End of Trip Traditions?

We always end our trips at Epcot. I love Epcot, but it doesn't feel as "final" to me as MK. Ending at Magic Kingdom would make it too hard to leave. The ride on the saddest bus on Earth back to MCO is hard enough. :sad:

We always spend our last night of our trip in MK, riding our favorite rides, eating out favorite snacks, and enjoying our happy place. I just love your video tradition! What a wonderful way to recap your trip and have those awesome memories! I may have to adopt this idea! Great thread topic!! Have a magical time next month!

I always make sure to run by the bakery in France at Epcot to bring home stuff for my parents.

We always end at Disney Springs. Specifically, Splitsville. We eat, bowl or play pool. So much fun.

A slow walk down Main Street in the evening, saying "thank you" to Walt, and a whole lot of "I'm not crying. YOU'RE crying."

We always end ours at Epcot. That's our favorite park, so we always go back ride a few rides, then head back to World Showcase and stock up on snacks and goodies to take back home.

We do a character breakfast on checkout morning - Cape May Cafe when we stay at the Beach Club.

We go to EPCOT and buy loads of caramels treats from Caramel Kuchen, ride Soarin', do Pick A Pearl and ride Fiesta Tour. Then it's back to the room to get ready to the Tragical Express!

Always MK the night before we leave...nothing prettier than Main Street at night. Then, in the morning, a character breakfast for a proper "thank you" and farewell. (Sniff :sad: ) Heck, I don't even leave for another 112 days and I'm feeling sad already??? Enough..I'm out! pixiedust:

I always do Magic Kingdom the night before I leave, and finish my trip the next day at Hollywood Studios. Tower of Terror is my favorite ride ever, so it's always my first and last ride of every trip!

A lot depends on what time we fly out. But MK is always a part of our last day!! If we fly out in the morning.... that last day is MK for most of the day, then to Epcot for dinner and Illuminations.
If our flight is an evening flight we hit AK first thing in the morning (usually just for EE, Safari and FoLK) then MK for lunch and our goodbyes.
If our flight is afternoon and we can only manage one park.... it's MK for sure!!

Not a fun one, but kind of a tradition...Most trips we'll have a car and I've always found it easiest to leave from Epcot to head back to the airport, so I'll just walk out of Future World to the parking lot and not look back. Once that walk starts, I consider vacation to be over.

On our last night we have dinner at California Grill and watch wishes from the deck. Then if I have time in the morning, will make one last trip to EPCOT with a stop at Mouse gears and the pin store. And then I promptly start the planning for the next vacation!

As of late, its been the california grill/wishes fireworks (I say as of late cause wishes is going away) and then the last morning its ice cream on main street and then carousel. Then bench in the middle of it all to just take a deep breath and go "ahhhhhhh". Followed by a long long long solemn stroll down main street, popping in the emporium and the confectionary to close out the snack options and relish in that last rice krispy treat and/or (usually AND) magic bar on the plane ride home :sad:

Our tradition kind of happened out of habit. We typically end our trips with a brunch at Ohana before the drive home. We usually close the park down the night before with whichever is opened the latest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter