Entertainment Rate Question

UKDEB

Moderator Emeritus
I know there are blackout dates for busy periods, etc, but am I more likely to get a discount midweek than at the weekend?

Does anyone know what the blackout dates are for 2003? I'm looking to book a Deluxe or Suite at PBH mid-May. Have I left it too late?

Your best bet is to call and give them a range of dates. Ent rates are based on occupancy. Some dates may be available during your range so book those. Keep trying for a week or so and see if the dates you want are available for the discount. Things change constantly.

getting entertainment rate means you have an entertainment card which comes with the ent. book of coupons. Most major cities have them. To get the rate, you must call and ask if they have ent. rates avail for your dates. If they do, go ahead and reserve. You don't need the card to do so. You can then order the book for your city (or orlando's, if your city doesn't have one) at www.entertainment.com. Card is pasted on the inside cover. You just show the card at check in.

There were no Entertainment rates for my dates (weekday or weekend) when I called, but I did get a Deluxe for an AP rate of $230. Same thing happened last year at HRH. When I read these boards it always seems I'm the only person who <i>can't</i> get the Entertainment rate! :rolleyes:

UKDeb - You might want to keep calling - I've heard of lots of folks being told no to begin with but as the time get's closer more things open up.

Debbie,

Be sure that when you are asking about the entertainment rate availability for your dates, you ask about each date individually. I had been trying to get an entertainment rate for a 3 night stay in mid-May for a couple of weeks with no success. Then I got a very nice reservations person who said she would see if there was availability on any of those 3 nights. It turned out that only the last night was sold out, so she booked the first 2 nights at the entertainment rate of $180 for deluxe. I will keep the reservation I had for the third night at $219 through Quikbook and keep trying for an entertainment rate.

Apparently, when they search using a range of dates, special discounted rates don't show up unless they are available on each of the dates in that range. (Clear as mud?) I didn't really understand that before.:confused:

Anyway, good luck!

What a minefield! Thanks for all your tips. I'll try again sometime before we go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter