Everthing you wanted to know about Uber/Lyft at WDW

cruise line update: there are plenty of drivers available at the cruise line terminal since brevard has drivers and they all know when those ships get in. However, the rate in brevard is more expensive so a ride back will cost much more than a ride going there.

Is it true you can't use über from the airport? I tried once and I think it ave me a message saying it couldn't pick me up at MCO

Is it true you can't use über from the airport? I tried once and I think it ave me a message saying it couldn't pick me up at MCO

That's true in Orlando, and several other major cities. Uber can't pick you up on airport grounds, but you can take a free hotel shuttle off property and get picked up there. Uber can drop you off at the airport, though.

I am understanding that uber is a taxi service but how to avail it ? is there a number to call ? can I reserve in advance for a date and time ?

That's true in Orlando, and several other major cities. Uber can't pick you up on airport grounds, but you can take a free hotel shuttle off property and get picked up there. Uber can drop you off at the airport, though.
Thanks! Never thought of taking free shuttle to different hotel

I am understanding that uber is a taxi service but how to avail it ? is there a number to call ? can I reserve in advance for a date and time ?

You have to download the app and set up an account. Once that's all set, your Uber request will be placed directly through the app.

How lax are Uber drivers on 5-10 minute grocery stops; if I'm being picked up somewhere near MCO and traveling to WDW?

Thank you very much.
I appreciate your letting me know about the cars at the Port ready to bring back to MCO but wondering about getting a car at a Disney Hotel (GFVs) and taking me to the Port. Wondering if I will be waiting a very long time for someone to want that long trip and then no ride back?

You have to download the app and set up an account. Once that's all set, your Uber request will be placed directly through the app.

What happens when you don't have a smart phone and are unable to download anything? Can you still pay cash or credit card?

What happens when you don't have a smart phone and are unable to download anything? Can you still pay cash or credit card?

@RideShareRob would probably know the answer better than me, but it's my understanding that Uber works everything through the app. The drivers don't have credit card swipers and aren't supposed to take cash. I don't even know how you'd request a ride without the app. If you don't have a smart phone, I don't think Uber is an option.

@RideShareRob would probably know the answer better than me, but it's my understanding that Uber works everything through the app. The drivers don't have credit card swipers and aren't supposed to take cash. I don't even know how you'd request a ride without the app. If you don't have a smart phone, I don't think Uber is an option.

Thats completely correct

Thank you very much.
I appreciate your letting me know about the cars at the Port ready to bring back to MCO but wondering about getting a car at a Disney Hotel (GFVs) and taking me to the Port. Wondering if I will be waiting a very long time for someone to want that long trip and then no ride back?

Ive done the math out, and those long trips always work out. The majority of people are going to say yes

We'll be staying at POR and would like to use Uber to transfer to Universal's Royal Pacific (2 adults, 1 child & baggage) Then 3 days later from Royal Pacific to MCO. So if I understand correctly we could use Uber after checkout right from our building at POR to lobby at Royal Pacific?

Why? Some sort of airport security thing?

Why? Some sort of airport security thing?

nothing to do with airport security.
city has an ordinance that ruled no uber vehicles on picking up fares.
situation was taxi drivers/company complained due to loss of fares.

if you google, you'll find the complete background to how uber was denied to do pick ups at mco.
there is no ordinance against drop offs there, just pick ups.

So if I understand correctly we could use Uber after checkout right from our building at POR

Didn't want this to get lost, because that's a very specific question. Can Uber pick up at the building where the person's hotel room is, or does Uber only pick up at the main building?

Great thread! I know nothing about Uber and was hesitant to use it because of that. I do have a couple of questions.

1. Are we required to tip? I saw that Uber drivers aren't supposed to take cash, but if they can't, how would we tip?

2. I assume that Uber drivers do late night pick ups, correct? We are looking to watch some Thursday night football at ESPN at the Boardwalk and would need to get back to CBR after buses have stopped running. Would we be picked up outside the Boardwalk lobby, like the other taxis?

How early would Uber be available on weekdays? Say I was staying at BC and wanted to get to Poly for a breakfast ADR at 8AM?

Great thread! I know nothing about Uber and was hesitant to use it because of that. I do have a couple of questions.

1. Are we required to tip? I saw that Uber drivers aren't supposed to take cash, but if they can't, how would we tip?

2. I assume that Uber drivers do late night pick ups, correct? We are looking to watch some Thursday night football at ESPN at the Boardwalk and would need to get back to CBR after buses have stopped running. Would we be picked up outside the Boardwalk lobby, like the other taxis?
You can have an Uber pick you up at Boardwalk. I would request the car as you pay your bill at ESPN.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter