Entertainment rate hotels (suites) near Universal??

peppersugar

Earning My Ears
I just got DC card which also entitles to entertainment rate and am trying to find out what hotels with suites (near room for 5, maybe 6) are located near Universal--staying at Disney on-site at AllStar Movies for 4 nights but plan to move off-site for a couple of nights for Universal.

We are going to be staying at the Enclave Suites Mar 21-26. We reserved the junior suite for Ent Rate of $79. per night. They quoted me $105 for a 1Br suite with Ent Card.www.enclavesuites.com. I did a search here on the Dis re Enclave Suites and some of the comments were not great, but it seems like they have done some major renos recently and the newer comments were quite favorable. Last year we stayed at Westgate Lakes which is a timeshare property and really enjoyed our stay there. We had a beautiful 2 BR suite and were in no way pestered to do a timeshare tour. We got a great deal there ($107 per night I think), but we went off season then, and this year (Mar) we found the Lakes to be too expensive. Neither of these places are walking distance to US's, but they are convenient by car and close to I Drive for shopping and dining. Hope this helps. :cool: :D

goose_flying.gif

"Going to WDW"

Most Hilton properties except the entertainment rate. They include Hilton, Homewood Suites, Embassy Suites, Double Tree, and Hampton Inn. There are tons of locations near Universal.

Jim

<A HREF="http://uoio.8m.com">Universal Orlando Information Overload</A>- Updates: Universal Chat every Sunday at 9:00pm!

I just booked two rooms at the Ramada Resort and Conference Hotel at the Ent. rate of $57. They also told me they had a large suite for $99. Haven't stayed there, but the web site looks nice.

I'm not familiar with Orlando area--do you know which Hilton owned properties are near Universal--how do I find out?

We are staying at the Hilton Grand Vacation Club which I beleive is about 10 minutes from Universal. It seems to be a timeshare property, but we reserved via a package and got a rate of about $100 per night for a studio in March. Will let you know how it was when we return.

offsite Feb, 1975
offsite Feb, 1976
Disney Vacation Villas, 1992 (now the institute?)
Marriott, 1994
Timeshare 1997

Robsmom, the Hilton Grand Vacation properties are timeshare properties. They are quite nice from what I have seen, and there is no pressure to "buy" a unit while you are there. Your stay will seem just like a normal hotel. I believe the Orlando property is at Seaworld, which puts it 5 to 15 minutes from USF/IOA depending on traffic.

Peppersugar, Hilton properties in Orlando also include Doubletree Castle, Hampton Inn Universal, Homewood Suites, Hilton at Walt Disney World (on site), and many others. Check out Hilton.com and search to find them all. Remember too, at all Hampton Inns everyone in your room recieve a free continental breakfast, at Homewood and Embassy suites everyone gets a free cooked-to-order breakfast. This alone can easily save a family of four $25-$30 or more a day.

Jim

<A HREF="http://uoio.8m.com">Universal Orlando Information Overload</A>- Updates: Universal Chat every Sunday at 9:00pm!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!