we visited all the Disney Parks last year, we enjoyed all the evening
entertainment at Disney, is their any parades or shows in the evening
at the Universal Parks.

Also some simulator rides at disney (starwars) gave my
DW slight motion sickness, but she wants to go on Spiderman
is this a differant ride. Also what are the others like, as there seems
quite a few sim rides.

Hi Woody,

The evening events seem to be more centered around Citywalk than the Universal Parks and they hold a lot of 'live' entertainment - bands and the like. The atmosphere can be quite good, depending what's on.

DH also has problems with simulator rides and the only rides he has a problem with are Back to the Future and Hanna Barbera in US and Spiderman in IoA. Although he says Spiderman isn't as bad.

They're worth a try as they all affect people differently.

Hope that helps.

Hi to you just on the other side of town :)
You may just miss Mardi Gras which is about the only evening entertainment Universal Studios has now.
As Sue says, Citywalk is where it all happens in the evenings.
I cannot cope with simulators but Spiderman is fabulous and as it does move along the tracks isn't the same as the other sims. Did you go on Dinosaur in AK? It is similar technology.
I stay clear of Back To The Future and Hannah Barbera.

Hi woody4! What dates will you be there? Mardi Gras is on until the 6th April. Check out this link for Park Hours for April.

Other evening event are 4th July Fireworks, Rock the Universe (Christian music festival) in September and Halloween Horror Nights.

When we were there last July, there were fireworks at Islands of Adventure, but they don't seem to be a regular thing. What I would say is that we really enjoyed the atmosphere there in the evening and all the rides were much quieter.

Spiderman is different to other simulators (except Dinosaur as Shirley has pointed out) in that it moves along a track - it doesn't just throw you about whilst fixed to one point. It is fluid, and not too jerky. It is quite a full-on assault on the senses when you first ride, but if you miss it you'll be missing one of the best rides in Orlando IMHO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter