means the workouts are gonna get longer and harder. But I trust the coach and I am feeling good so far. The only thing is, with this path that I go on, it's downhill until the halfway point then I turn around and have to head uphill, so it's more uphill now and it kind of sucks. But I need to be working on my hills because of my A Goal race......
Plan: 5 Miles @ EA 12:23 + Strides
Actual: 5.02 Miles @ 12:11
Splits: 12:11, 12:15, 12:10, 12:10, 10:31 (Strides)

Wednesday: I took an extra day off today to get some sleep and rest my body for my races this weekend. Sleeping in felt so amazing...

Thursday: Welcome Tempo Runs! I didn't know if I was ready for this yet. At first I felt really good, but towards the end it was harder to hold. I did it though. These are the workouts that will make me faster.
Plan: 1 mi @ WU 13:09 // 3 mi @ Tempo 10:01 // 1 mi @ CD 13:09
Actual: 1 mi @ 12:14 // 3 mi @ 9:50 // 1 mi @ 12:12

Friday: Just keep swimming... I am really glad I started getting back in the pool. Especially since I want to do a Triathlon in March. LOL. Nothing crazy today, just easy swims to get my body relaxed for the weekend.
Plan: 1600 yds - 100 SKPS, 200 F/B, 400 Swim, 200 Pull, 200 F/B, 200 CD

Saturday: Happy first race of 2018! RNRAZ 5k - Official time: 34:23
I wrote a race recap for my races this weekend, but I'll give my actual run details here. I had to break my run into two separate runs so I could get my mileage in. I didn't mind this though and I have to do it again next weekend, too.
Run #1 Plan: 4 Miles @ EB 11:34
Run #1 Actual: 4.03 @ 11:30
Run #1 Spilts: 11:25, 11:27, 11:32, 11:35

Race Plan: 5k @ EB 11:34
Race Actual: 3.17 @ 11:04
Race Splits: 11:13, 10:49, 10:54

Sunday:
Happy first Half Marathon of 2018! RNRAZ HM - Official time: 2:22:22 - PR!
Race Plan: 13.1 Miles @ LR 11:11
Race Actual: 13.22 @ 10:51
Race Splits: 11:03, 10:50, 10:57, 11:10, 10:47, 10:42, 11:18, 10:50, 11:05, 10:50, 10:40, 10:26, 10:26

Upcoming Training:
Monday 1/16 - REST DAY!!!!!
Tuesday 1/17 - W7DBP 5 Miles @ EA 12:23 + Strides
Wednesday 1/18 - Gym
Thursday 1/19 - W7DBP 1 mi @ WU 13:09 // 3 mi @ Tempo 10:01 // 1 mi @ CD 13:09
Friday 1/20 - Swim
Saturday 1/21 - W7DBP Balloon Fest 5k + 4 additional miles @ EB 11:34
Sunday 1/22 - W7DBP 8 Miles @ LR 11:11

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter