• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Embossed Disney 3pc Luggage $120+ off!!!!

tiggspring

DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm d
Was looking at buying the hardsided Embossed Disney luggage for are Dream cruise. Finally has the money to purchase so looked around for the best price eventhough I have never seen them on sale.

Most stores were sold out or on back order which makes me think they are discontinuing this set. The price for the 3 pieces has always been 380. Now one store caught my eye had it for 379 but it was a shoe store...odd I know. Checked them out and they are BBB endorsed and have good customer ratings it was then that I noticed a January sale on EVERYTHING. So that brought the price to $303 Great I thought. :cool1::cool1:Then double checked Upromise and they give 10percent back.:cheer2::cheer2: Well then in check out I was asked to join the site for free. I thought ok, it should make traking the order easier. Upon checkout members got a 15% discount or another $15.20 off!!! :dance3: Oh and shipping is FREE:thumbsup2

In short Luggage was 379.95
BLOWOUT code -75.99
new member 15% -15.20
total 288.76
10% upromise -28.87

my cost 259.8:woohoo:

Here is link (dont know how long sale will be)
http://www.shoebuy.com/disney-by-heys-embossed-faces-3-piece-spinner-set/437712/931644

I got Donald and Minnie at TJMaxx. The cashier said they only got 1 set, and a lady bought only Mickey. About 5 months later, I got lucky and found a Mickey there. Now I have the whole set! I love them! :lovestruc

Thanks, for posting this one question before I order it how sturdy is it?

Does it get really banged up from the airlines??

Hard sided luggage is pretty sturdy, but it will get very banged up in a very short amount of time when you fly it as checked luggage, and 1 flight is all it will take.

THanks OP! I've wanted this luggage for a year but it's been out of stock everywhere. I even had an Amazon third party seller cancel my order last Summer since it was out of stock.

I just ordered the set and FYI, ebates offers an 8.5% rebate when ordering through shoebuy.com

Thanks for the promo code!

Thanks for posting. I missed seeing these before. They are so cute and it sounds like you got a great deal!

:thumbsup2

Now one store caught my eye had it for 379 but it was a shoe store...odd I know. Checked them out and they are BBB endorsed and have good customer ratings

I have bought many (many, many ;)) times from Shoebuy - they send coupons and codes all the time!

I asked on another board but got no replies. I did however find some ratings for hardsided luggage from heys on several ratings/shopping sites. All their hardsided luggage got good reviews. One looks just like the Mickey set just with plain silver frount. Looks like thery are made in the USA but not completely certain of that. They are a US company.

Hope this helps. Think the sale is a January selloff so it should still be going on.

Good Luck!

Shoebuy is a great company I have ordered from many times. Heys is also a great brand of luggage. The one thing you could have issues with is the wheels on the luggage. I won't buy the wheels that the luggage has to use on an air trip because it is very common to have the wheels that stick out from the luggage knocked completely off or bent. I had it happen with a piece of luggage like that the first time I used it on AA. The wheel came completely off leaving a gaping hole in the luggage and the airline said too bad so sad so I had to throw it away and buy a new piece with recessed wheels. HTH

I would not put this luggage through airlines you will have black marks everywhere it will look pretty old very soon. I only use mine when we drive there. If it was a darker color maybe.

TJ Max has been getting these pieces. Big ones 90 or 100, little ones are 60 or 70 I think.

Truthfully the reason I haven't gotten them is they are not going to stay all pretty for long. They scratch really easy and the plastic tub is not that thick.

You should also know that the largest piece is considered oversized luggage by airlines and will incur an additional, possibly hefty, fee.

I just saw this luggage at Marshals last week. Don't remember what the price was.
As PP mentioned the larger piece is oversized and will cost an additional fee. Not to mention if you have to pay a normal baggage fee, then a fee because it is oversized and because it is a larger piece of luggage you will probably put more in it so you will have to pay a fee because it is over weight. So in the end you could wind up paying 3 seperate luggage fees going down and come home from your trip. So I would rethink purchasing this luggage. It may end up costing you some serious $$$$$ just to transport the big bag.

It may end up costing you some serious $$$$$ just to transport the big bag.

This.

My sister in law recently must of flown half of her closet in her checked bag, it was oversized by quite a substantial amount, along with being overweight by 6 pounds. The price tag each way was $150. Add to that the bag will look less than stellar after 1 trip.

I'm soooooo disapointed. Got email a week ago saying my order was canceled because manuacture was out of stock. Looks like they are no longer made.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter