EPCOT Food and Wine Festival, Sept. 25 - Nov 16 2015

Wow, those Chew tickets went fast! I signed up over the weekend and was wait listed. Now the screen says Sold Out for all shows. Hope some lucky Dissers got in!

I signed up yesterday too and was waitlisted. Fingers crossed for all of us who signed up. :)

Wow, those Chew tickets went fast! I signed up over the weekend and was wait listed. Now the screen says Sold Out for all shows. Hope some lucky Dissers got in!

I signed up yesterday too and was waitlisted. Fingers crossed for all of us who signed up. :)

Same here. Was anyone granted tickets immediately upon registering/requesting? I searched the FAQ on the site handling the tickets and it gave me some hope. The way I read it everyone goes into the queue aka the waiting list and then they release tickets in batches - to which you need to reply quickly to claim/confirm. Fingers crossed!!!

Same here. Was anyone granted tickets immediately upon registering/requesting? I searched the FAQ on the site handling the tickets and it gave me some hope. The way I read it everyone goes into the queue aka the waiting list and then they release tickets in batches - to which you need to reply quickly to claim/confirm. Fingers crossed!!!

I think everyone goes on the wait list although I could be wrong

I think everyone goes on the wait list although I could be wrong

I pulled this from the 1iota website

WHEN WILL I FIND OUT IF MY TICKET REQUEST HAS BEEN APPROVED?If tickets are available for the show you requested, you will be contacted approximately one-two weeks prior to the show by email. Not all ticket requests can be honored, and we will contact you only if your ticket request has been approved. Please note that from time-to-time, last minute tickets may become available and we may contact you closer to the show date you requested.

I pulled this from the 1iota website

WHEN WILL I FIND OUT IF MY TICKET REQUEST HAS BEEN APPROVED?If tickets are available for the show you requested, you will be contacted approximately one-two weeks prior to the show by email. Not all ticket requests can be honored, and we will contact you only if your ticket request has been approved. Please note that from time-to-time, last minute tickets may become available and we may contact you closer to the show date you requested.

Well at least this is just in the midst of the long trip we already had planned. I hope people don't change a bunch of plans on a whim that they may not get in!

Has anyone heard why they started the F&W festival a week earlier last year, but are back to regular schedule this year? We always plan to be there for opening but last year we missed it.

So sad that I won't be going this year. Had to cancel my trip due to costs. Anyone want to take me with them? =P

Sorry if this question has already been asked/answers - I quickly read through the posts, but didn't see it.

I've heard F&W gets very crowded over the weekend with locals coming to enjoy the festival. We will be going at the end of October 20-29 - and had planned to avoid EPCOT on Friday & Saturday nights. But now it looks like my brother and sister-in-law might fly down over the weekend - Thurs-Mon - because they want to join us for part of the trip, especially to experience F&W (first time for all of us at this event).

Any hints on the best way to enjoy F&W without running into major crowds if we need to go on the weekend? Should we plan to eat at the Festival booths for lunch instead of dinner time?

What about tickets for the demos ($15 events)? How far in advance do I need to purchase those?

Finally, I have a Disney Visa and would like to visit the Chase lounge at the America Pavilion - can I bring my brother and sister-in-law with us (4 adults total)?

Thanks!

If you go to the Festival on the weekend - start enjoying the booths when they open at 11AM.

Sorry if this question has already been asked/answers - I quickly read through the posts, but didn't see it.

I've heard F&W gets very crowded over the weekend with locals coming to enjoy the festival. We will be going at the end of October 20-29 - and had planned to avoid EPCOT on Friday & Saturday nights. But now it looks like my brother and sister-in-law might fly down over the weekend - Thurs-Mon - because they want to join us for part of the trip, especially to experience F&W (first time for all of us at this event).

Any hints on the best way to enjoy F&W without running into major crowds if we need to go on the weekend? Should we plan to eat at the Festival booths for lunch instead of dinner time?

What about tickets for the demos ($15 events)? How far in advance do I need to purchase those?

Finally, I have a Disney Visa and would like to visit the Chase lounge at the America Pavilion - can I bring my brother and sister-in-law with us (4 adults total)?

Thanks!

We have to go on the weekend this year due to how our schedule feel. Opening weekend as well so I am expecting big crowds. We prefer to go in the evening when it is a little cooler. Our plan is to review the menus and figure out our must dos. We don't mind standing in line somewhat because we feel like the food is fresher that way. We went last year right at 11am one day and felt that the food and been sitting a little bit and it wasn't as good.

I don't think you will have any problem at the Chase lounge.

Thanks!

I would start early at F&W. The crowds just build and people have been drinking, so it can be a little crazy. With all adults, you should be fine. I agree with PP,that you should have a general plan of attack. You could do lunch, but it is very hot in WS. We prefer dinner. For a break from the crowd, I highly recommend Tutto Gusto in Italy.

last year, each Chase VISA card holder was allowed to bring up to 9 guests. I think the demo tickets sell fairly quickly, but we never do those.

Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions and good information - I appreciate learning from your experience.

I hadn't realized that it might be hot in WS in the afternoon - we are going in late October - but I guess it can still be rather warm that time of year? Agree that we probably won't enjoy the food as much if it was very warm outside. I realize now that I'll have to approach the festival like a "regular" park day - I guess my initial idea was that we could just stroll around and take it slow and casual.

I'm the one who enjoys the planning and organizing and trying to figure out the best way to maximize the fun - so I know I'll have a good time researching and developing a touring schedule for FW!

F&W (and Dis) newbie here! My family is planning for our Epcot day to be the first Sunday of the festival. We are picky eaters and don't drink, so I don't expect to spend too much time at any of the booths.

How difficult is it to navigate WS during opening weekend if you're not interested in booths/special events? We have an Akershus ADR that afternoon, and absolutely need to meet Mulan in China. I've been stalking the cancellation thread trying to move our reservation to Monday in hopes of lower crowd levels, but haven't had any luck yet. Do the crowds affect Future World much? I'm hoping to be there for RD, but you never know how the 4YO will be feeling that morning. Thanks in advance for any opening weekend advice!

F&W (and Dis) newbie here! My family is planning for our Epcot day to be the first Sunday of the festival. We are picky eaters and don't drink, so I don't expect to spend too much time at any of the booths.

How difficult is it to navigate WS during opening weekend if you're not interested in booths/special events? We have an Akershus ADR that afternoon, and absolutely need to meet Mulan in China. I've been stalking the cancellation thread trying to move our reservation to Monday in hopes of lower crowd levels, but haven't had any luck yet. Do the crowds affect Future World much? I'm hoping to be there for RD, but you never know how the 4YO will be feeling that morning. Thanks in advance for any opening weekend advice!

I am picky eater and I don't drink and I still love F&W. Don't discount it too much. It also helps when you see the actual food. There have been some things by the descriptions that I would never try but once I saw the dish I tried it and liked it.

We're arriving at WDW the last Sunday of the festival. We'd planned on going that evening for just a bit to sample a few booths (from around 4-7, we have a toddler so no late nights for us), and again for just a short time from 11-1 on the last day of the festival, Monday 11/16. I read to avoid even Sunday nights because of local crowds, and I'm worried that the last couple of festival days will be out of supplies (or maybe making less of an effort on QA). Are we asking for trouble even trying? Are the lines at the booths terribly long (as in, should I plan for wait times to cut into how many booths we can visit)? Thanks!

We're arriving at WDW the last Sunday of the festival. We'd planned on going that evening for just a bit to sample a few booths (from around 4-7, we have a toddler so no late nights for us), and again for just a short time from 11-1 on the last day of the festival, Monday 11/16. I read to avoid even Sunday nights because of local crowds, and I'm worried that the last couple of festival days will be out of supplies (or maybe making less of an effort on QA). Are we asking for trouble even trying? Are the lines at the booths terribly long (as in, should I plan for wait times to cut into how many booths we can visit)? Thanks!
We went last year on a Saturday in September and I didn't feel like it was that much of a wait in the lines for the booths. We started at 11am when WS opened and visited every booth we were most interested in. We were done by around 5:30. I don't think we waited more than 5 minutes of so in line for any food. Maybe 10 tops. It was crowded, but so was every other park we went to so not much difference there. There were a few obnoxious drunk guys in one of the lines, but for the most part everyone else was well behaved . It was easily one of my favorite days that trip(although very hot).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter