Epcot, Norway, Frozen.. chime in on this.

TBViking

Earning My Ears
So here's my thing..

Is anyone else out there a "stroll through Epcot to grab a few beers and relax" kind of person?

My family greatly fits into this category. We live in FL and we go to Disney quite a bit. Norway is one of my favorite stops because it is pretty relaxing, had some great shaded spots until Frozen construction started, and the staff were some of the most down to earth people in the park. So does anyone else who enjoys the relaxation of Epcot kinda think this Frozen thing is going to have issues? I guess I'm thinking that come October 2016, you're going to have a clash between the Food n Wine Fest folks and the parents excited to bring their innocent kids to a magical ride based on their favorite movie. I have a young son and I just don't see it mixing well. Can you imagine how busy it's going to be during this time with both of these groups being there?! It is going to take a away from that part of Epcot for the adults, and a lot more kids are going to be present in this area. I get Epcot was never supposed to be what it is if Walt had his way, but let's face it.. Epcot World Showcase is the adult theme park of Disney World. If they are going to start bringing in kid-friendly rides, then they need to stop pumping up these Food n Wine fests. Dang you Disney for taking away my favorite place by the viking battle in the bushes. Perfect shade was always there with cool scenery.

Am I the only one thinking this way?

Change happens. :D There's a long list of places and attractions that have made way for new things over the years. You're not wrong at all to be upset. Maybe write them an email and tell them your thoughts on having more 'secluded' places to rest. Perhaps they can build more of that kind of thing in if there's demand for it.

I've made my feelings about this known loudly both here and to Disney. Basically I think that it's ludicrous and it's been enough to push me over the edge where Epcot is concerned.

I also enjoyed the relaxing, more adult atmosphere of World Showcase. I'm disappointed that Disney seems determined to turn that area into MK lite now. Also, since you enjoy visiting the pavilion you know how small it is. Where are all of these kids and their parents supposed to line up for this tiny ride and equally out of place meet and greet? How hard will it be to get to the café now with all of this nonsense?

I've always love the Norway pavilion and its gradual destruction has been sad for me to see. First they took away the entertainment, then the restaurant, then the Norwegian beer, then the stavekerk museum for all practical purpose and now finally the ride. The café is really the last Norwegian outpost but for how long.

Personally I would just avoid the Norway pavilion if you go for Food & Wine. What does it really have to offer any more anyway?

Lou Mongello said it perfectly....people will plan their vacations around the Frozen attraction....nobody planned their vacation around Maelstrom.(and I loooved Maelstrom btw
Time will tell but if people consider the new ride tiny and not worth the trouble once they do it then it could get interesting. I don't care for Frozen but it deserved more than a tiny ride and those of us who love Norway also deserve more IMO.

I agree Planogirl... My daughter is so excited about The Frozen attraction.....me? I loved Maelstrom and love poking around World Showcase without attractions.

Time will tell but if people consider the new ride tiny and not worth the trouble once they do it then it could get interesting. I don't care for Frozen but it deserved more than a tiny ride and those of us who love Norway also deserve more IMO.

This is what it all boils down to. WS deserves to be treated better than this, and Frozen deserves a much better attraction than this.

I agree Planogirl... My daughter is so excited about The Frozen attraction.....me? I loved Maelstrom and love poking around World Showcase without attractions.
And for the sake of the little kids that are excited about this, I hope that it's not a bust. I can pout quietly to myself if at least the kids enjoy it. ;)

People will flock to this attraction because it's new. I'm wondering if its popularity will soon fade, though, as the Frozen frenzy dies down and girls who loved the movie at age 5 start aging out of the princess phase. I feel like the Little Mermaid ride at MK has kind of been a bust, too.

I'm very irritated by what they have done to the Norway pavilion at any rate.

Last edited:
As a fellow local I was not happy with this whole thing at all. WS was supposed to be educational, as was Future World. A full revamp of the front half of the park is what was needed. Put the Frozen crap somewhere else and take your time with it, the Frozen fangirls will still be there when you open it. Gut out Wonders of Life and Imagination, throw Inside Out in the former and the original Figment in the latter. Knock out Innoventions and update to current science education-type standards. Boom. Done.

I think if Frozen had come out during the planning of NFL, we wouldn't be worried about this at all. That's where it belongs.

I usually come in through International Gateway, grab a Harp at the Rose and Crown and start strolling towards Canada/Mexico...I do enjoy the mood of WS...but I'm also in favor of some sort of "attraction"in as many Countries as possible ..love dark boat rides or omni movers that have a laid back feel (hopefully with an entertaining connection to the the current Country)...something to break up the shopping/drink breaks haha...

People will flock to this attraction because it's new. I'm wondering if it's popularity will soon fade, though, as the Frozen frenzy dies down and girls who loved the movie at age 5 start aging out of the princess phase. I feel like the Little Mermaid ride at MK has kind of been a bust, too.

I'm very irritated by what they have done to the Norway pavilion at any rate.

I think the popularity will fade, it will still be popular but not the craziness it is right now. But when the popularity does fall off it will rise right back up with the sequel. Then fade again and rise back up with the 3rd movie. Then rinse and repeat for however much they release. :)

I think the popularity will fade, it will still be popular but not the craziness it is right now. But when the popularity does fall off it will rise right back up with the sequel. Then fade again and rise back up with the 3rd movie. Then rinse and repeat for however much they release. :)
Maybe... Not every sequel is good but of course that probably won't matter. This doesn't negate the fact that the pavilion is too small for this.

I'm excited for the Frozen ride if it is done correctly, my daughter LOVES Frozen right now. That being said, I hate what they are doing to Norway. I really wish they had found a different location for this attraction.

Maybe... Not every sequel is good but of course that probably won't matter. This doesn't negate the fact that the pavilion is too small for this.

I totally agree on the placement of this. I think it is ridiculous, really don't see why this just wasn't planned for the DHS redo but oh well.

Bottom line.....It'll be something new, that WS desperately needs....True We loved Maelstrom as well, and tru there are other parts of the park that need more addressing, but this is what they chose, and this is unfortunately what we have to settle for....My kids are past that age for Frozen, but we're totally anxiously awaiting its arrival next year.

My family is half Scandinavian and loved Norway as is but we also love Frozen. I am in the minority and I like them incorporating it.
I see it no different than any other princess in any other pavillion. It is cultural based. IMO
Having the fantasy side of it helps my children embrace themselves, who they are
Just like Pocohantas and Brother Bear did for them too as they are also Native American.
We as adults go in the fall strictly for F&W.
We like snacking and drinking around the world and touring the pavilions this helps keep the kids happy while we are
doing that :)
Probably doesnt make sense to most just the way I feel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter