Epcot, Norway, Frozen.. chime in on this.

I see it no different than any other princess in any other pavillion. It is cultural based. IMO
Umm... I have no problem with belle meeting in France or Alice in the UK etc. this is so much more than that. You have a frozen ride taking over a ride that represented a real country. Frozen may have some Scandinavian bases but its not once mentioned or made clear in the movie. Also no other princess has a 13,000 square foot meet and greet building in world showcase. This is much more than just having a princess in a pavilion.

Umm... I have no problem with belle meeting in France or Alice in the UK etc. this is so much more than that. You have a frozen ride taking over a ride that represented a real country. Frozen may have some Scandinavian bases but its not once mentioned or made clear in the movie. Also no other princess has a 13,000 square foot meet and greet building in world showcase. This is much more than just having a princess in a pavilion.
Well when the Frozen craze dies down I'm sure Disney will be going WTH did we do, but for now I am okay with it. Did I like Maelstrom and will I miss it. Yes!!! But I am a crazy lady who loves change.
And as often as we go I dont mind this change.

My family is half Scandinavian and loved Norway as is but we also love Frozen. I am in the minority and I like them incorporating it.
I see it no different than any other princess in any other pavillion. It is cultural based. IMO
Having the fantasy side of it helps my children embrace themselves, who they are
Just like Pocohantas and Brother Bear did for them too as they are also Native American.
We as adults go in the fall strictly for F&W.
We like snacking and drinking around the world and touring the pavilions this helps keep the kids happy while we are
doing that :)
Probably doesnt make sense to most just the way I feel
I'm only a 4th Norwegian so you have me beat :) but I do respect your thoughts about this. To me the cultural representation of Norway has been degraded even though it was fairly lame to begin with. Sure this is based on a fairy tale by a Danish writer who lived in the nation when Norway and Denmark were joined together but to me it feels like a major stretch to say it's culturally representative.

Besides I still believe that the area is way too small.

I'm only a 4th Norwegian so you have me beat :) but I do respect your thoughts about this. To me the cultural representation of Norway has been degraded even though it was fairly lame to begin with. Sure this is based on a fairy tale by a Danish writer who lived in the nation when Norway and Denmark were joined together but to me it feels like a major stretch to say it's culturally representative.

Besides I still believe that the area is way too small.
While I am not debating the cultural accuracy it is enough resemblence to peak the interest of my children to then open up the books to learn :)
I do a lot of home schooling even though they go to public school. Other cultures and countries are not represented enough in the schools IMO
The fantasy aspect helps my children open their minds to learning thats all
Very personal experience

While I am not debating the cultural accuracy it is enough resemblence to peak the interest of my children to then open up the books to learn :)
I do a lot of home schooling even though they go to public school. Other cultures and countries are not represented enough in the schools IMO
The fantasy aspect helps my children open their minds to learning thats all
Very personal experience
True. I was fortunate in that I had a curious kid which probably came from hearing about some things from his relatives. He probably doesn't know much about most other nations though.

My daughter hates epcot and if this was 10 years ago, it might be a way she would be excited to be at epcot. i'm fine with a ride or two that make sense for the country around world showcase, it gives kids something else to be excited about.

I was pretty upset about them putting it in WS, I have no problem with putting a ride in, it is after all pretty popular. I would think it might have fit better either at FW or HS but it is what it is. What really upsets me even more is they took what was in the Nave Church, which was an interesting little history of the viking and replaced it with Frozen stuff. That was one of my favorite spots to visit, I loved the church itself and the history it showed. They already have a frozen attraction planned for there, was it really necessary to take out a lesson in history?

I was pretty upset about them putting it in WS, I have no problem with putting a ride in, it is after all pretty popular. I would think it might have fit better either at FW or HS but it is what it is. What really upsets me even more is they took what was in the Nave Church, which was an interesting little history of the viking and replaced it with Frozen stuff. That was one of my favorite spots to visit, I loved the church itself and the history it showed. They already have a frozen attraction planned for there, was it really necessary to take out a lesson in history?
This agree with and quite honestly instead of a big meet and greet pavillion they should have just plugged them into
The Akershus meal. Replaced Belle at front. I think Disney may be trying to capitalize on this Frozen craze but will it really be around that long.

Frozen Land should have been an area in the DHS expansion. Wouldn't overcrowd MK more, but wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb in Epcot.

Agreed. It's weird and out of place. The movie isn't actually set in Norway either so it's even more mystifying to me. I just want my rice cream without encountering a herd.

The people saying that the Frozen ride shouldnt be in Norway....i have a question.... The Grand Fiesta Tour in Mexico....how realistic is that?
That ride is still based on Mexico. The three caballeros show you around Mexico. The frozen ride will not be frozen characters showing you around Norway.

The people saying that the Frozen ride shouldnt be in Norway....i have a question.... The Grand Fiesta Tour in Mexico....how realistic is that?
It takes place in Mexico, and the ride still focuses on Mexico's sights and cultures even with the characters. Frozen doesn't take place in Norway, and the ride, at least from what we've seen, will have literally nothing to do with Norway at all, just the characters from Frozen.

Actually Frozen takes place in a mythical kingdom located in what is today Norway. So it does take place in Norway. Disney made this clear before the movie was released and became a phenomenon. Frozen has always been connected with Norway and no other Nordic country. It has even resulted in a very real increase in Norway tourism including a Disney tour.

It makes perfect sense to be tied with Norway. I don't understand all the angst and upset. There was a ride in the Norway pavilion that told you a little about Norway. A very old outdated ride with an even more outdated movie afterwards. There will be a new ride that will be very popular about Frozen in the pavilion of Norway where the movie is most certainly closely tied. Big deal. Kids and parents will flock to it and the Anna & Elsa meet and greet. If you don't want to ride it, don't, but it isn't going to ruin Epcot. In fact, all those people inside in line for the ride and meet and greet will not be in your way if you want to be elsewhere in World Showcase.

Actually Frozen takes place in a mythical kingdom located in what is today Norway. So it does take place in Norway. Disney made this clear before the movie was released and became a phenomenon. Frozen has always been connected with Norway and no other Nordic country. It has even resulted in a very real increase in Norway tourism including a Disney tour.

It makes perfect sense to be tied with Norway. I don't understand all the angst and upset. There was a ride in the Norway pavilion that told you a little about Norway. A very old outdated ride with an even more outdated movie afterwards. There will be a new ride that will be very popular about Frozen in the pavilion of Norway where the movie is most certainly closely tied. Big deal. Kids and parents will flock to it and the Anna & Elsa meet and greet. If you don't want to ride it, don't, but it isn't going to ruin Epcot. In fact, all those people inside in line for the ride and meet and greet will not be in your way if you want to be elsewhere in World Showcase.
Where in the movie does it say they are in Norway?

Oh great, just saw the First Look. Ugh, reminds me of The Little Mermaid on water. Not quite as bad as Nemo but not good either. Have all of the imagineers left Disney?

Oh great, just saw the First Look. Ugh, reminds me of The Little Mermaid on water. Not quite as bad as Nemo but not good either. Have all of the imagineers left Disney?
No the imagineers haven't left but when top level execs like Bob and Tom want this done they have to do it.

No the imagineers haven't left but when top level execs like Bob and Tom want this done they have to do it.

Pitiful
I was excited when I heard about the Nemo ride-BUST, excited when I read about The Little Mermaid, BUST, BUST and now this frozen crud? When Universal announces something new, it's new. This Disney "new" is getting old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter