Epcot after Half Marathon?

Rebecca Pocahontas

Mouseketeer
We will be going to WDW on April 22-27 with 2-day park tickets. We are planning on Sunday 23 & Tuesday 25 to be our park days. We would like to go to Epcot on Sunday so that we can go to the Flower and Garden Pavilion and the concert. But it is also the same day as the Half Marathon. Is Epcot sort of messed up or super busy on that kind of day because of all the runners? Will the afterparty be making the park or the parking lot congested? Or is it better to just go to MK on Sunday and miss out on the extra weekend activities of the F&G?

This is just anecdotal, based on the 6 half marathons that we've done, including Dark Side last year. After races we've sometimes done Epcot, sometimes MK -- we've always seen a lot more fellow runners (wearing their medals or "I did it!" shirts) at MK.

Wonder what others' experiences have been... could also look up historical crowd calendars on TP...

After the marathon? It won't be a problem. We've been at Epcot during and after the marathon in January and there was no noticable difference in crowds so a half marathon would be able the same.

This is just anecdotal, based on the 6 half marathons that we've done, including Dark Side last year. After races we've sometimes done Epcot, sometimes MK -- we've always seen a lot more fellow runners (wearing their medals or "I did it!" shirts) at MK.

Wonder what others' experiences have been... could also look up historical crowd calendars on TP...
I've done both MK and Epcot after races. I have similar experience to you.

I don't think you will have a problem. You'll see runners wearing medals or shirts but the crowds don't elevate that much.

Incidentally, there is no after party for the Darkside Race in April, only for the W&D race in November. I think your major issue with be that Sunday is the tailend of "spring break" so the parks will likely be more crowded because of that v. the extra runners.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter