Epcot meal... which do you prefer?

Well my 180 window opened Tuesday but I couldn't get Biergarten.... I am not giving up yet but want to book something just to have it out there just in case what I am seeing available for 11/25 is
Tutto Italia
San angel Inn
Nine dragons
la hacienda

would you pick and why ???

I have eaten at all of these, some more than once, and without knowing more about your group make up and preferences, I would pick La Hacienda hands down. We got the Del Mar for two and it was amazing! My meals at the other locations have been anywhere from decent to just OK, but La Hacienda was great! Just a note, unless their hours have changed they are only open for dinner, not lunch.

On that list Tutto Italia

Off that list for an epcot area meal, I'd leave Epcot to go to Swan and Dolphin restaurants or Flying Fish and come back in

Last edited:
Keep trying for Biergarten, you will most likely get it if you keep stalking the system and/or try one of the ADR notification programs. Our philosophy in choosing a place to eat at Epcot that we should always try to go someplace different from what we would eat at home. Personally we have been surprised to find that the food at both San Angela Inn and La Hacienda were quite different from "typical" Mexican food so we like both restaurants. We have actually really enjoyed all of our meals at La Hacienda although it tends to get not the best reviews. We do usually order one the "For Two" entrees however so it might just be that we luck out with what we order. The atmosphere at San Angel Inn really can't be beat, in my opinion - even if you are smack dab in the center of the restaurant. We liked Tutto Italia but Italian restaurants have always been a dime a dozen where we have lived and I we haven't found it any different than most average Italian restaurants so it isn't "different" enough for us to choose to return. Nine Dragons tends to be the place we go when we don't have an ADR, are hungry, and want to find a TS place to relax. We have ALWAYS been able to walk right in and get a table without a wait, even during the busiest times of the year. The food is good but it is literally just very basic Chinese food, hence the reason we never make an ADR for Nine Dragons, it is not someplace I would plan in advance to eat since there are so many more interesting options.

You didn't have it listed but if it's available, Spice Road Table, hands down. I had one of the best meals I've ever had at Disney there, and the service was awesome.

I would definitely keep trying for Biergarten. It's one of our favorite places to eat. For a second choice, I'd go with Spice Road or R&C before Tutto. We generally pick restaurants we don't have at home, as pp mentioned, so we don't go for Chinese, Japanese or Mexican.

Another vote for Spice Road. We've had some of the best food on property there several times.

Out of the others I would go for Tutto. Not eaten at Nine Dragons but I wasn't overly keen on the other two. The food at San Angel was mediocre and lukewarm and I felt Hacienda wasn't worth the money. The food was ok but just ok and I wished we'd eaten somewhere else when we came out.

It does accept the DDP

Yes, but the small plates all count as appetizers and the entree selection is small (there's only one thing on there I would even consider eating, which is why we haven't tried it yet).

I'd go with La Hacienda. We had great meals there both times we went and are planning on eating there again next trip (along with the Biergarten). I'm not a fan of Italian or Chinese food, though.

Yes, but the small plates all count as appetizers and the entree selection is small (there's only one thing on there I would even consider eating, which is why we haven't tried it yet).

I'd go with La Hacienda. We had great meals there both times we went and are planning on eating there again next trip (along with the Biergarten). I'm not a fan of Italian or Chinese food, though.
I would eat ANY of the entrees. ETA, which is why I suggested it.

Last edited:
From the list:
#1-Tutto
#2-San Angel Inn

Also I agree about:
Spice Road Table is very good-and is listed as a Restaurant that takes DDP for 2017--order Entrees

I love biergarten. I haven't eaten at hacienda. But I found San angel and tutti Italian mediocre. Just generic Mexican or Italian that you can find anywhere. I actually prefer via Napoli, they have some unique pizzas. Just don't look at the price tag!

But yes, keep looking at biergarten. It's typically the last world showcase restaurant to fill up.

I can't believe Biergarten isn't available. That's our walk up restaurant of choice.

Anyway, I would choose San Angel only because I've never been to La Hacienda and I love how the Gran Fiesta Tour boat ride is in the restaurant. Very cozy and special place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter