• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

EPCOT Seas Aqua Tour?

8caliace

United States Air Force
Looking for any feedback/reviews from anyone who may have done this event at EPCOT. Thanks in advance for your help.

It is called DiveQuest and DH did it and LOVED it and would LOVE to do it again. ::yes::

If you do a search on this board for DiveQuest, you will find a number of very positive reviews. :)

BethR, thanks for your reply. I came acroos that tour as well as another one called EPCOT Aqua Seas Tour, which does not require SCUBA certification. If anyone else has info regarding this program, feedback is appreciated.

I took the aqua seas tour in Sept. and I just loved it .... they start off with a short tour around the living seas. then they bring you to the "teaching room" where you sign some waivers and watch a short video explaining what would happen once you got on deck and showing and naming some of the marine life you would see while on the tour. next our tour guides handed out locker keys and brought us down to the locker room where our wetsuits and booties awaited us. After suiting up we were brought through the living seas and then upstairs to the deck where we were once again instructed on some safety issues and how to handle the gear ... finally we were brought into the water at waist high to put on our vest and air tanks. once situated we put on our masks and were sent out into the living seas. We were given free reign of the aquarium with the one rule to stay 10 feet away from the dolphins area. We had bout a 1/2 hour in the tank and it was AMAZING. We saw sea turtles, sting rays, sharks, and tons of different fish. You could even see some of the people on the other side of the window.

I have to say this was one of the coolest things I have ever done... I loved this tour so much I took it 3 times through out our stay in Disney and I am now looking into SCUBA certification.

With the tour you get a T-shirt, picture of your group (in the dive gear on the dive deck) and refreshments.

I would recommend this tour to anyone.

if you have anymore questions let me know I'd love to answer them

Thanks for the review, DH and I will be taking the tour on 11/21, and we're very excited about it:D

Eeyore Addict, Thanks for the info. Just a couple more questions if you don't mind. Is the cost of this still $100? Can you describe the air tanks? I had assumed that since it was not a SCUBA program that it was more like a snorkeling tour or something. Are you able to swim under the surface of the water and explore on your own? Any other info you have would be great. Thanks again.

Thanks for the great review!

We are doing this next month and are really excited!!! Two of us wear contacts, and one wears glasses - I assume they will give us googles to wear - will it be any problem for us?

Aloha!

MsSpinShady princess:

hey all,

::Thanks for the review, DH and I will be taking the tour on 11/21, and we're very excited about it::

You will love it I promise I hope you 2 have fun.

::Just a couple more questions if you don't mind. Is the cost of this still $100?::

Yes it is still 100 a person but if you have a Disney visa they have a 20% discount i think. also ask when you call to make reservations to see if there are any other discounts you may qualify for. there is also a dream makers package that gives unlimited use of it ... i believe that would be the platinum package

:: Can you describe the air tanks?::

I can try lol. they are pretty light weight I thought. Its hard to explain what they look like because they are strapped to your back.

:: I had assumed that since it was not a SCUBA program that it was more like a snorkeling tour or something.::

Your right it is a snorkeling tour. They call it SAS (scuba assisted Snoring) ( I think that is it - sorry if I m wrong) you are using a regulator instead of the snorkel. You never go further then the surface because of the safety vest.
and i did the snorkel at shark reef, just for the record the regulator is much better you really dont have to worry bout the water going into the snorkel if you make a wrong movement.

::Are you able to swim under the surface of the water and explore on your own? ::

You dont go under the water but you do get to roam freely around the tank at the surface. Dont let the fact that you cant go under discourage you though. they fish will swim near you nonetheless and there is one stingray that is VERY curious and will swim up to you. One of the rule is that you can't touch the animals but as one of our instructors told us if you stay still the fish will come up and touch you.

::We are doing this next month and are really excited!!! Two of us wear contacts, and one wears glasses - I assume they will give us goggles to wear - will it be any problem for us?::

I dont wear contacts or glasses but i m going to give this one a go anyway... Yes, they do give you goggles. now on the contact part, one of the girls on my tour I believe wore them fine. Glasses are a different story. I know one women had glasses on but I think she took them off before entering the water. If I were you, I would call the tour line and ask them. they are usually pretty helpful.

Anyway I hope you all have lots of fun on your tours.
and i hope this was helpful any more questions just let me know i love to answer them

Ps if anyone is interested in seeing me in my dive gear let me know ill try and post the pick of me just before going in the water.

Thanks Eeyore Addict for the info. I arranged for my DS to do this when we are there in Dec. I am looking forward to his reaction. You can also get a discount if you have an AP.:wave:

Thanks Eeyore Addict! I'd love to see the picture if you can post it!

Aloha,

MsSpinShadyprincess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter