Encouragement - 180 days out

We had a hard time getting certain ADRs and/or modifying them for our November 2014 trip during the Free Dining Promo. The character breakfasts were the most difficult.

I got lucky with checking for hard-to-get ADRs in the early am. Keep checking.

My 180 days was yesterday and I got everything but Askerhaus for breakfast. It was completely booked the whole week. (for just 2 of us) I ended up booking a lunch and am hoping to find breakfast later. CRT had plenty of openings for 4 yesterday but we aren't doing that this time around.

I just wanted to make sure you are entering a time on the website and not a meal (ie. in the 'Time' drop-down' choose '9:00 AM' instead of 'Breakfast'). It will still check the surrounding times, but will be closer to what you want. I can only check 11/27 today, but Boma came up for multiple times. Tusker House came up for groups of 4 and 2, but not 5 or 6. That is all I put in. Good Luck!

I had a similar experience this morning since today was my 180 mark. Mainly I couldn't get Akershus even late in the week. That's really our only HUGE want. There are 6 of us though, so I'll just have to keep checking. Would be happy with any meal there!

Happymom, hang in there! It's disheartening not to get all your top choices right off the bat, but keep checking. Things will open up!

I had more success using the app than the web site.
My app stopped working, so I deleted and tried to reload it. Now it won't download at all! Very frustrated with it.

I too booked ADRs today and had a hard time getting anything we wanted for December. Also a party of 6.
The only BOG dinner was available 12/7 so we took it even though we had planned on going to Universal that day.
We snagged an 10:30 Akershus breakfast evem we wanted 9:50-10am, prepark breakfast were available tho.
Ohana was also hard to get so we had to get two reservations of 3 and hope they can sit us together.

I didn't go for anything huge, but also had issues. Ohana was no earlier than 9:30 which doesn't work for 4 and 6 year olds. I did get a BOG adr but for 8:40 which defeats the purpose almost. I couldn't get crap for sci fi diner or b & c

Where did you do your research? I guess I will just be trying daily and I will join the touring plans. I love to plan but all this planning for this trip is making it very overwhelming. Had horrible luck with Airfare too...

We went the same week last year so I had a little insight into the week. I knew exactly what to book first and what day to book it on due to the Christmas Party. I have gotten lots of info on these boards as well. Make sure you start to follow the November Dining Cancelations thread on here. I was able to coordinate several ADR with kind souls last year. I got the one year subscription to touring plans last year before our trip so I signed up for the reservation finder. Best luck and keep us updated.

Same dates here and had same issues with party of 6. Wanted BOG for 8am but got 840 so don't think that will work. Only got GG for party of 4, hoping to add 2 later.

I was suprised as this is my 3rd year in a row for FD and every other year I got what I wanted with larger groups even!

I can't believe what has just opened up for the dinner hours on Thanksgiving! I know that you are traveling to WDW a week after Thanksgiving, but I think that this example will give you the encouragement you asked for. I have been searching obsessively for a certain restaurant on Thanksgiving. I have not found what I'm looking for, but I am seeing changes. Most recently, an opening at CRT and O'hana. There is hope! Be persistent!

Our dates are the same as yours, and I had the same experience. Everything opened up at 5 AM and I was ready, and really wanted BOG lunch. Could only get Friday 2:05 but felt fortunate to get that. I believe there is a computer program somewhere scarfing them all up.

I just wanted to make sure you are entering a time on the website and not a meal (ie. in the 'Time' drop-down' choose '9:00 AM' instead of 'Breakfast'). It will still check the surrounding times, but will be closer to what you want. I can only check 11/27 today, but Boma came up for multiple times. Tusker House came up for groups of 4 and 2, but not 5 or 6. That is all I put in. Good Luck!

That is what I have been doing is Breakfast, Lunch, and dinner. I will start trying with times!!

Everyone. Thank you!! I needed the encouragement and I got it! Thanks. I will keep searching and multiple ways.

Hi! Just need a little encouragement. We are going November 27 through December 2 and I got up this morning at 6 am to get our reservations in order.. and I didn't get any. I am so upset. What did I do wrong? I know it is free dining and all but isn't this the slower time (if any)? Do you think I will have luck getting anything? If so when would be a good time to look again?

Don't worry just keep trying multiple times a day. I would always see random blocks of times pop up when I was making my dining reservations. I went a little overboard checking constantly every day but I got everything I wanted. I'm sure the closer you get to your trip people will cancel some of their duplicate reservations when they figure out their final schedule.

We just decided last week to go for 4th of July weekend and I was able to get BOG dinner, CRT, PPO breakfast at Epcot, Ohana dinner and Wishes Dessert Party. Stuff opens up all the time. I highly recommend the Touring Plans reservation finder - it helped us get lots of those.

Hi! Just need a little encouragement. We are going November 27 through December 2 and I got up this morning at 6 am to get our reservations in order.. and I didn't get any. I am so upset. What did I do wrong? I know it is free dining and all but isn't this the slower time (if any)? Do you think I will have luck getting anything? If so when would be a good time to look again?
We are going the same time.

Keep at it. I don't think they dumped Narcoossee's on time. I couldn't find anything for the date we wanted. But a couple of days later, a ton of them were available.

And yes, free dining will mess with available times. You might need to book a time a little before or after the time you want.

I did end up with what we wanted. Good luck to you.

November 27 through December 2 and I got up this morning at 6 am to get our reservations in order.. and I didn't get any. I am so upset.

1) Ahhh.
2) You were late for the 180+10 day ADR period by a few days.
3) During Free Dining, popular eateries fill quickly, as folks try for ADR's at the 190-day time period.
4) Correction, they fill DARN FAST.
5) Keep trying for a cancellation.

Keep checking!! I was able to get at least 2 reservations I wanted (via napoli and ohana) 30 days out from my trip last October. It took checking the system everday but it payed off.

And if you are really into living on the edge you can usually snag what you want a few days or day before. We got Crystal Palace this way last October too.

Looking for 5 people. I was looking for CRT, Narcousses, 50's prime time, earlier breakfast than 1030 for Tusker, Earlier than 10 for Boma, Coral Reef.

I will look into the reservation locator. I have been debating doing touring plans, I guess that just pushed me to do it!

Thanks for the ideas!!

You don't have to pay for Touring plans just to get the ADR app. Get the free sign up and do it. It's still in Beta testing so free of charge. That's what I did.

Free dining is designed to fill up the resorts and restaurants. It works...a little too well for my tastes. My family and I won't go during a FD period anymore because of it.
Yea well... Lol I made our plans THEN found out it was FD. No Bueno. But only time we can really go soooo.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter