• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Edinburgh to Orlando - our holiday was "awesome!!" (did I say it right??)!!! (+pics)

Yes...I want to meet the stepsisters and stepmother too! They look great! And that snake...ooohhh I hope that is all we will be hearing from them! Yuck!:eek:

Just got caught up with your TR and it sounds like you're having a great time! ;) The girls looked adorable in their costumes and your older daughter looked so cute after her appt. with BBB!:thumbsup2 Sea World looked like a lot of fun and your dinner at the CG looked delicious and so magical. That is our favorite spot to have dinner at WDW. The view is like none other and we just love when they pipe the music from Wishes in during dinner. That snake would have had me freaking out! I've heard there are snakes in Florida but I've personally never seen one and that would have had me running for the hills.:scared1: Hurry back with more.:)

Hi there,
Caught your post on another TR and it caught my eye as I'm from Scotland too...always nice to catch up with a fellow Scot!
Your TR is great and your girls are lovely. You sound like you had a fab time - although the snake !!!!!! :scared1: I would have been too scared to move - I hate snakes!!!
The photos of the dinner at 1900 PF were great - we went last trip but the step sister and step mother weren't part of it, it was two of the mice. Though the Prince was pretty tasty!
DE was being awkward and saying she didn’t want to see it as she thought it was going to be too scary. I must admit to being pretty annoyed with her this morning as all she was willing to do without a fuss is what she wanted to do. We had a little discussion about how everyone is on holiday and she has to play the game a little bit.
Glad to know I'm not the only one who has these talks, they're a regular occurence with my kids!
Can't wait to read more!
Bye
Diane x :donald:

I'm loving your report! Your girls are adorable! the youngest in her tinkerbelle costume is one of the cutest things I've ever seen!

If I had to deal with snakes outside my room I would be a neurotic mess!:scared:

Well today is not a happy day as it is the day that Granny and Grandad go home. :sad2: :sad2: They have been here for 2 weeks now and have had an amazing time. They had a great few days on their own before we arrived and they both agree it has been the best holiday they have ever had. However, I am sure they could easily stay for another week with us.

We started the day in the pool – splashing around and having a great time. Granny and Grandad packed the last of their stuff and enjoyed their last morning.

At lunchtime we went to DownTown Disney as Granny wanted a last look round the World of Disney store. She spent the last of her dollars and got the girls a lovely present each. Lunch was from the Earl of Sandwich which was great. Never eaten there before but would totally recommend it. I had a chicken Caesar wrap and it was lovely and fresh.

So with heavy hearts we made our way to the airport. We did a drop off and we were getting a bit emotional. Mum was in tears which was making me feel like having a cry. :sad: :sad: :sad: Silly really as we would be home in a week – but I think that Mum would have loved to stay longer. She loves seeing the girls enjoy their holiday and sharing the different experiences with them. Anyway – all that done and lots of joking in the car to make the girls smile we went to the Florida Mall to spoil them a little.

DE decided that she would love to have her ears pierced. She wavered a bit when she thought of the process but I left it up to her and she went ahead. She chose really small studs which actually look lovely on her. She thinks they are diamonds!!! I’m not going to spoil it by telling her they are not! She was going to do it on her 7th birthday in September but I suppose she can always say she got her ears pierced in the States. We spent too much money in the Mall but did enjoy it!!!! I spent ages in Sephora buying Benefit make up as it was half the price of what it is here. Also I found a shop which sold Pandora charms for my bracelet so i bought a couple of lovely charms. Before leaving we had a bite to eat. I had been looking forward to this as last time I had Bourbon Chicken in the Florida Mall and it was so tasty. I had some again and it was just as I remembered it. Mmmmmmmmmmmm !

We had a deadline to get home by! Camp Rock was premiering on the Disney Channel and DE was desperate to see it. She got on the sofa with a quilt and pillow – very cosy – and a snack and a drink and watched her film. She loved it and also very excited as it is not out yet at home. They have just started to advertise it here – but just says coming soon. The date for premiere here is the 19th September.

So the end of the day was great but we did have a thought for Granny and Grandad flying across the Atlantic to a rainy and cold Scotland. Not a nice thought. Yup – cold. We have not yet had our summer – we are waiting with lots of hope though. Last year it passed by with very few nice days – hoping for better this year. I had 5 weeks unpaid leave planned to cover the school holidays and last year all it did was rain. And this year? A few nice days but mostly rotten weather. Typical.

Tomorrow was DE’s choice of where to go. It doesn’t take a genius to figure out where we went…… !!! :rotfl: :banana:

You guessed it – the Magic Kingdom again!!! :banana: :banana: For some reason everyone seems happiest in the Magic Kingdom. It will always be my favourite park and think the girls love it best too. There is just so much to see and do.

We started this time in Adventureland while DH got fast passes for Space Mountain. We rode the Flying Carpets of Aladdin which was great fun. There was no queue and so when we were done DH had arrived and took DE on for another ride. We went to Jungle Cruise and our skipper was very good. Love the corniness of this ride. :rotfl:

P1030377.jpg

P1030401.jpg

I am sure this will be no surprise but we had another ride (or two!) on the Carousel and then a play in the Hundred Acre Wood playground. The girls loved it here – a good chance to run off some energy. They especially loved ringing Pooh’s bell!!! DH went off to get some ice cream and the girls spotted Darby, Pooh and Tigger coming their way. We got in line and the girls had pictures with them. DH came back just in time and we all sat and shared some ice cream.

P1030424.jpg

Into ToonTown after that and the rain started very lightly. DE and I were in the line for the Barnstormer but as we got to the front it was closed due to lightening. Sure enough it did get very heavy so we hid for a while in the shop. We had a wander through Mickey’s House and then thought we would wait to meet him. No luck – the line was horrendous. The rain was letting up anyway so we decided not to wait.

Then it was time for Space Mountain. It would be DE’s first time – she was too small the last time. Off she went with Daddy full of excitement. She hated it! Totally!!! Tears and everything when she came out. Not good! I rode by myself and actually could see why. It is very jerky. Lesson learned!

DK loved riding the Tomorrowland Transit Authority and when we went through space mountain we actually saw DH and DE getting in their rocket. She looked fine at that point!

P1030443.jpg

Today was the day too that DE started to trade her pins properly. My Aunt had bought her a lanyard and some pins to go on it but she was not keen to trade them. After trading one she was a kid on a mission and decided which set she wanted to collect. I think that it is a great idea for kids. DE traded only with cast members and she loved it. It is such a good idea. Kids know they can approach them and ask them to swap. A CM at a pin trading stall gave her a Sharing the Magic pin as a gift which had Tinkerbell on it. She in return gave her a special Scotland Flag pin she had brought to give to CMs who were especially helpful or kind. The CM loved her gift so everyone left happy. Of course she ended up persuading DH to buy her some extra ones!!! We have mounted them in a frame now to put on her wall. A great way to display them when you get home.

P1030458.jpg

P1030465.jpg

We did bits and bobs and then headed out. We were able to ride in the front of the monorail as the monorail was so very quiet. Howevere by this stage it was rainging and you couldn’t see a thing out of the window. Those things should have window wipers!!!!! It was odd watching the girl drive not being able to see. She assured me it was done by computer so it was fine.

The plan was to return to DownTown Disney tonight to let DE take part in the dancing. The DJ had started when we got there but there was plenty of seats. We got ourselves settled and DE joined in. Both DH and I were dragged up at some point and even DK threw a few shapes on the dancefloor!!!!!! It was a great night – we all enjoyed it. Of course we could not leave without a few rides on the Carousel!!!!!! (do you see a theme here??!!) and DK insisted on having her pics taken with the plastic characters in the pin shop while DH and DE looked at the pins.

DE in the green dress.
P1030490.jpg

Now this will probably come as a shock to anyone in the US reading this. We had never eaten a pretzel!!!!!!! So tonight was the night. I had tried little hard pretzel type things at home (yuk!) but not these huge round soft things. We bought one with cinnamon sugar on it. It was amazing!!!! We all fought over it!!!! How had we never tried one before????? Not too good for the waistline mind you! A new obsession is born!

Great updates! Magic Kingdom is becoming my favorite park also.

I bet that was sad leaving your parents at the airport. I know I would be teary-eyed also.

Cute updates!

I love Magic Kingdom also! I'm glad you enjoyed your first ever soft pretzel. A cinnamon one was a good choice!

Cute updates!

I love Magic Kingdom also! I'm glad you enjoyed your first ever soft pretzel. A cinnamon one was a good choice!

OMG so there are more flavours???? Didn't know that!!! Need to try then all next time. They are soooo good! Is there one with icing (I think Americans call it frosting?) on it That would be delicious!

OMG so there are more flavours???? Didn't know that!!! Need to try then all next time. They are soooo good! Is there one with icing (I think Americans call it frosting?) on it That would be delicious!

Definitely they have ones with icing. (I think icing and frosting might be regional in the US - I call it icing!) They have all kinds of flavors and then you can add different dips! I had a cinnamon pretzel with a chocolate dip before...so good! My favorite is a plain pretzel with cheese dip, though.

Here's only a few different choices:
http://www.auntieannes.com/pretzels.aspx

There's another chain that sells more but I can't think of the name of it right now. Maybe somebody else can help out. I don't actually eat them that often, but they are really good!

Soft pretzels are delicious!!! I love the pretzel with the raisins and white icing on it.;) Can't wait to hear more.;)

The plan for the day – a trip to the beach!!!! The destination is Clearwater beach and we are really looking forward to it. We eventually get out the villa and head off. As we approach Tampa we drive right into the most horrendous thunder and lightening storm. The rain is lashing down and I end up driving at 20mph with hazard lights on as I just could not see where the road was. It was really bad. :mad: Of course we were wondering what on earth we were doing going to the beach but we kept on hoping it would pass.

Thankfully by the time we get to the beach it is glorious sunshine. Blue sky and it is so beautiful. The girls have sunsuits on so I make sure they are covered in sunblock in the bits that are sticking out! We do ourselves and we are good to go. We take the bucket and spade that was in the villa and trek down to the beach. It was stunning. White sand and blue sea – gorgeous.

d8c2979a.jpg

2b160905.jpg

f2a64375.jpg

19602e4c.jpg

Biggest shock of the day was the temperature of the sea. As I stepped in I braced myself but it was lovely and warm. You have to understand that we go to St Andrews regularly and I spent a lot of time there as that is where I was at University so we are used to the sea there. You only really paddle it is so cold. Your feet actually go numb and turn a funny colour. The water feels like it is almost at freezing point. No kidding. Eventually you lose feeling in your feet so can paddle for a while. :eek: :eek: The North Sea and the Gulf of Mexico do not really have a lot in common. :rotfl: So it was lovely and warm and relaxing! We played on the beach for about an hour and a half before calling it a day due to the heat. We wandered back to the car and due to it having tinted windows changed in the back!!! I was a bit concerned about this but after circling the car 360 degrees when DH was changing I was satisfied noone could see in. ;) Needless to say there was sand a little bits of shell everywhere!

Our tummies were calling so we went to a lovely little diner for something to eat before driving back home.

As we were leaving Clearwater we could see a really bad storm approaching. It was right behind us most of the way home but thankfully we were not caught in it.

b20df793.jpg

5c83c004.jpg

On the journey which was about an hour and a half DH noticed that I seemed to be changing colour. I was getting redder and redder by the minute. I could feel my skin tightening and I knew it was bad. :mad: By the time I checked the mirror I got a shock. My arms were bad but my back was horrific. I can only think that as I was spraying the sunblock on the wind was stopping it from landing properly on my skin as I did apply it. DH had a laugh and insinuated that I didn’t put any on on purpose to get some colour (which is ridiculous as I don’t get a tan – ever!!). He was convinced of this until he saw his back which was the same. :rotfl: That’s is the only thing we can think of as to why we burned. We were well covered and didn’t get a hint of red any other day. I suppose with the wind and the dry heat you maybe don’t feel it as much at the coast. Thankfully both girls were absolutely fine and had no red at all. I applied their sunblock at the car though so I am grateful for that. We had to got o the pharmacy and get some of the solacaine gel. That helped a bit.

A trip to the Outback for dinner finished off the day and another couple of Wallaby Darned cocktails – loving the Happy Hour!!!! These are amazing and I would recommend anyone to try one – especially when they are 2 for 1!!! It numbed the pain of the burn!!!!! ( a little………… ) :drinking1 (except a lovely shade of champagne peachy pink!)

Oh and wee bit of exciting news! My lovely DH has decided that we shouldn't wait another 3 ears to go back - we have just booked flights for the end of June next year!!!! :goofy: :mickeyjum :donald:

So excited!!!!!!! We will still do a big trip in 2011 but this will be a bonus one!!

One of the days DE has been looking forward to. She used some birthday money to pay for a Pirate Adventure at the Grand Floridian. I learned about this activity on another forum and though she would love it. I wondered if it would be just little boys but in actual fact it was about 50:50 split. We arrive at the hotel with pretty much no time to spare so had to valet park. The trip meets at the marina so we literally run through the GF to get there in time. We arrive and DE goes with a Cast Member to get organised. They get a life jacket to wear and also a bandana with Mickey Ears on it to put on. They all looked very cute!

fbe1cc46.jpg

8caece82.jpg

bfa3de70.jpg

111ba5ef.jpg

All the kids gathered and then made their way onto the Pirate Ship after getting a buddy. It was a great little boat. Very well decorated to look like a real pirate ship - complete with the Jolly Roger! They practiced their “aaarrrrhhhh”s and off they sailed! We could hear them yelling it at other boats as they went out! Madness!

b724c020.jpg

1b2b638a.jpg

DH, DK and I went to the monorail and and headed for the Magic Kingdom. On the monorail we could see the pirate ship sailing about the lagoon.

088719c7.jpg

4bd82024.jpg

We had decided to go to the Main Street Bakery for something for breakfast. DH had the Cherry pie which he loved last time. DK and I shared a cupcake and a box of strawberries. Yummy. We got an outside table on Main Street and watched the world go by. I love people watching on Main Street. Thinking about the other people having their own special holidays, wondering if they too had spent time planning, maybe on the dis?, and what their stories are.

8a1447cc.jpg

a18bd572.jpg

Before we know it its time to go back and collect our little pirate. We took the boat back which was lovely. I love the GF - its such a pretty resort.

654b11f9.jpg

53135169.jpg

And who wouldn't want to get married here.....

097742a9.jpg

We got back with time to spare and chatted with another Mum waiting for her 2 kids to come back. A boatful of pirates returned making a lot of noise and it is clear they have had a great time. It seems that they have been finding pieces of a treasure map and looking for the chest. One of the cast members decided to steal the chest but they left her on an island. She managed to get a speedboat and she came back. After forgiving her they brought back the treasure chest. During this time they had a lunch on the beach (PB&J sandwiches, goldfish crackers and a juice box). When the boat docked they opened the chest and found a little treasure bag for each of them containing beads, rings, a telescope, etc. They also got to keep their ears.

9aa3e066.jpg

DE loved this trip and it was relatively inexpensive so big thumbs up for this one. You need to book obviously but DE really enjoyed the fact that she got to do this on her own and be independent. Many parents who put all their kids into this activity were especially excited about having 2 hours to themselves – child free!!! I could see their point. Maybe next time when DK will be old enough we will do the same. DK has really missed her sister and is pleased to see her. DE shard her loot bag with her so that was really sweet.

After nearly being convinced to listen to the DVC presentation – we would have bought I am sure – how good does it sound? – we went to DownTown Disney again to collect the Christmas decorations we were getting personalised. They were lovely. We have one from very trip for DE and this is DK’s first one. We also bought one for my Godson who would be 2 the next day. He is Mickey daft and its so lovely to keep. They were supposed to be coming but circumstances meant they were unable which was sad. They have never been before but maybe they will be bale to come on another trip.

Very quiet after that – a bit of a swim and some chill time round the pool. A lull before the last few days when we go mad trying to fit everything in!!!!

Hey, you were in my neck of the woods. Now you know how far of a drive I have to WDW! Sorry you got sunburned. I always manage to do that. Love the pics!

I have wondered about the Pirate Cruise for our Jacob. He would probably enjoy it.

Oh, you get to come back next June!:banana:

Hey, you were in my neck of the woods. Now you know how far of a drive I have to WDW! Sorry you got sunburned. I always manage to do that. Love the pics!

I have wondered about the Pirate Cruise for our Jacob. He would probably enjoy it.

Oh, you get to come back next June!:banana:

Jacob would love it! i thought it was really good value too for what they get.

I am sooooooo excited about June. Was getting depressed at the thought of having to wait another 3 years!

Oh and wee bit of exciting news! My lovely DH has decided that we shouldn't wait another 3 ears to go back - we have just booked flights for the end of June next year!!!! :goofy: :mickeyjum :donald:

So excited!!!!!!! We will still do a big trip in 2011 but this will be a bonus one!!

Woohoo that is great news.

Scotsminnie -

If there is a next time you get a sunburn (LOL) get some regular grocery store Vinegar. Slap that on your burn and the pain is gone! Yip, you don't smell very good, but at least you aren't in pain!

Enjoying your TR!

Kim
:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter