Enchanté on the Wish looks like an amalgamation for everything wrong with Disney right now to me

WDW Crawl

Living In A Secret Unused Disney Attraction
Enchanté looks to me to be an amalgamation of nearly everything wrong with Disney right now. It feels like they’ve taken the notion of preying on the “sunken cost fallacy” and gobsmacked it all into an “upscale premium restaurant experience”.

As a side note… baby pigeons? Just trying to imagine “Feed the Birds” coming over the ship speakers when that “delicacy” is served.

EDIT: this is a direct response to the scathing DIS video review.

Last edited:
Is Enchante significantly different from Remy, which has been on the Dream and Fantasy since they launched? Yes, it is expensive and does not appeal to everyone. But it is entirely optional, because everyone has access to the main dining rooms at no additional cost.

I haven’t been on the Wish, but while onboard the Wonder, Magic, and Dream, I have had no pressure at all to book adult dining at an additional cost. Those who want to book it can, without any cost to those who don’t want to pay the additional fee. The area of the ship set aside for adult dining is away from other areas, so it does not feel that people unwilling or unable to pay for it are being deprived of anything.

Lol squab is a French delicacy which I could never get behind. Just doesn't appeal to me but I have seen it on more than one menu in France.

Watch the DIS video review if what I’m saying isn’t clear.

I believe this is more expensive than Remy at about $200 a person for the full experience without alcohol.

I believe this is more expensive than Remy at about $200 a person for the full experience without alcohol.
No, thanks. If you have an actual complaint, then say so. I have better things to do than watch videos.

Enchante is $125 for the standard menu. Same as Remy. They have an optional "Collections" menu that costs more ($195) or you can purchase a la carte.

Since you don’t have time for the short video that this was a response to: The offering is awful for the price. Raw chicken? Nope.

Since you don’t have time for the short video that this was a response to: The offering is awful for the price. Raw chicken? Nope.
Raw chicken does sound pretty gross!

But I wouldn't like most of what they serve for dinner at Enchante or Remy. That's just not my kind of food.

As far as I can tell, though, Enchante is basically just a reskinned Remy with a better table arrangement. The standard menus are the same price and were created by the same chef.

The thing is it obviously wasn’t even supposed to be raw. It sounds like the service didn’t care when told about the numerous problems. I’ve heard from a few different videos on the place that the problems are beyond the menu offerings. If a mixed drink is said to be bad on first sip, it should be automatically offered to be remade for instance, not ignored.

Undercooked chicken is a great metaphor for the whole experience that I’ve read about and seen. The whole food/service side of the experience needs more time to cook.

Undercooked chicken is a great metaphor for the whole experience that I’ve read about and seen. The whole food/service side of the experience needs more time to cook.
So far there has been consistency of negative reviews of both food and service here. I expected teething problems on the Wish but not in Enchante. I assumed chef Arnaud Lallement would have been present to oversee the smooth operation of his new establishment. After all, his name is literally illuminated. Guess not? I am sure it will be fixed but my goodness. Doesn't seem a good first impression. I have this booked for October. I am going to give it a month before I cancel to see if it improves.

I did Remy on the maiden voyage of the Dream. It was not great with the exception of the cheese course. In fact, one of the dishes was so bad I couldn’t take a second bite of it as it was so off-putting.

I like Remy now so I would say give it some time and I am sure Enchante will be great.

It’s actually funny reading these reviews of the first few sailings because I could have copied/pasted my own thoughts from the Dream’s for a lot of the criticism. The lesson I learned was to wait at least six months after the ship debuts to go on it!

Last edited:
Under cooked chicken happens as with fish. ALL restaurants have had this ( chefs in the family) As in like all forms of business things go wrong that shouldn’t, but do. Staying in a five-star hotel doesn’t guarantee that you’re not gonna find a hair in the sink from the previous occupants.

What was wrong in this video is supposedly how the servers responded to the situation. I wouldn’t decide if I eat at a place is somebody, most likely a one off, was served undercooked chicken.

Me personally we never do dining on cruises where we have to pay extra. Just a philosophy we have as a family. The sailing is expensive enough, there is good food available elsewhere thats included. So we save “fine dining” for on land.

FWIW, they were at the brunch and not the dinner that they had major issues with.

Enchante was the best dining experience we had on the Wish last week. We had the brunch and I asked about the chicken when I noticed it was slightly pink. The maitre'd said it is from a "red chicken," intentional and perfectly fine. It was delicious as was everything we had.

I'm not particularly interested in what a DIS video review has to say. I'm going to try it myself, yes I know it is expensive. And yes, squab is a thing and not an especially surprising offering in an upscale French restaurant.

Last edited:
Enchante was the best dining experience we had on the Wish last week. We had the brunch and I asked about the chicken when I noticed it was slightly pink. The maitre'd said it is from a "red chicken," intentional and perfectly fine. It was delicious as was everything we had.
Not knowing anything about different types of chicken I looked up red chicken. This is what I found through google.

From the kitchen.com. Many other sites having similar comments. Maybe this is more about French cooking vs what we are used too and expect.

Is It Safe to Eat Pink Chicken?​

Salmonella is still a very real concern when it comes to cooking chicken, turkey, and other poultry. It gets knocked into our heads again and again that poultry is safe to eat only when its juices run clear, when the meat is no longer pink, and when it registers at least 165° in the thickest part of the thigh. But of those, only temperature is the real indicator of a fully-cooked chicken. The USDA says that as long as all parts of the chicken have reached a minimum internal temperature of 165°, it is safe to eat. Color does not indicate doneness.
The USDA further explains that even fully cooked poultry can sometimes show a pinkish tinge in the meat and juices. This is particularly true of young chickens whose bones and skin are still very permeable. Pigment in the bone marrow can color the surrounding tissue and make the bones themselves look very dark. Hemoglobin in the muscles can likewise react with air during cooking to give the meat a pinkish color even after cooking. The chicken’s feed and whether it’s been frozen can also affect the final color.

I think the lesson here is to do your own research before relying on someone else's review to form opinions. I did not see the video and I am sure there are valid points in the video but I also know that looking at a menu from a French restaurant I would probably not want to try it as it is not the type of dishes that I would like.

The other thing he mentioned was that it is slow cooked at a lower temperature for many hours (he gave the number, I just cant remember.) I also told him I was glad we got in for brunch since pigeon did not sound appetizing. He responded, "Don't worry if there is something that does not appeal to you, we will make magic happen."

What bugs me is when they say about the "two Michelin starred chef". Well actually Michelin Stars are awarded to a restaurant, not a chef. Includes everything from decor to ambience and yes the food plays a big part of it, but its not the Chef that has the stars.
Coming in part from France, where the Michelin rating system is based and is ubiquitous in media, that is not exact. Tradition makes it that the Chef ‘owns’ the stars their restaurants are awarded. They are in fact responsible for all aspects of the experience, including reservation, service, decor and food. Therefore, a Chef is labeled with the total number of stars their entire lineup of restaurants are awarded.

For example, Joel Robuchon has more than 30 stars across 12 restaurants, Alain Ducasse has 21 stars and Gordon Ramsay has 16 stars across about 20 restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter