Every Mile is a Miracle

No, I have not! But I will definitely look into it, sounds awesome!

We are waiting to go to Universal since we still have the books to finish and the movies to watch and for our daughter to get a bit older. But it's definitely on our to-do list. I have seen the virtual races through Hogwarts Running Club (I think that's what they are called) but I haven't done them yet. I feel like I can't call myself a true fan until I finish the books. Haha. Then I will pick a house and geek out.

Completely understand. We had done the books and the movies before the trip but went with a family who hadn't experienced either and they could not understand our geek out and boy did we geek.
Yes it was through the Hogwarts Running Club. I don't usually do virtual races as I don't feel the bling is truly earned you are just buying a souvenir but I figured with all the training I was putting in for Dopey I was earning it and it was just too cool to pass up.

Yesterday life happened and I did make it out for my morning run. It was a rough day and I feel like if I went out I wouldn't have come back. So I broke my streak before it even begun! :( But yesterday I got my new Fitbit Charge 2 that my work subsidized for me and now I am a person who walks around with two watches on. Which motivated me to tell life to F off and stop bringing me down so I could get up and run this morning -- and I got my 2 miles in. ::yes::
I am still trying to work out a training plan, but I think I figured out a few of the races I want to do this year. The first big race being a half marathon in Vegas on my birthday weekend in February, followed by an Aquabike in Vegas and the All Day 20k in Carlsbad, CA, both in March. Which means I see swimming in my future! Yay!

IMG_1513.JPG

Vegas races sound awesome. I praise all those who can swim too. I can probably finish close to a marathon faster than 500 yards in the pool and I am by no means a fast runner.

But HOW did you choose? I just don't understand. Which is why I think I need to finish the books and maybe it will click.

The official harry potter website and pottermore.com sorted me that way. Literally every online quiz I take has me as hufflepuff and then the ones that break out percentages I've got a pretty hefty percent ravenclaw. So I'm part badger, part eagle. It makes sense.

Definitions from the web:
Hufflepuff is the most inclusive among the four houses; valuing hardwork, dedication, patience, loyalty, and fair play rather than a particular aptitude in its students.
Ravenclaw: The house is known for their wisdom, intelligence, creativity, cleverness and knowledge.

Yup and yup. Also the hufflepuff house is closest to the kitchens.

Here ya go: https://www.pottermore.com/writing-by-jk-rowling/the-sorting-hat

I did something this morning that I really didn't want to.... I stepped on my scale. It's been a while and the results were as expected because fall and holidays. But at least now I know, right? I also know that I don't live by the number on my scale but I know when I am feeling heavy and unhealthy and I don't want to be there again so I monitor it. My goal for December is to not gain another 10 pounds. My second goal for December is to continue my run streak until the new year. Today was day 2 so my streak is officially streaking. And my final goal is to run 50 miles in December. #goals
Thanks to @LSUlakes asking everyone to post their monthly mileage, I realized that this month I clocked in at 45.7 which is the most miles I have ever ran in a month since I started running 5 years ago! Hello PR! Which is why I am going to try to end the year strong and break that PR. Here's to hoping I can stick with it! We have a few weekends away from home and those are always the hardest for me to run during.
This morning I just did a quick little one miler to get my mile in but with intention of going to the gym tonight.

The official harry potter website and pottermore.com sorted me that way. Literally every online quiz I take has me as hufflepuff and then the ones that break out percentages I've got a pretty hefty percent ravenclaw. So I'm part badger, part eagle. It makes sense.

Definitions from the web:
Hufflepuff is the most inclusive among the four houses; valuing hardwork, dedication, patience, loyalty, and fair play rather than a particular aptitude in its students.
Ravenclaw: The house is known for their wisdom, intelligence, creativity, cleverness and knowledge.

Yup and yup. Also the hufflepuff house is closest to the kitchens.

Here ya go: https://www.pottermore.com/writing-by-jk-rowling/the-sorting-hat
I also got Hufflepuff! But I so desperately want to be in Gryffindor. Haha.

Because I like to nerd out about HP.

This quiz is the percentage one I was thinking of. I just re-took it and I'm 44% Hufflepuff but somehow 21% Gyrffindor and 20% Ravenclaw (we'll ignore the tiny bit of Slytherin)
So maybe running has upped my "being brave" game???????

https://www.buzzfeed.com/eleanorbate/accurate-af-sorting-quiz?utm_term=.bxEVwy1Kyw#.xcPbKV7zVK
Ohhh I like this one more!

You Are 36% Gryffindor, 34% Hufflepuff, 20% Ravenclaw, and 10% Slytherin!You have all the loyalty of a Hufflepuff, but your affinity for Gryffindor ensures that that loyalty is fierce: You would do almost anything for your loved ones, even if it has a negative effect on you personally. This means that your friends and family members often come to you when in need, but it’s also important to remember to spend time taking care of yourself. You wear your heart on your sleeve, and impulsively act on your emotions without fear of the consequences.

Your slight compatibility with Ravenclaw house hints at an appreciation for knowledge and wisdom, though they are not priorities for you.

Ohhh I like this one more!

You Are 36% Gryffindor, 34% Hufflepuff, 20% Ravenclaw, and 10% Slytherin!You have all the loyalty of a Hufflepuff, but your affinity for Gryffindor ensures that that loyalty is fierce: You would do almost anything for your loved ones, even if it has a negative effect on you personally. This means that your friends and family members often come to you when in need, but it’s also important to remember to spend time taking care of yourself. You wear your heart on your sleeve, and impulsively act on your emotions without fear of the consequences.

Your slight compatibility with Ravenclaw house hints at an appreciation for knowledge and wisdom, though they are not priorities for you.

Sweet! If you want me to get you any snacks from the house elves just let me know.

Although I feel you on the scale thing. I'm slowly working my way back down right now and the holidays don't help. Just trying to be smart about it!

I did something this morning that I really didn't want to.... I stepped on my scale. It's been a while and the results were as expected because fall and holidays. But at least now I know, right? I also know that I don't live by the number on my scale but I know when I am feeling heavy and unhealthy and I don't want to be there again so I monitor it. My goal for December is to not gain another 10 pounds. My second goal for December is to continue my run streak until the new year. Today was day 2 so my streak is officially streaking. And my final goal is to run 50 miles in December. #goals
Thanks to @LSUlakes asking everyone to post their monthly mileage, I realized that this month I clocked in at 45.7 which is the most miles I have ever ran in a month since I started running 5 years ago! Hello PR! Which is why I am going to try to end the year strong and break that PR. Here's to hoping I can stick with it! We have a few weekends away from home and those are always the hardest for me to run during.
This morning I just did a quick little one miler to get my mile in but with intention of going to the gym tonight.

Take it one day at a time and you will reach your goals! Best of luck!!

giphy (8).gif

It's the most wonderful time of the yearrrrr! I am currently riding the high of November being my highest mileage ever straight on into this glorious holiday filled month.
December goals:
- Run streak: run at least 1 mile every day
- Total Mileage: 50 miles
- Don't gain 10 lbs
- Get bike fixed!!!

Last night, I did in fact get myself to the gym after I put Bay down for bed. I did a 20 minute spin routine and then ran a fast mile. I ended November strong and I am proud of that. This morning I woke up and ran two hilly miles to start off the month. My office started a Fitbit challenge today for the month of December which is giving me something fun and competitive to motivate me. :)

We are headed up to Flagstaff, AZ tomorrow morning with some friends so we can take our kids to the North Pole to see Santa.
giphy (11).gif
I am excited for a little get away and also to run up in Flagstaff. There won't be any snow yet though. :(

Also, it looks as though I will be running the Rock N Roll Arizona 5k and Half Marathon in January! My cousin posted on Facebook last night that her company has free entries for family members of the employees so how can I say no to that!? I signed our daughter up for the 1/2 mile, my husband and I up for the 5k (which I plan on helping him PR) and then I couldn't decide between the 10k or the Half, but I heard the course was flat and I know when I do the RNR Las Vegas I am only doing the 5k & 10k, so Half it is! Why not?!

Here's to the end of the week! :drinking1
giphy-downsized (5).gif

Last edited:
And that is the end of my long-winded introduction. If you read this far, maybe you should pick up a hobby. Running is kind of fun.
23231183_10156789006761040_2212744443328378160_n-jpg.283849
This is an amazing photo!!!

I am excited to follow your journey

But HOW did you choose?
I am Slytherin, and although I would have KNOWN that was true, just from reading the books (so I don't really feel that I chose, per se) I also took all. the. quizzes and am definitely Slytherin.

I am Slytherin, and although I would have KNOWN that was true, just from reading the books (so I don't really feel that I chose, per se) I also took all. the. quizzes and am definitely Slytherin.
Whoa. I told my husband when we first started reading HP "How could anyone ~want~ to be a Slytherin?!" I immediate resonated with Harry and hated Voldemort and was like nope. I can't. But I love that you just knew and you were right about yourself. Hahaha.

I immediate resonated with Harry and hated Voldemort and was like nope
And I totally get that perspective. To me though, Slytherin is about an inanate competititiveness, and willing to do (almost) anything to accomplish their very lofty goals. I don't want to be Voldemort, I'm not evil, and in fact I am quite kind, but I am ambitious and uncompromising ;)

A) It's been colder most mornings, so I just assumed.
B) It was a new jacket and I wanted to try it out, haha.
C) It wasn't so bad during the first mile, but that second mile was toasty.

My husband and I are listening to them together for the first time ever. (I am kicking myself for not reading them when they came out.) My 5 year old will be in the car with us when we do sometimes, and she was not a fan of listening to the "unicorn part" haha. It's such an amazing story and I can't wait until mine is old enough to read the books.
I started reading them because when I heard the John Williams music for the very first movie, I knew I wanted to read the story that gave him the idea for that music. When Order of the Phoenix was released, me and a bunch of friends went to the university bookstore for their release party in costume and they let us do a magic trick that unveiled the book in an empty box at midnight. This also meant that they let us hold the book before midnight since they had to give it to us, but we had to promise not to read it. We kept our promise, but all held the book hours before its release. I also remember signing some kids cast as Dumbledore at the opening night for Chamber of Secrets since we were all in Harry Potter costumes.

We are also Harry Potter fans. I even did some of the virtual runs to get the medals, had to have the 9 3/4 one. I highly recommend vacations to Universal, my kids loved it (although are a bit older) more than Disney. The attention to detail is awesome and the wands that actual make spells work in the park although so expensive were totally worth it. Now if they could just do an actually run through potter world, right?
Wizarding World is truly impressive. I can only hope that Star Wars Galaxy's Edge is comparably detailed. It better be. I do think Universal needs more for the little ones to do.

Completely understand. We had done the books and the movies before the trip but went with a family who hadn't experienced either and they could not understand our geek out and boy did we geek.
Yes it was through the Hogwarts Running Club. I don't usually do virtual races as I don't feel the bling is truly earned you are just buying a souvenir but I figured with all the training I was putting in for Dopey I was earning it and it was just too cool to pass up.
I remember a member of the Hogwarts Running Club with a sign during the Dark Side Half that said "No, I am not in the wrong theme park."

Because I like to nerd out about HP.

This quiz is the percentage one I was thinking of. I just re-took it and I'm 44% Hufflepuff but somehow 21% Gyrffindor and 20% Ravenclaw (we'll ignore the tiny bit of Slytherin)
So maybe running has upped my "being brave" game???????

https://www.buzzfeed.com/eleanorbate/accurate-af-sorting-quiz?utm_term=.bxEVwy1Kyw#.xcPbKV7zVK
So I took that quiz and got 32% Ravenclaw, 29% Gryffindor, 22% Hufflepuff, and 17% Slytherin. I feel like I would belong in Gryffindor.

Take it one day at a time and you will reach your goals! Best of luck!!
This is so true. Plus, the consistent effort to achieve those goals will bring benefits in other ways.

And I totally get that perspective. To me though, Slytherin is about an inanate competititiveness, and willing to do (almost) anything to accomplish their very lofty goals. I don't want to be Voldemort, I'm not evil, and in fact I am quite kind, but I am ambitious and uncompromising ;)
Spoiler alert if you have not yet finished the books.

"Albus Severus Potter. You were named after two Headmasters of Hogwarts and one of them was the bravest man I ever knew and he was a Slytherin."

When I visited Wizarding World this past April, I wore this Star Wars/Harry Potter mashup shirt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts