Ever Thought About Working For Disney Selling Dvc?

No. I've learned in the past that when I work for things that I normally loved (as a customer), I end up disliking those things. (The politics of the job make me dislike the items.)

Oh, how I wish:goodvibes ...

have a PA RE license, would luv to give it a whirl.

Have spoken to many different guides in the parks. I've been told that the star performers are rewarded with the DCL assignments:thumbsup2 , several times/year & lots of other goodies. Haven't been able to ascertain what the commission/salary structure is though...best kept secret.;)

Would think that selling a TS is a different approach than a residence. While you don't have to make cold calls since you have a steady stream of potential customers strolling past the kiosks, it still doesn't exactly sell itself. Lots of explaining & hand-holding I'd think.

Last trip we spoke to a few younger guides (as in my older kids ages lol), who indicated that they were Imagineers but, switched over:confused3 . When pressed why they responsed that the hours & earnings capacity were more attractive.

I would love to captain the resort boats.

"Buy where you want to stay" NOT going over well in the sales dept? That's exactly what our guide told us. Of course, he did push SSR (great incentive!) at first but in the end, he conceded we were doing the right thing by buying where we'd want to stay (sorry SSR'ers!)

I'd LOVE to sell DVC! We got a new nurse in our building (I'm a teacher) and lo and behold, she's a member; the first I've ever met AND we're trying to talk another teacher in the building into buying in. I told the other teacher "We'll sit down and talk sometime....I have lots to share with you...."

Denice T.
Olathe, KS

jpeka65844 said:
"Buy where you want to stay" NOT going over well in the sales dept? That's exactly what our guide told us. Of course, he did push SSR (great incentive!) at first but in the end, he conceded we were doing the right thing by buying where we'd want to stay (sorry SSR'ers!)

I'd LOVE to sell DVC! We got a new nurse in our building (I'm a teacher) and lo and behold, she's a member; the first I've ever met AND we're trying to talk another teacher in the building into buying in. I told the other teacher "We'll sit down and talk sometime....I have lots to share with you...."

Denice T.
Olathe, KS

I know this is a little off the topic, but I have to ask about the buy where you want to stay. We were all set to buy and now that AKV was announced, are thinking of waiting because we know we would want to stay there most often. Love the animals. Anyway, we are trying to determine how important the "home" is. Most feedback has been that people haven't had a problem at the 7 month window if they call day by day right a the 7 month window open. I would love your comments. Feel free to PM me.

More on the topic.....I am glad to hear that other people dream of retiring and selling DVC or working at DW. That's my goal!!!! =)

I would love to work for DVC, maybe at a kiosk. My best job, though, would be the lady who stands at the entrance to new DVC buildings, and says "Welcome Home". :teeth: I could do that as a retiree, with no problem! I have looked around my hometown, but it seems there isn't much of a market for people who say,"Welcome Home" in this area, so how could I do this job as a snowbird? No chance of transferring offices, I guess... :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter