Which time of year would you go to WDW?

• Oct. 28 - Nov. 4 2023

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Sometime in January 2024

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

mickeymom629

DIS Veteran
I just made a reservaiton for my large family (w/3 grandkids) to go to WDW Oct. 28-Nov 4. However, I was planning for us to go in mid-late January 2024 originally. (doing both is not an option! :)) We have been at both times but I'm curious as to what you would choose. I'm concerned about the weather and if Oct will be hotter/stormier and if the crowds will be worse. We will be using DVC points so I don't know yet if I can get what I hope in January yet.

I'd love your opinion on which time you'd prefer and why. Thanks!

I like both times for different reasons. Yes, you will have crowds in October, especially at MK but you get to see all the Halloween decor there which is wonderful. On party days, MK has low crowds during the day and shorter lines, but they close early without fireworks. We have hopper tickets so we hop to Epcot when the party crowd starts to arrive after 4pm. The weather is warm but not awful like the summer.
January is nice as long as you aren’t going near one of the holidays/runs. But, January is traditionally a time when some rides are shut down for maintenance although I’m not sure how that goes these days. You may have a strong mix of International guests in January, as well, since their vacation periods may fall in that season.
Whichever you choose, have an awesome trip!!

Def January. Oct has school breaks and hurricanes.

October can also be really, really hot.

Exception would be if you really want to do the Halloween party, I suppose.

I've been both times. January has ride closures, and often the weather is too cold for the pool. Sometimes it is cold enough you need a coat.

October can be hot, and more crowded than January. However you could see both the Halloween decorations and the Christmas decorations, and I wouldn't miss that.

Late Oct would be our choice. It'll be busy around Halloween, but the weather should be improving and the crowds should be decent. Later in January can get a bit busy around MKL weekend. But as mentioned above, the Jan weather can be unpredictable and it's a time for ride maintenance sometimes.

All that being said, I wouldn't hesitate to visit either of these times! Both time ranges are better than other times of the year!

I just made a reservaiton for my large family (w/3 grandkids) to go to WDW Oct. 28-Nov 4. However, I was planning for us to go in mid-late January 2024 originally. (doing both is not an option! :)) We have been at both times but I'm curious as to what you would choose. I'm concerned about the weather and if Oct will be hotter/stormier and if the crowds will be worse. We will be using DVC points so I don't know yet if I can get what I hope in January yet.

I'd love your opinion on which time you'd prefer and why. Thanks!
Really depends when you'd be going in January. Likely the later in January the less crowds than compared to end of October over halloween. My only real concern with January is temps and what you all are ok to swim in if swimming is important to grandkids as it could be really cold. Season wise for decor/events I'd pick Oct/Nov and for weather as I like the heat and love seeing the decorations. October will still be hot but I'm not a fan of really cold and end of January could 85 or could be 45. Do keep in mind, with October, you'll be closing out hurricane season so you have the chance for a late season depression/storm. We've not been late January but have been in February and have been lucky to dodge really cold weather but even with 60/70s, we don't swim as that's too cold for us. If crowds are your only concern, late January will be lighter than over Halloween.

Really depends when you'd be going in January. Likely the later in January the less crowds than compared to end of October over halloween. My only real concern with January is temps and what you all are ok to swim in if swimming is important to grandkids as it could be really cold. Season wise for decor/events I'd pick Oct/Nov and for weather as I like the heat and love seeing the decorations. October will still be hot but I'm not a fan of really cold and end of January could 85 or could be 45. Do keep in mind, with October, you'll be closing out hurricane season so you have the chance for a late season depression/storm. We've not been late January but have been in February and have been lucky to dodge really cold weather but even with 60/70s, we don't swim as that's too cold for us. If crowds are your only concern, late January will be lighter than over Halloween.
Thank you for your thoughtful and detailed response!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter