"Elephant" is So Good !

Are there any sad parts? Since watching the snow leopard's ending in Born In China...which I did not expect and was bawling in the theaters, I'm nervous about watching Disneynature's documentaries now lol. I know it's the circle of life but I still get so invested in their stories.

I've been watching a lot of the old and new nature documentaries on Dis+ lately and that one is on my watchlist.

Are there any sad parts? Since watching the snow leopard's ending in Born In China...which I did not expect and was bawling in the theaters, I'm nervous about watching Disneynature's documentaries now lol. I know it's the circle of life but I still get so invested in their stories.
I completely understand. I was shocked too. Just made me wonder how the cubs fared afterwards. Made me sad.

Yep - no gross maulings by other predators, but one sad part - basically look at it as the "circle of life"
That's what I did w my little ones, but they understood and were fine

I completely understand. I was shocked too. Just made me wonder how the cubs fared afterwards. Made me sad.

I actually tried looking it up and they said they didn't rescue the cubs because it was a part of nature. They were at the age where they could've made it but they do not know for sure.

Yep - no gross maulings by other predators, but one sad part - basically look at it as the "circle of life"
That's what I did w my little ones, but they understood and were fine

Oh no...that's what I was afraid of. I might just have to watch Dolphin Reef only for now.

Real!y need to be in Harambe right now !

we enjoyed the movie, but even better was the documentary of how they filmed it. It’s called in the Footsteps of Elephant and is also on Disney+. I enjoy the nature documentaries, but the anthropomorphizing narration is sometimes annoying.

The Chinese director of the film was able to get in contact with the Rangers in that particular region of China. The Cubs were seen later on appearing to be healthy. Whether they survive long-term, who knows, but they were able to survive after the death of their mother. https://www.cinemablend.com/news/1696789/what-happened-to-the-snow-leopards-after-born-in-china

"Penguins" is very good too, but more on the cute side - found the parts in "Elephant" where they used their memory recall to be absolutely fascinating!

So glad you asked this question... and your comment about Born in China... it WAS on my watch list, but not anymore!

In place of Elephant, I'm watching the documentary "In The Footsteps Of Elephant" which is all about how the crew shot the film. Very interesting!

Reactions: GAN
I enjoyed it, but there was far too much narration. An excellent musical score would have been better. The personification was annoying too. No one knows what any of the elephants are thinking! Elephants are amazing animals and there is no need to personify them. The footage was incredible though. I didn’t know there was a making-of, I’ll check that out soon.

I enjoyed it, but there was far too much narration. An excellent musical score would have been better. The personification was annoying too. No one knows what any of the elephants are thinking! Elephants are amazing animals and there is no need to personify them. The footage was incredible though. I didn’t know there was a making-of, I’ll check that out soon.

I totally agree about the narration.

My favorite part of the footage was when they showed the trails created over the centuries by the elephants. Really amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter