Emergency laundry help

mom2elal

DIS Veteran
We are currently staying at the DoubleTree Suites Disney Springs and we just found out that the laundry facilities are out of order at our hotel and they don't offer laundry services on the weekend. Yds is about to run out of clothes. Looking on Yelp, the closest laundromats appear to be 20 minutes away.

Does anyone know of a laundromat in the more immediate area? TIA!

Last edited:
No help to offer, but wanted to say I hope they’re going to have the facilities back up soon. We’ll be there a week from tomorrow and were also planning to do a load or two mid-trip.

Do any of the Disney resorts require magic band to enter the laundromat area? If not, maybe you can go there? Or try another Disney springs hotel?

There's always washing some clothes in the sink and tub. Great vacation fun! (Not)

I would just drive the 20 minutes. If you can't use the facilities in your hotel and have to leave to go elsewhere, it won't matter much. At least at a laundromat you can knock out all your laundry at once using multiple machines.

I would complain to the manager about the time lost of vacation. Perhaps they can give you a meal voucher or something that will save you some time and money elsewhere.

Both the Best Western Disney Springs across the street and the B Resort and Spa have guest laundry facilities. I'm not sure the location in the Best Western, but the B Resort and Spa website says:

"For your convenience, we have a 24-hour laundry facility on the property. Laundry facilities are located behind the hot tub area and are $4.00 per washer or dryer load."
https://www.bhotelsandresorts.com/b-resort-and-spa/amenities
I'm not sure if a key card is necessary to access the area. It's only a 3 or 4 minute walk over to the B Resort (it's on the same side of the street as the DoubleTree Suites). If it's open access, I wouldn't hesitate to use the facility.

If you can't access that facility, ask the DoubleTree Front Desk to call down to the Hilton Lake Buena Vista to arrange for you to use their laundry. The DoubleTree and Hilton operate under the same hotel group, so it would be natural for those two properties to help each other out.

Or, just ask the DoubleTree Front Desk to call the B Resort and Spa or the Best Western. I worked for many years in hotels. In one hotel in which I worked, our biggest competitor was directly across the street. Despite being competitors, it wasn't unusual for one hotel to help out the other one.

Definitely speak to the Front Desk (ask for a manager if necessary) and request to use the laundry facilities at another nearby Hilton-operated property such as Hilton LBV or Hilton BVP.

Mom2elel, glad they got it fixed and you were able to do your laundry at your own hotel.
We will at the Doubletree in 12 days! I am so excited!
Can I ask, where is the laundry room located? I hope its close to the pool area so we can do a couple loads while we are swimming and relaxing at the pool.
Hope you are enjoying the Doubletree! This will be our first time there and I've heard good things about it.

Both the Best Western Disney Springs across the street and the B Resort and Spa have guest laundry facilities. I'm not sure the location in the Best Western, but the B Resort and Spa website says:

"For your convenience, we have a 24-hour laundry facility on the property. Laundry facilities are located behind the hot tub area and are $4.00 per washer or dryer load."
https://www.bhotelsandresorts.com/b-resort-and-spa/amenities
I'm not sure if a key card is necessary to access the area. It's only a 3 or 4 minute walk over to the B Resort (it's on the same side of the street as the DoubleTree Suites). If it's open access, I wouldn't hesitate to use the facility.

If you can't access that facility, ask the DoubleTree Front Desk to call down to the Hilton Lake Buena Vista to arrange for you to use their laundry. The DoubleTree and Hilton operate under the same hotel group, so it would be natural for those two properties to help each other out.

Or, just ask the DoubleTree Front Desk to call the B Resort and Spa or the Best Western. I worked for many years in hotels. In one hotel in which I worked, our biggest competitor was directly across the street. Despite being competitors, it wasn't unusual for one hotel to help out the other one.

Holiday inn has laundry too also close and also IHG owned

Can I ask, where is the laundry room located? I hope its close to the pool area so we can do a couple loads while we are swimming and relaxing at the pool.

The laundry room is located off the main elevator lobby on the top floor of the hotel. So, it's not near the pool...but the entire property is compact. It's probably a 4 or 5 minutes trip, including waiting for and riding the elevator.

Holiday inn has laundry too also close and also IHG owned

That's a different hotel group. So other than geography, there's no connection between the DoubleTree Suites Lake Buena Vista and the Holiday Inn Disney Springs.

InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) includes: InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites

Hilton Hotels and Resorts includes: Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, Hilton, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites

Sorry I forgot to update sooner. Crisis averted! The laundry ended up getting fixed on Saturday and we were able to do it at our hotel. Thanks for the help!!

So glad they got it fixed in time for you to use it! I’m looking forward to being able to do a couple of loads next week also. How many washers & dryers are there? And are they coin operated? Or accept cards? Thank you!

So glad they got it fixed in time for you to use it! I’m looking forward to being able to do a couple of loads next week also. How many washers & dryers are there? And are they coin operated? Or accept cards? Thank you!
I believe there were six of each. The machines took cards but the soap dispenser took quarters. I bought a bottle of detergent from the store downstairs.

I believe there were six of each. The machines took cards but the soap dispenser took quarters. I bought a bottle of detergent from the store downstairs.

Thank you! I was planning to bring detergent pods from home also

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter