Empty pocket rides?

kitkat4622

DIS Veteran
What rides can you absolutely bring nothing on with you? I saw FJ which I want to ride but not sure if this was one of the rides.

Incredible Hulk, Rip Ride Rockit & Velocicoaster require you to go thru metal detectors so absolutely nothing in pockets - only a lanyard to tuck in your shirt - is allowed.

Several other rides have a "no loose items" rule including FJ. You can wear a 3 prong waist pack but anything else will need to go in the lockers provided at each ride.

What rides can you absolutely bring nothing on with you? I saw FJ which I want to ride but not sure if this was one of the rides.
They loosened up the requirements of FJ a few years ago. I am now told I can keep my small-ish (maybe 8 inch x 8 inch?) crossbody purse on that one. It just has to be shoved to my side so the overhead restraint can come down.

Ok, I am so used to Disney where I can take my bag on most rides. My son has an Epi-Pen, so we need to carry a small bag for his meds. If I do the fanny pack, will I be able to take that on most rides?

Ok, I am so used to Disney where I can take my bag on most rides. My son has an Epi-Pen, so we need to carry a small bag for his meds. If I do the fanny pack, will I be able to take that on most rides?

Epi-pens can’t go on the coasters with metal detectors. There is a set of medical lockers at the load/unload area to use while on the ride. All attractions that require lockers for bags also have a set of medical lockers. You don’t have to carry the pens on any attraction and can just use the locker.

Epi-pens can’t go on the coasters with metal detectors. There is a set of medical lockers at the load/unload area to use while on the ride. All attractions that require lockers for bags also have a set of medical lockers. You don’t have to carry the pens on any attraction and can just use the locker.

We have only been to Universal a few times, but I did not know about the medical lockers. We will have to look for them!

That's good to know. Where are the medical lockers? Are they past the metal detectors or before?

We have only been to Universal a few times, but I did not know about the medical lockers. We will have to look for them!
Same never knew about those, but good to know if needed.
Velocicoaster has a good set up though too where you don't actually get to the lockers until you are near the end of the queue so you are only without your stuff for about the last 5-10 minutes (including ride time).

The lockers are not a big deal. Don't worry about them and enjoy your trip. I carry the same small crossbody bag to the parks that I use in my day to day life and I have never had a problem fitting it into the lockers at Universal.

The lockers are not a big deal. Don't worry about them and enjoy your trip. I carry the same small crossbody bag to the parks that I use in my day to day life and I have never had a problem fitting it into the lockers at Universal.

I don't like not having his Epi pen on me at all times when out in public. If someone is eating something he is allergic to in line and he is exposed, I need his Epi pen right then and there. I wouldn't have time to get back to the lockers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!