Envelopes to keep you on budget

i rubber band them all together then they go into the hotel safe until the day of use.. sorry don't know about nationals EA

I also keep them rubberbanded together and only take out the envelope for that day. On our first travel day I have a travel purse that fits the envelopes perfectly. I don't have to unzip or unsnap to get drivers license or anything.

One important thing that I do whenever we go to the airport is to make sure DH goes through security first, then DS(15), then DD's and finally me. I always want to make sure that when my purse goes through that someone in our party is waiting on the other side to grab it just in case I get held up. I seen once on a special how theives will wait and watch to see that you put your purse on conveyor & then they have a partner on the other side grab your purse as they get held up at security for some reason. This of course was pre 911 when just anyone could get through, but better safe than sorry.

zippehsmom

:D

I do the envelopes too. I usually budget a certain amount a day and put it into envelopes, 1 for everyday we will be there. I always have extra just to be on the safe side, but so far have never had to use it. We usually have leftovers and we just add it on to the next day. I think it works out great.

I like the idea of having another member of your party already through screening to stay with your purse while you're going through the metal detector. I'm usually solo, so it doesn't work, and I can't get security people to understand that if something happens to my purse I have no money, no ID, no tickets, zip!

Last year they separated my friend and I at MCO, and although I removed every bit of metal (including my shoes, which did not contain metal!), I still was beeped and had to be wanded. I was yelling at her to get her attention so she could stay with my purse. The security people were just a wee bit annoyed! Sorry, I know you're doing your job, but my life could be stolen while you're doing it!

I am going to make envelopes for all our trip. I did one for the Hoop De Doo. Once I have $100 in DD saved. I will seal it. I will then start to save for other things. Like Daily Spending for food and spending. I know we want to go to special places like Fulton's Crabhouse. So I will save for that seperate.

I love the idea.

I even have an envelope for traveling. So that I have what we need on hand while we are on our way and on our way back home. This stops me from digging money out all the time.

Keeps me getting my disney fix too!

I spent much of the weekend making my envelopes. :D I made one large envelope for each day, with the day and park scheduled, then placed smaller envelopes inside for each expense (hotel, tickets, meals, etc.). I think this method will work well for me, saving in smaller bits. When the amount needed is reached the envelope will be sealed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!