"ENCHANTED TALES with ROB" - A Birthday/Christmas DISer Celebration! **NEW TR LINK**

I love your pictures of the Osbourne Lights. We didn't have time to walk down the streets to look at them on this trip because we had to rush off to our ADR at Cape May. But at least a have a good reason to book another trip at Christmas time. ;)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hahahaha! I loved the Mulan/Once Upon a Time comment to Aurora! One of my absolute favorite shows, and it has changed how I see the characters. (Especially Captain Hook and Peter Pan, and the Evil Queen...)

Too fun that you met the CM that used to be in FOTLK.

Loved all your lights and Christmas storyteller shots. I am now planning an imaginary Christmas Disney trip!

I love all your Dismeets. I once bumped into one of my students at DHS, which was MGM there. It WAS March break, so many people go there, but still, between all the crowds and all the options, it was fun to bump into him!

I'm all caught up! Looks like another great day. You really put me in the Christmas spirit with the Osborne lights. I too, haven't seen it in a few years. Can't wait to hear about your night at the Magic Kingdom!

Great update, Rob!!! :thumbsup2

Hahaha on Brenda's "mis-spot"!!! :rotfl: I do that a lot myself... Mainly because I refuse to wear my glasses unless I'm driving or otherwise have to for safety reasons ;) let's just say I confuse people at any distance a lot :rotfl:

Your ToT picture is amazing... Now you just have to crop the arm-blocker out! ;)

Oh my goodness... Your pictures of the Osborne lights... Breathtaking. I haven't seen them since 1997... :sad2:

Cannot wait for your next update! So excited to see what happens at MK!!! :cloud9:

There are times when the Slushie kiosk isn't open?? Blasphemous!

So cool that you got to hang out with so many of the Disers! I "recognize" a number of them from their TR, dining reviews, and comments, so that's pretty neat!

I personally prefer the Grand Marnier slush, but I'm much more of an orange lover than lemon. DH loves lemonade though so I think he'd like the Grey Goose one better. He didn't even know it existed until recently though because I always get the orange one! So next time I think we have to try that.

How cool to find Tinkerbell in Epcot! I didn't realize that they would do training there, that's actually really interesting.

We didn't get around to stopping to listen to any of the storytellers in Epcot, which was a bit of a bummer but we were too busy drinking around the World! Though I remember when we passed by Norway they were out doing their show, and asked the audience something like, "Do you know what the name of Norway's santa is?" or something like that. And of course no one in the crowd knows, but my penpal immediately starts shouting out answers! And they're super impressed at first before they realize he's from Norway ;)

I just posted my TR update about the Osborne Lights and how much I love them. They really are just incredible. They better not go away, that would be awful!

Ooh, good cliffhanger! Can't wait for your next update!

What? Tink is at Epcot?? I didn't see a lot of characters last trip so if she's now in Epcot I missed that. That was great that you didn't have to wait in line 40+ minutes for a meet/greet.

Your loop around WS was productive with all the storytellers. I didn't see Mexico so it's nice to preview that one.

That's awesome that you randomly met up with Jess. You pay attention! I didn't even notice Emily and her fiancé when we passed them by at DLR the other night. Oops! :)

Santa Duffy is absolutely adorable! Considering how hot it was I imagine he didn't really appreciate the extra layer of clothing.

As for the Emily sighting which ended up being a total stranger, all I can say is I could use some glasses! Touche! Since I deserve payback from still reminding everyone of the great DisneyKidforLife restroom faux pas! It was just so epic, I can't help it.

Oh my gosh!! Seeing those Osborne Lights for the first time was amazing! I was in awe since I hadn't seen those until that night. I went back to look at my photos and I didn't see any of us together. I know I was standing in line a while to get a group photo with the other Disers but I thought I had one of all of us. Darn, guess not. You could always work your photoshop magic with the group photo I have since you apparently can meet up with Anna and Elsa minus the 4 hour wait!

I know you have a special night coming up in your next update. :)

Aww gee THANK YOU!!! Nope, none of the above. I actually work in finance/accounting, so I guess this is my outlet to do something I enjoy, lol.

Me too Me too!!! I knew there was something awesome about you! :banana: Sorry it's just so rare to find other accounting types that share my love of Disney.

Ok ok creepy freak out over. :thumbsup2

Hi Rob! I went missing again but I'm all caught up now! Great updates, SeaWorld looks interesting, I haven't been since I was about 2 years old and have absolutely no memory of it! Looks like you've been having a lot of firsts! Can't wait to hear more!

Hi Rob,

I've just caught up with your entire trip report in one day...it is so well written and I have really enjoyed reading it! It is making me want to book another Disney trip though!

I was there a few weeks before you and, although the Christmas decorations went up at the end of our trip, we *just missed* most of the festivities!

Looks like you had a great time meeting other Disers...I would love to have that opportunity one day!

Great pictures of the lights :lovestruc And even better that you spent the evening with DIS friends again! Love that you were able to get a group ride photo!

Great pictures, especially with Aurora, Tink (in Epcot- how cool!) and of the Osbourne Lights! Love all of your Dis meets, both the planned and random ones!

I've said it before and I'll say it again.. I have got to see these lights in person!

Can't wait to read about the rest of the night, Rob!

I love your pictures of the Osbourne Lights. We didn't have time to walk down the streets to look at them on this trip because we had to rush off to our ADR at Cape May. But at least a have a good reason to book another trip at Christmas time. ;)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thank you Sue. To be fair, it's hard to get bad ones, they're so amazing. That's actually a big reason why I don't do ADR's. I'd hate to have to rush off from somewhere. But YES, it's always a fantastic excuse to go back.

Hahahaha! I loved the Mulan/Once Upon a Time comment to Aurora! One of my absolute favorite shows, and it has changed how I see the characters. (Especially Captain Hook and Peter Pan, and the Evil Queen...)

Too fun that you met the CM that used to be in FOTLK.

Loved all your lights and Christmas storyteller shots. I am now planning an imaginary Christmas Disney trip!

I love all your Dismeets. I once bumped into one of my students at DHS, which was MGM there. It WAS March break, so many people go there, but still, between all the crowds and all the options, it was fun to bump into him!

AHHH THANKS!! I'm really glad they changed the characters up on the show. It keeps you on your toes.

OMG absolutely. Being one of the best shows anywhere, it was a real honour.

I loved the storytellers. Every one of them was so unique and really added to the World Showcase for Christmas. It's perfect really.

Oh ME TOO!!!!! It was because of them that this trip is my favourite ever. Haha too funny. When I was on a March Break Disney trip as a kid, I actually ran into my home room teacher on the plane! That did not please me.

I'm all caught up! Looks like another great day. You really put me in the Christmas spirit with the Osborne lights. I too, haven't seen it in a few years. Can't wait to hear about your night at the Magic Kingdom!

YAY!! It was the best day and not quite over yet. You can't help but get the Christmas spirit amongst those lights. Just unreal. I can't wait to share the MK night.

Great update, Rob!!! :thumbsup2

Hahaha on Brenda's "mis-spot"!!! :rotfl: I do that a lot myself... Mainly because I refuse to wear my glasses unless I'm driving or otherwise have to for safety reasons ;) let's just say I confuse people at any distance a lot :rotfl:

Your ToT picture is amazing... Now you just have to crop the arm-blocker out! ;)

Oh my goodness... Your pictures of the Osborne lights... Breathtaking. I haven't seen them since 1997... :sad2:

Cannot wait for your next update! So excited to see what happens at MK!!! :cloud9:

Thanks Tracy!!!

Hahaha, it did make me giggle. Well actually, she did too. "Wait that's not Em." At least it was indeed a girl, so that's something. :laughing:

Even with that, I love that photo. To be among such royal DISer-ness on one of my favourite rides, there's not much I can really complain about.

Breathtaking is a perfect word. Though they do provide a lot of whiplash.

Oh I can't wait to share this one. Just simply a night I will always cherish.

There are times when the Slushie kiosk isn't open?? Blasphemous!

So cool that you got to hang out with so many of the Disers! I "recognize" a number of them from their TR, dining reviews, and comments, so that's pretty neat!

I personally prefer the Grand Marnier slush, but I'm much more of an orange lover than lemon. DH loves lemonade though so I think he'd like the Grey Goose one better. He didn't even know it existed until recently though because I always get the orange one! So next time I think we have to try that.

How cool to find Tinkerbell in Epcot! I didn't realize that they would do training there, that's actually really interesting.

We didn't get around to stopping to listen to any of the storytellers in Epcot, which was a bit of a bummer but we were too busy drinking around the World! Though I remember when we passed by Norway they were out doing their show, and asked the audience something like, "Do you know what the name of Norway's santa is?" or something like that. And of course no one in the crowd knows, but my penpal immediately starts shouting out answers! And they're super impressed at first before they realize he's from Norway ;)

I just posted my TR update about the Osborne Lights and how much I love them. They really are just incredible. They better not go away, that would be awful!

Ooh, good cliffhanger! Can't wait for your next update!

I know right!!!???? It was supposed to be open, but I'm guessing the person was late.

The absolute highlights of the trip were the times spent with DISers. Most of the group are absolute superstars on the Dining Board. It was an absolute honour to meet each and every DISer, believe me.

Interesting. I'm definitely in the GG camp. I wish they made a GG orange though because I think it was the GM specifically that I didn't care for. Of course I still drank it. ;)

It was such a pleasant surprise. I've seen others there randomly on different trips, so you just never know who might show up.

Bahahaha, well, I can't knock you for that Becky. I actually didn't get to watch much. I really only stopped long enough for a photo. Interestingly, I've heard the Norway one is one of the best (and I've heard this a lot). That would have been so comical to see him shouting out all these right answers. He's a plant!!!!

I agree they better never go away. I had read some rumours that this was the last year, but now I'm hearing they will be back. Honestly why would you ever take it away?

Hehe... I've been looking forward to this update for quite a while.

What? Tink is at Epcot?? I didn't see a lot of characters last trip so if she's now in Epcot I missed that. That was great that you didn't have to wait in line 40+ minutes for a meet/greet.

Your loop around WS was productive with all the storytellers. I didn't see Mexico so it's nice to preview that one.

That's awesome that you randomly met up with Jess. You pay attention! I didn't even notice Emily and her fiancé when we passed them by at DLR the other night. Oops! :)

Santa Duffy is absolutely adorable! Considering how hot it was I imagine he didn't really appreciate the extra layer of clothing.

As for the Emily sighting which ended up being a total stranger, all I can say is I could use some glasses! Touche! Since I deserve payback from still reminding everyone of the great DisneyKidforLife restroom faux pas! It was just so epic, I can't help it.

Oh my gosh!! Seeing those Osborne Lights for the first time was amazing! I was in awe since I hadn't seen those until that night. I went back to look at my photos and I didn't see any of us together. I know I was standing in line a while to get a group photo with the other Disers but I thought I had one of all of us. Darn, guess not. You could always work your photoshop magic with the group photo I have since you apparently can meet up with Anna and Elsa minus the 4 hour wait!

I know you have a special night coming up in your next update. :)

Haha, no, just temporarily for "training". So don't feel too bad that you missed her. But OH YEAH, so much better than waiting in a 40+ minute line.

You know, my timing was perfect. I didn't really see much of the shows, but I was satisfied with at least seeing them in the outfits and getting a photo.

Haha, of course you already knew it happened since I don't think I wasted any time in telling you, lol. It was awesome though. I try to pay attention, but I'm still surprised since I was hurrying to get over to DHS. But... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA on your missed Emily the other night!!!! Seems to be a regular occurrence there. ;)

I think this is my favourite iteration of Duffy Brenda. Super adorable. But you're right, the extra layer is probably not particularly appreciated.

Haha, I just could not resist telling that story. Oh I think I still have a lot of payback to make up for, lol.

They are amazing. I was extra excited because you hadn't seen them. Seeing them is one thing... seeing them for the first time is a whole other thing.
*sigh* You know, I don't have much in the way of regrets this trip. THIS is a huge regret I do have. Not getting a photo was a HUGE error on my part and the one thing I would change if I could. I didn't even really realize it until I got home and was going through the photos. Definitely a disappointment there.

Oh yes, I sure do. :goodvibes

Me too Me too!!! I knew there was something awesome about you! :banana: Sorry it's just so rare to find other accounting types that share my love of Disney.

Ok ok creepy freak out over. :thumbsup2

Well now Joleen, there's LOTS of awesome things, lol. ;) You'd be surprised how many there are. I do think I would go nuts if I didn't have a creative outlet like DISboards though.

Hahaha, nothing creepy there at all.

Hi Rob! I went missing again but I'm all caught up now! Great updates, SeaWorld looks interesting, I haven't been since I was about 2 years old and have absolutely no memory of it! Looks like you've been having a lot of firsts! Can't wait to hear more!

Hi Grace! That's ok that you went missing. It is a busy time of year and now I can WELCOME you back, lol. Thank you, SeaWorld was a blast. Oh my yes, even after so many trips, there are still so many firsts to be had. And I have another first coming up next update.

Hi Rob,

I've just caught up with your entire trip report in one day...it is so well written and I have really enjoyed reading it! It is making me want to book another Disney trip though!

I was there a few weeks before you and, although the Christmas decorations went up at the end of our trip, we *just missed* most of the festivities!

Looks like you had a great time meeting other Disers...I would love to have that opportunity one day!

Well HELLO right back and WELCOME!!!!!

Wow, all in one day???? I can't tell you how much I appreciate that. THANK YOU SO MUCH for reading and joining in. Of course, wanting to book another Disney trip is never a bad thing. :)

Aww, so close and yet so far. I'm glad you got to see the decorations at least. They are just magnificent.

In all honesty, they are what made the entire trip. Every trip is good, great even, but sharing it with all these people put it on a whole other level. And the next update will illustrate that even further.

Great pictures of the lights :lovestruc And even better that you spent the evening with DIS friends again! Love that you were able to get a group ride photo!

Thanks Alexis. It's hard to screw that up, lol. BUT yup, that was absolutely the highlight. I was so happy to get to spend a little more time with them AND get a ride photo in the process.

Popping in to let you know how much this fellow Haligonian is enjoying your report!

A fellow Haligonian? That's awesome!!! WELCOME and THANKS SO MUCH for reading!!

Great pictures, especially with Aurora, Tink (in Epcot- how cool!) and of the Osbourne Lights! Love all of your Dis meets, both the planned and random ones!

Thank you so much!!! I do enjoy meeting characters ESPECIALLY with no wait. But even more than that, I love meeting DISers!!!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again.. I have got to see these lights in person!

Can't wait to read about the rest of the night, Rob!

Oh Marcie... Yes... You... Do!!!! Spellbinding.

I can't wait to share it either.

I could've sworn that I commented, but somehow it just disappeared or never went through. Sorry! :confused3

Ahh, walking through the Osbourne Lights is one of my favorite things about Christmas at Disney. It totally just engrosses you in the spirit of the season. :santa:

I love how many DIS meets you're having on this trip! So cool!

Hi Rob all caught up once again! Goodness this was the day we started at Epcot too and ended with MK! We were literally like 10 min off with our Soarin FP too! Dang. Wish I had known you back in December lol.
Wow the Strawberry Shortcake pic makes me really really hungry! I have still yet to try this seeming yummy treat but I will someday.....someday.
I liked your comment about not buying merchandise because....well....I'm poor :lmao: meee tooo!!!! Dang you Disney obsession!
Ummmmm.....BTW Disney has nothing on your small world shirt, just sayin'
and yes the small world children are terrifying and they haunt my dreams too. I am really surprised the Disney/ABC has not yet incorporated them into Once Upon a Time as some sort of weapon or dark magic.....or maybe that's just too dark for television lol. Speaking of which have you seen the small world dolls that you can now buy from the disney store that have them sing the song? Oh my goodness that's just not right! I can't lie though there was a brief moment when I entertained the idea of buying them all and hiding them in my DH's closet and have them all start singing at the same time to scare the crap out of him.....but he knows too much about my fears and revenge would be too scary.
Awww poor lonely Circle of Life CM. :( Why is this and Captain EO still there?
Ooh the Epcot display with the desserts and such.....I wanted to eat the whole Disney Village....it was made out of food right? I did not just imagine that.....right......?
Yay for a DISmeet in Italy!!! and they sang Happy Birthday to you in Italian?! Gasp!! How awesome is that?!
The slushies looked yummy...were they strong? I remember trying a margarita once at San Angel and it was too much for me. Don't get me wrong I like a mixed drink every now and then but I don't like to taste the alcohol too much. Bleh.
Loved your Aurora meet and greet! I agree her new look is so much better. Still not a fan of the hair though. It's just so pretty in the movie. Why does Disney seem to have such a hard time with this? It ALWAYS looks like a cheap wig to me IMO. And your poor Birthday cupcake! I would have cried!
I liked your story about the guy who got in the DVC line lol! Bahahahaha:lmao:
SANTA DUFFY! GAH!! Was he not the softest bear in the world? Love him!
Man you had a lot of DIS meets! How awesome is that to just get recognized?! Pretty stinkin cool! Loved the part where Brenda mistakes Em for someone else lol. Totally sounds like something I would do.....big ol' production and all! And finally TOT Arm in Front of My Face Guy.....epic Rob. Just Epic :thumbsup2

Ahhh, the Osbourne Lights, my favorite. :goodvibes Looking at all your pictures made me wish it were December again! I just love how festive they are, and if music could be streamed through the posts, I think everyone would understand what you mean by how spectacular they are.

A DISmeet ride photo?! How cool!

Well, now I'm very curious about your MK evening...

What a fun day so far! I LOVE all the pictures of Epcot all decorated for Christmas. The storytellers are a really cool touch, I'm really sad all the Christmasy touches won't be up for our trip. Ah well, gives me a reason to plan a December trip! :yay:

The Osborne Lights look so beautiful! One of my favorite parts of Christmas is all the lights, so I was super excited to discover the other day that we'll get to catch them on our trip in November! Your pics of them have me so excited!

Love all the DISmeet stories and photos, that sure does make a trip extra fun!

Love the awesome Dismeet/Tower of Terror mashup and resulting photo (despite being arm in face guy!)
You're so right, words really cannot describe. Those lights are just so stunning, and you'll never get it all in a picture, but I love seeing as many pictures as possible!! And yours are awesome!!
Well it certainly sounds like a really wonderful evening already, and more to come! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter