ER question... what is wrong with Dr. Carter?

r3ngels

<font color=darkorchid>I am a bit odd! But in a cu
Hi Guys... I know we used to have an ER thread but I don't know what happened to it... but I watched tonights epi

I am thrilled to see Dr. Carter back but what is wrong with him... I know they didn't give us an details but what is the machine he was hooked up too... the IV went in his arm... could it be dialysis (sp?)

What do you guys think :confused3 I love John Carter... :lovestruc My heart skips a beat even after all these years.

Hi,

He was on a dialysis machine. Kidney failure.

That explains why he looked so ill.

OMG!!!!

I haven't really watched in a long time but I knew he was going to be on tonight. I think its pretty bad. It might be Cancer and he's getting Chemo or something else that is bad. I can't wait for next week.

I got a little misty seeing him at the end, it was sad.

I can't wait to see everyone come back, its the right way to end such a great show!

He looked so sad and alone... I wonder why Kim wasn't there with him. He said she was good but in Paris visiting her mom... you would think she would have come.

having the end near is so bitter sweet I am dying to see everyone return but it makes me sad that it is over.

Its a kidney machine. I thought cancer too but I called my doctor (also a good freind) and demanded she tell me what was going on. I bet he dies and everyone else comes back for the funeral

Its a kidney machine. I thought cancer too but I called my doctor (also a good freind) and demanded she tell me what was going on. I bet he dies and everyone else comes back for the funeral

Maybe Doug and Carol will come back for the funeral......and Mark will be there to help Carter "home". Just a thought.

Hi,

He was on a dialysis machine. Kidney failure.

That explains why he looked so ill.

this was part of a press release late last year:

The group of returning cast members keeps on growing: Eriq LaSalle (Peter Benton) will meet up with Wyle's John Carter for an episode that will air in the Spring: "As a result of [Carter’s] once near-fatal stabbing, which led to my subsequent drug addiction, I come back from Africa requiring additional medical treatment for my one remaining kidney. I’m embarrassed to get treatment at County General, so I go up to Northwestern to get my dialysis up there, and that’s where Dr. Benton spies my name on a patient list and comes to pay me a visit," Wyle told TV Guide. LaSalle is also directing an episode of the series.

Wow, this season has been incredible. I just love how they are ending it. I couldn't tell if Carter was on dialysis or chemo. I knew the answer would be here.

I LOVE that Jerry is back from Alaska. :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

I also think that Angela Bassett has done a great job with her character. Carter's "ah grasshopper" :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

I do believe that ER is going to leave us with much grace! Thursday nights sure are going to be naked next season.

Maybe Doug and Carol will come back for the funeral......and Mark will be there to help Carter "home". Just a thought.
Wasn't it reported that Doug and Carol are coming back for a guest appearance? That would be a good way to tie them into the story.
Wow, this season has been incredible. I just love how they are ending it. I couldn't tell if Carter was on dialysis or chemo. I knew the answer would be here.
See, I am not really liking this season at all. I'm ecstatic that Carter is back though. He is my hands down favorite character from the whole series. And I love that he will be on for more than a few minutes(5 episodes I heard). I really don't like the hit and run guest spots with the "old gang".

Isn't it a little poetic that they had him come back on Valentine's day. The same time that he was stabbed and the reason he lost his kidney. This show is such a tearjerker every week.. Im sad that this is the last season, but I don't know if I can handle Carter's death on top of it...:sad1:

We are really enjoying ER this season. I loved the tie in with Mark and Dr. Banfield. Great episode.
We recorded last nights ER to watch tonight.

I have read that George Clooney would return as Doug. I have not heard about Carol, but I hope so. I was hoping Sherry Stringfield would return as Susan too.

I quit watching ER years ago...but just had to watch last night.

The ending shot w/Carter hooked up to the machine ripped my heart out...that look on his face...he looked so lonely and full of sorrow. Noah Wyle can still act!

I watched ER for many years, stopped, then picked it up again at the end of the season 2 years ago. I am not a big fan of all of the returning cast members. The storuies seem very forced to me. It is nice to see what the old actors look like now, but William H. Macy's guest appearance a couple of weeks ago - geez, not only did we get an awkward return, but also a history of County General? BAH!
I'd rather they just wrap up the story lines of the remaining cast members like Morris, Ray and Neela, and kind of end it with a "passing of the guard" to some semi-anonymous new people.

Great episode!!! Looking forward to next week and more Carter:cool1:

Rumour is the final episode is on April 2 so there is onl;y 6 more left.............

:sick: :( :sad: :sad: he was my guy. :sad1: :sad2:

reconized a couple of people, and that was it. i felt kind of lost.. it would be good for the last show all the original came back to say good by.. and dr. green come back as a spirt...

I would bawl like a baby if Carter dies and they brought everyone back... with Green welcoming him to heaven.... wow.

I am so glad they are bringing the oldies back and it has been done in a natural way it doesn't seem forced.

:sick: :( :sad: :sad: he was my guy. :sad1: :sad2:

reconized a couple of people, and that was it. i felt kind of lost.. it would be good for the last show all the original came back to say good by.. and dr. green come back as a spirt...

Dr. Green already came back.
It was flash backs, but he was playing and reliving a scenario where the chief of Staff's son dies.
Does that make any sense?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter