Electric Bikes Now Banned At The Fort

I’m at the Fort now and see lots of electric bikes riding around, including me on mine. No notices or conversation from the CMs about any ban.

1675907720695.png

giphy.gif

So much confusion here. Some of these things seem so petty and drops in the bucket of unsafe/annoying things that are far overshadowed by other issues brought up here on the regular.

Heh… just another written rule in case it’s needed for something legal… otherwise it’s just a “maybe sometimes, perhaps if someone feels like it for some crazy silly I feel like saying something today” occasionally mentioned or gently reminded enforced rule… maybe. Keep enjoying your e-bikes 😁

Edit to add that I am not promoting rule breaking, just making a statement about Fort and rules… lol. I personally have no issue with e -bikes (or anything else remotely in this vein) when used safely/properly/with respect.

My understanding is that many places are banning E-bikes since some newer models have enough power and speed to be defined as motorcycles.

I hear about this 2 weeks ago but nothing on Disb.
I wondered why more were upset. I have no opinion since I don't camp.

Electric scooters are my camping vehical of choice. They take up less room then bikes and allow us not to rent an 80$ a day golf cart. For a ten day stay the 800 is better spent twords entry tickets. I dont really see the diffrence between them and bikes as long as you stay at a reasonable speed.

Electric scooters are my camping vehical of choice. They take up less room than bikes and allow us not to rent an 80$ a day golf cart. For a ten day stay the 800 is better spent twords entry tickets. I dont really see the diffrence between them and bikes as long as you stay at a reasonable speed.
Im not suggesting rule breaking… lol… but I imagine if used at reasonable speed and properly (as you would do), you won’t hear a word about it.

View attachment 738512

giphy.gif

So much confusion here. Some of these things seem so petty and drops in the bucket of unsafe/annoying things that are far overshadowed by other issues brought up here on the regular.
Disney needs to clarify one device, "Training wheels and/or modifications are not permitted." Does this mean a young child who has training wheels on their bicycle cannot ride it at The Fort? Perhaps they might be able to on the sidewalks but not a road?

A kid was badly hurt at my friend's Airbnb with a hoverboard in the parking lot. Kids can be menaces on those things.

E-bike batteries have been fire hazards recently and my friend’s 12yo daughter died two years ago in an e-bike accident (wearing a helmet btw). I think this makes sense—they can go very fast (I have to dodge delivery drives on them in the city all the time). The “reasonable speed” posts miss that that’s hard to monitor—safer and easier on CMs to just have a blanket rule against them

We saw a guy walking his dog with a Segway every day, guess it would include those too?
Segways were already not allowed - this language was put in years ago to address them. Because they didn’t stay standing up unless they were going, people were adding modifications to keep them up
  • Wheeled mobility devices with less than 3 wheels or devices that cannot maintain stability when stopped, unpowered and/or unoccupied. Training wheels and/or modifications are not permitted.
Disney needs to clarify one device, "Training wheels and/or modifications are not permitted." Does this mean a young child who has training wheels on their bicycle cannot ride it at The Fort? Perhaps they might be able to on the sidewalks but not a road?
That language was originally aimed at things people were adding to Segways

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts