Entering Land with ADR

happilyeverafterdw

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

I am planning ahead to when I have a reservation at Oga's for entrance into Galaxy's Edge. Any ideas at all at how early we can enter with an ADR?

They havent even officially announced they are doing a VQ system to enter the land (even though they probably will). So no one knows at the moment what the policy will be
What does the VQ have to do with the ADR? Is one dependent on the other?

If they aren't doing a VQ that means it's a free for all and there's no need to worry about getting into the land with an ADR
Unless the land is at capacity and there is a traditional queue, like day 1 Pandora. If that’s the case will the ADR get you in?

I just spent 4 hours on the phone with Disney. Hung up on 5 times tossed around like crazy. A gentlemen had a reservation for me 10am on the 31st when the phone dropped. Superiors and other agents pretty much said Oh well. Customer service was horrible, just played a game of chicken with me. I don’t understand how you can treat a paying customer like that, but I guess they really don’t care.

if you have a reservation for Oga's or the droid/lightsabers, IF there is a virtual queue or line for entry into the land, you will be able to use your reservation to enter the land itself up to one hour before your reservation time. You need to report to your venue inside Galaxy's Edge 15 minutes prior to your reservation time.

Sorry, so you can skip the line to enter the land (if there is one) with an ADR?

From the DFB it state with a reservation you can get in 1 hour before your scheduled time......

From the DFB it state with a reservation you can get in 1 hour before your scheduled time......
Well Disney has yet to confirm any use of a virtual queue so not sure how they would have that info anyways. I would assume they are basing this on how Disneyland worked.

apparently the info was posted (by Disney) to its Facebook page and there was some other release of the information that you could enter Galaxy's Edge 1 hour prior to your reservation time, if you couldn't just walk in otherwise. That was to give you time to report to the venue you booked inside Galaxy's Edge. However, WDW hasn't clarified this on its website.

I don't think they can exclude reservation holders if there is a wait to enter the land, on the basis that you're talking $100 to $200 penalty for the droid/lightsaber builds if you are a no-show. I am sure WDW is not interested in having to process after-the-fact waivers for a lot of no-shows. Oga's would be $10 pp and that could also be a pain if a lot of reserved guests missed their reservations because they were made to wait outside the land.

another thing to consider is the amount of time it might take to enter Hollywood Studios itself - I'm going the second day, not the first, and I'm sure they will add extra bag checks, but i'm always behind the person carrying 3 backpacks that have 17 zipper compartments each and 5 bags inside each backpack.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what to do at the moment but I've got some time and wondered if I could get some advice. I have a reservation at Hollywood & Vine for breakfast at 810am on October 28th which according to what I've seen is before the park technically opens. I'm staying offsite so don't have early morning hours or anything like that. But the ADR will get me in. I also have a reservation at Oga's at bout 930/10am. Does it make sense for me to keep the breakfast at Hollywood & Vine so that I can get in at 8am? Or will it make no difference to anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!