EPCOT Energy Adventure-Days May be Numbered

While I certainly agree that the article provides some interesting insight I don't see where changing the drainage behind the building indicates the building is going to be closed. There are certainly lots of other possibilities and since there is nothing in the permit application relating to demolition or any other work on the pavilion itself. We will just have to wait and see if there are future permits relating directly to the pavilion.

How do you know it's "not that great" if you never rode it?

Sorry, i'll clarify. Before my CP I visited Disney as a guest many times and have ridden it multiple times. Last time was probably in around 2011, my friend really wanted to go.

I was just trying to say that I never went out of my way to ride it during the whole time I was working there, which makes me think that it can probably be replaced by something else without much mourning on my part. That being said, I know some of my favorites are hated by others...not trying to knock anyone's favorite!

My kids like it. I will admit that I have been on it several times, however, I haven't seen anything beyond the dinosaur stuff in the beginning. I always fall asleep! However, I pretty much fall asleep in all of the dark slow paced rides, no matter how much I want to see it. Spaceship Earth, Hall or Presidents, The Great Movie Ride...but Ellen's Energy adventure is definitely my best nap.

My kids like it. I will admit that I have been on it several times, however, I haven't seen anything beyond the dinosaur stuff in the beginning. I always fall asleep! However, I pretty much fall asleep in all of the dark slow paced rides, no matter how much I want to see it. Spaceship Earth, Hall or Presidents, The Great Movie Ride...but Ellen's Energy adventure is definitely my best nap.

I could have written this post!

Ellen's is one great place to nap.

That's kind of old news. Months ago that rumor surfaced that it would probably be replaced by a GotG type attraction. It was a pretty strong rumor for awhile, but, has since gone quiet. What that means is unsure, but, not much movement has been heard lately. It might bubble up to the top tomorrow for all we know, but, right now... not really active.

That would be amazing. Wouldn't mind seeing a GotG 4D type ride. Something similar to Shrek 4D at Universal would be pretty cool.

Who here remembers the pavilion before it became Ellen's energy adventure? Now that made the HoP feel like muppetvision

Who here remembers the pavilion before it became Ellen's energy adventure? Now that made the HoP feel like muppetvision

It was disappointing, the dinosaurs lasted 3 mins and the rest felt like I was in school........pop quiz before you're allowed to leave.

latest news per WDWMagic.com -
UoE is goner, being replaced by a fully themed Que in current building and roller coaster(maybe flying??) in new building that will be attached. Original expectation was GotG, but that may be swapped for some other IP, but the Coaster is pretty well locked by most reports

From the article: "According to drainage design documents, the purpose of the project is, “to provide a more-contiguous area for possible future changes to parking capacity and back of house areas.""

THIS I take issue with. While I know I am in the extreme minority for liking the ride I will be pretty annoyed if its gone just to make room for more parking... Epcot needs new and exciting attractions and I will be the first to admit that Energy falls short, but please don't remove another attraction for nothing.

From the article: "According to drainage design documents, the purpose of the project is, “to provide a more-contiguous area for possible future changes to parking capacity and back of house areas.""

THIS I take issue with. While I know I am in the extreme minority for liking the ride I will be pretty annoyed if its gone just to make room for more parking... Epcot needs new and exciting attractions and I will be the first to admit that Energy falls short, but please don't remove another attraction for nothing.
That's I took away from the article as well. If they make it a GOTG ride, well ... I have no dog in the race because I've never seen the movies, but things get changed and upgraded (hopefully). But not only taking down a ride, but also taking out a bunch of forest to make some parking ... I hope this is misunderstood.

Also, if they removed pretty 80% of the show and just had me get in and ride through the dinosaurs, I would go do it more often. I mean, they're not the best animatronics on the planet, but I really just like the fact that what seemed like a huge stationary theater gets on tracks and starts moving. I'm always impressed by that.

I'll repeat, if it's Guardians of the Galaxy I will be incredibly disappointed by Disney's lack of visions and creativity. Slapping the IP of the day on an attraction is not what I expect from them.

People need to watch out what they wish for. I understand some people might not like Ellen, but that being said, not everybody likes the roller coasters too, doesn't mean you should take those out to appease a few. I think Ellen's is a great idea. It's on par with what Walt had in mind. Its about education and what we need to do to save the plant. I think GOTG would be better placed in Hollywood studios. But again that is just one person's opinion, mine, and it doesn't mean that much. Just remember what happened when Figment got an overhaul. There were a lot of people who hated the second and I'm sure there are those who are eh with this one. And again, think about it, a park with a tiered ride issue already, I wouldn't be wishing more rides to disappear, without even knowing if something is coming. I think they need to finish with Hollywood studios before they do anything else. All the other parks are getting swarmed with that one so limited, and to remove rides from those others would just make it seem more crowded.

We love Epcot. Ellen's Energy Adventure is fine on a super hot day when lines everywhere else are horrid and you just want to sit in nice, quiet, dark air conditioning for a while. It's a cute ride. But its time has come and gone and I'm fine with an overhaul. Future World AND World Showcase are due for major rehabs.

It's time.

We did the World Destinations tour a couple weeks back(really enjoyed it BTW) and our guide advised us to go see Ellen's energy ride and see France's movie one more time. He told us that something was going to be going on with both - he said once they see the guys with all the measuring tapes, taking notes, the type of personnel, enignering,imagineers..,.that something definitely will be happening to both of those in the not to distant future.

NOOOOOOOOOOO.

Impressions de France is my favorite thing at Epcot. Air conditioning, pretty music, pretty scenery - and it dumps you into a bakery! We were on the Disney Fantasy this past weekend and there was piano music in the atrium and I recognized the song as the one that plays during the hot air balloon section.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter