Ever Thought About Working For Disney Selling Dvc?

Ed T

DVC Member/OKW 1993
Now That You Have Been A Member Of Dvc, Have Used The System Making Reservations, Banking, Borrowing, Etc Would You Ever Want To Sell Dvc To New Members? Have You Thought About Retiring To Disney Just To Sell Dvc? How Much Do You Think You Could Make From Selling Dvc? When Do You Think The Dvc Conception Will End And When Will They Stop Building New Properties And Opening New Dvc Locations.

To answer the first question. Yup!

-Tony

Interesting question, but no I don't think I'd want to sell DVC.

First of all, I'd feel compelled to provide advice to prospective buyers that would probably work against me making the sales all the time. :rolleyes:

Secondly, I'd probably get blasted here on the DIS for some slip of the tongue or erroneous statement....much worse to do as a Guide than my usual slip ups here on the DIS. :rolleyes1

However, it would be nice to get that CM discount!

I think the DVC concept will be around for a while, though there might be a slowdown in new resorts at some point, especially as they near the time when they have to decide what to do with the DVC I resorts that expire in 2042.

It might be fun to sell DVC to others and offer them the same opportunity we have had, but It will never happen , because, while I enjoy vacationing in Florida at the times I choose, I would NOT want to live there year round! ;)

I live in florida and have given a lot of thought to working at disney. I would rather work in the parks then sell dvc points.

My DH and I have often thought about it (we both were realtors for years), but only if we could do it as "snowbirds"! :rotfl2: (Couldn't take so many months of hot weather. :sad2: )

1) Tough to do.
2) DVC salespeople DO NOT want to give up their jobs.
3) This is a true sales job, and some make over $200,000/yr

If I could live here and work from home like my guide does, and go down a few times a year I'd LOVE it. It would be nice to make my living doing talking about something that I already love.

Well, I already have the ultimate "retirement job" for me. :teeth:

But yes, I'd enjoy selling DVC. I think it's a great company and great product, and their sales approach is one I'm comfortable with.

Wouldn't want to move to Orlando, though... :sad2:

2) DVC salespeople DO NOT want to give up their jobs.[/QUOTE said:
Last week i was skimming the classifieds online at orlando sentinel and saw two posted positions for DVC sales reps. looked really tempting but i do not have a real estate license :)

TheRustyScupper said:
1) Tough to do.
2) DVC salespeople DO NOT want to give up their jobs.
3) This is a true sales job, and some make over $200,000/yr

Sorry Scupper, can't agree with any of these.

1) Tough to do?????? Doesn't sound to tough to me to sell the highest rated vacation timeshare program in beautiful WDW. The program sells itself.

2) Not true. Guides leave all the time. There is much more turnover than you'd think. Over 12 years of ownership I'm on my 3rd guide.

3) Sales??? Not IMO. Sales, to me, means actively seeking buyers, hitting the streets and cold calling. DVC has people coming to them already interested in the product. DVC guides are what I'd call representatives not salesman. $200,000???? I don't think so, more like $75,000.

Becoming a DVC guide takes quite a few qualifications. I think you need a 4 year degree, real estate license, real estate experience and they would like you to be bilingual. There is more but that is what I remember.

Right now Disney jobs has a posting for DVC guide (6) openings. We are moving to Celebration in June and I have thought about doing it, or, if I just wanted to work part-time, working one of the kiosks. Loving DVC as I do, it would be very easy to talk to people about how great it is.

Jan

Ed T said:
Have You Thought About Retiring To Disney Just To Sell Dvc?

Nope! I couldn't sell bottled water in the Sahara. Now, piloting one of the Friendship boats, there's a retirement job for me. :boat:

So, if someone is considering that job, what do you think are the personal traits that make a guide wonderful to work with?

Ed T said:
Now That You Have Been A Member Of Dvc......Would You Ever Want To Sell Dvc To New Members? Have You Thought About Retiring To Disney Just To Sell Dvc?

No. Selling is not in my blood. I'd lose too many sales by telling people they should look at the resale market. "Buy where you want to stay" may not go over real well in the sales department.

HBC

Happy Birthday Cat said:
No. Selling is not in my blood. I'd lose too many sales by telling people they should look at the resale market. "Buy where you want to stay" may not go over real well in the sales department.

HBC

HBC, don't worry, they'll put you through "brainwashing"
class first before you make your first sale. No problemo. :thumbsup2

I agree with both DVC Grammy and Fitswimmer.........I would just love to sell DVC as a snowbird.....I could not tolerate summers in central Florida.....they're bad enough here in NE PA!! And if I could sell DVC from my home ......I'd be in Seventh Heaven!!!!! I did direct sales from home for over 11 years when my children were little and did very well......granted it wasn't real estate sales, but, I firmly believe if YOU believe in the product you're selling and enjoy that product yourself........the product sells itself......it worked for me!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter