Edinburgh to Orlando - our holiday was "awesome!!" (did I say it right??)!!! (+pics)

Scotsminnie -

If there is a next time you get a sunburn (LOL) get some regular grocery store Vinegar. Slap that on your burn and the pain is gone! Yip, you don't smell very good, but at least you aren't in pain!

Enjoying your TR!

Kim
:banana:

Thanks for the tip - I will remember that one. I wouldn't have cared aboutt he smell. It was agony. And the heat coming off it would have kept a small arctic country warm for a whole winter!

Not fun!

I never plan to make that mistake again. (although I'm sure I've said that before!!!)

Beautiful pictures! The pictures of the storm behind you when you left the beach were pretty eery looking!!! Glad the weather turned out so nice for you but hope your sunburn didn't bother you too much. I loved the pirate cruise DD took. It looked like a lot of fun for kids. Sorry your TR is coming to an end.

I am loving your TR, I MUST start my very own, been back one week today and I am feeling thoroughly depressed! More than anything because we don't ever seem to have a summer of our own any more? :sad2:

I totally freaked at the photos of your villa visitor (wow, thought I was brave with a couple of cockroaches and a couple of frogs but jeez a snake!! Respect to Grandad for the bucket :scared1: ) we also stayed off site at a beautiful villa in Formosa Gardens. Where were you staying at??

I'm also hearing you about the North Sea thing, we live a mile from the coast here in the North East and I can confirm the purple toes comment, a world away from the beautiful Gulf Coast! :lovestruc

Your photos are absolutely fab, I tend to take dreadful photos but I got a few beautiful ones this trip. The pirate trip looks brilliant (I think I will be keeping that one in mind for our next trip).

I am so pleased for you that you are getting to go back next year :banana:
we are also going back next year (hopefully) we learned some bad news about my neice when we were away, she was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis and we are hoping to raise the money to take her away with us in April. She is SUCH a sweetheart, she is only 2 yrs old and she watched our holiday video in COMPLETE awe! and couldnt believe her presents we brought back for her ("they came all of the way from Cinderella's Castle for me?") Fingers crossed, we will get to make her Disney Dream come true.:tinker:

I look forward to reading the rest of your TR, brilliant so far, looks like you all had a wonderful time!

Loving your trip report!! Can't wait to hear more.

How exciting that you will get to go back next summer!! We will be there the mid of July...just booked the flight today:cool1: :cool1:

Your girls are adorable!!

We will be bringing the light of our lives, our granddaughter, next summer. She will be 2 1/2 and I can't wait to see it thru her eyes like we saw it thru her mother's!!:love:

Hi! I'm really enjoying your trip report. I love how you write about things you do, and your cadence and use of language makes me miss my friends across the ocean (England and Ireland).

I find the same thing happens to me with the spray-on sunscreen. It just doesn't stay put!

Oh, soft pretzels. I love them. Where I live they are plentiful, and you can get them plain - just salt, not butter or sugar - and they are still delicious and, best of all, not a lot of calories. They are what you get on the way home after going for drinks with girlfriends. Perfect no-guilt late night snack.

That's wonderful that you can come again in June! How fun!

I'm glad you had good weather for the beach. It sounds like you had a good time. DBF and I had the same thing happen to us with the wind and spray sunscreen when we were in the Caribbean this summer. I still have lines all over my back from getting sunburned. I;m glad you didn't get cuaght up in that storm that was rolling in. It looked bad!

I'm glad DE enjoyed herself on the pirate cruise. It sounds like fun for the kids!

Today was a Universal day. DH loves the big rides at universal and I am not too keen. On our last trip he went by himself to the 2 universal parks and did all the rides through the single rider queue. This time he didn’t want to go himself so we bought a 1 day 2 park ticket for the 3 of us – DK not needing one.

We set off quite early with a plan. First we were going to go to Islands of Adventure, do the rides there and then have lunch in the Circus McGurcus Café and then head to Universal Studios. We had no idea how long this would take us to do so it was a play it by ear kind of day.

We obviously had to do it with no fast passes. I know you can buy Universal Express passes but I refuse to do so as I think it’s a cheek to ask guests to pay for their fast passes when Disney gives them out for free. This is one of the reasons I don’t like these parks. More will follow!!!!

Anyway we park our car and then set about the 6 mile walk from the car park to the park! Slight exaggeration but with a 2 year old in tow and no stroller – we are going to rent one today – this was a long way in the heat. We get to the entrance to Islands of Adventure and spot the stroller rental. Due to their being as lot of walking we had decided to rent a double stroller today and so DE can perch on the front as we are walking between parks. I get in the line for the strollers with DK and DE and DH go off to ride of Dudley Doright’s Ripsaw Falls. Now I had 4 parties ahead of me and it took 20 mins to get a stroller. Not exactly Disney service. :sad2: So eventually we get our stroller which DK loves! It must be like a little cart or something – anyway there were no arguments about sitting in it which makes a nice change.

We go to the Falls and are there just in time to see DE and DH whizzing by down the big drop – looking very wet. A few minutes later they came running over – completely drenched. They both were soaked to the skin. Never mind – it’s a hot day so they will dry off in no time.

P1030734.jpg

Next on the agenda was the Flying Unicorn which had no line so we rode about 3 times. Good fun but hurts your back as the seats are a strange shape.

P1030741.jpg

DH now wanted to ride on Duelling Dragons – both fire and ice so the girls and I headed for the Dr Seuss part of the park. I love this bit – it’s the only bit I really like. We did the new trolley ride which was fun and of course DK nearly laid an egg (translation – was very excited!!!) to see a Car-seuss-ell. DK loves a carousel! We rode that about 3 times. During one ride a little girl sitting near us refused to put her strap on. The lady who was working the ride told her 3 times before the ride started and she kept taking it off. During the ride she kept telling her to fasten it but she didn’t. When it stopped there was no line so we got another ride but the lady came over and asked the little girl to leave. She was about 10. Her dad was livid as he was a few lines back and didn’t see her do it. It’s the first time I have seen a child being asked to leave a ride!!! Good on the lady though. Her job would have been on the line if anything had happened.

P1030745.jpg

P1030747.jpg

P1030770.jpg

Lunch was a bit of a nightmare. We bought our pizzas and went to find a seat but there were no high chars anywhere. I was sent form one side of the restaurant to the other and eventually I was brought one. You would think they would have plenty considering it is really the only area of the park aimed at the little ones. Grrrrrrrr They are also trying to sell everyone their version of the Disney Dining Plan but you buy it for the day. You can’t use it in both parks though and when you look at it there is no real saving. When we paid it was a bit of a pain that we did not have it and wanted to pay with money. Grrrrrrrr (again!) :sad2:

P1030765.jpg

After seeing some of the Dr Seuss characters and buying v cute Thing1 and Thing 2 tshirts for DE and DK we left for Universal Studios.

P1030781.jpg

Universal was reasonably busy. We had a few objectives in here. DH had rides he really wanted to do and DE and DK wanted to go the Nickolodeon part of the park. DK wanted to see Barney and meet Dora.

Very hot today and just as we got near Barney it was getting ready to open so DK and I waited while DE and DH went to ET and to the other small rides round about. DE obviously had decided that she was too old for Barney and has seen it before anyway. DK loved Barney but didn’t want to meet him afterwards. DE loved ET and has never seen the film so we promised we would get it when we came home. We have since let her watch ET and it was a mistake. She sat and watched it all the way through then at the end she burst into tears and wouldn’t stop. She was distraught because they would never see each other again. She is quite sensitive but I didn’t expect this reaction. Ooops!

DH went off to do his thing and DE, DK and I had a wander about. DK fell asleep and DE and I had some juice and found out where to wait for Dora. We sat down and DK woke up just in time to see her appear. We were first in the line and at the last minute DK didn’t want to go so we got DE’s picture with her. When we moved away she started crying as she wanted to see Dora!!! So we got in line again and the same thing happened. So we are in the line for the 3rd (yes 3rd!) time and thankfully DH appeared so I got in the pic too and she was happy with that. So it was 3rd time lucky.

We had pretty much done everything we wanted to by late afternoon so decided to call it a day. It had been non stop so everyone was tired. So instead of leaving our stroller by the exit to the park we made out that we were park hopping so took it right to the escalator to the car park. There was no way I was carrying DK all that way. Universal really should think that one through.

So not a bad day but I really don’t rate these parks. Maybe its because I am not a fan of big fast rides or maybe its because I have a 2 year old to entertain in a park ( or 2 parks) which in the main are aimed at older teens and adults with a token small kid area. The service is terrible compared to Disney – but again maybe you get spoiled at Disney because the service is just soooo good. I also thought that it was looking a bit tatty. IOA was lovely when new but there didn’t seem to be much done for upkeep. For example the carousel in the Dr Seuss area had chips in the paint of all the animals on it and the paintwork everywhere was looking dirty and was peeling off. I know I probably have a Disney bias!!!!!!!;)

So off we head and decide to stop at the Nike outlet to buy a friend some golf shoes. We notice next door is a surf shop so go in and come out with a pair of Oakley sunglasses each!! Whoops!!! We justified it by saying it was cheaper than at home - ahem!

Next door to there was a Golden Corral. DH not a fan but we were very hungry so went in. The food was actually quite nice but the highlight was a lady sitting at the table behind us on her own. We noticed that she was filling her bag with things from the buffet. She was taking bread rolls and filling them with cold meat and salad, wrapping them in serviettes and stuffing them in her bag. She also was putting in piles of cookies. We were giggling about it and DE wanted to know what we were laughing at so I told her which was a mistake as she is not subtle at all and kept staring at her at laughing. :rotfl: Some people have a real brass neck! (translation – doing something you shouldn’t be doing without getting embarrassed or showing any signs that you are up to no good!)

So we chuckled all the way home to start getting packed.

Thanks for the info on Universal. We haven't made it over there yet, but obviously I will have to research a lot before we do to get the best price. I want to go, but DS doesn't like rollercoasters.:confused3

:rotfl: That is too funny about the lady stealing the food. Can't believe management didn't catch her, or maybe they didn't care. Was she older?

Packing, what is your TR almost over???? Funny, we hate our own vacations to end, but hate others to end also.

We obviously had to do it with no fast passes. I know you can buy Universal Express passes but I refuse to do so as I think it’s a cheek to ask guests to pay for their fast passes when Disney gives them out for free.

This annoys me as well about Universal. Next time I go I think I will stay onsite for the Ultimate "Fast Pass"!

Anyway we park our car and then set about the 6 mile walk from the car park to the park! Slight exaggeration but with a 2 year old in tow and no stroller – we are going to rent one today – this was a long way in the heat.

It is far! I can't imagine doing it with a 2 year old and no stroller!

We go to the Falls and are there just in time to see DE and DH whizzing by down the big drop – looking very wet. A few minutes later they came running over – completely drenched. They both were soaked to the skin. Never mind – it’s a hot day so they will dry off in no time.

P1030734.jpg

Cute picture! That ride does get you soaked.

During one ride a little girl sitting near us refused to put her strap on. The lady who was working the ride told her 3 times before the ride started and she kept taking it off. During the ride she kept telling her to fasten it but she didn’t. When it stopped there was no line so we got another ride but the lady came over and asked the little girl to leave. She was about 10. Her dad was livid as he was a few lines back and didn’t see her do it. It’s the first time I have seen a child being asked to leave a ride!!! Good on the lady though. Her job would have been on the line if anything had happened.

Glad your DD enjoyed the carousel! I can't believe the girl got kicked off the ride! Don't get me wrong - she deserved it, but I'm surprised they actually did it!

So cute!!!

We have since let her watch ET and it was a mistake. She sat and watched it all the way through then at the end she burst into tears and wouldn’t stop. She was distraught because they would never see each other again. She is quite sensitive but I didn’t expect this reaction. Ooops!

Oh no!

When we moved away she started crying as she wanted to see Dora!!! So we got in line again and the same thing happened. So we are in the line for the 3rd (yes 3rd!) time and thankfully DH appeared so I got in the pic too and she was happy with that. So it was 3rd time lucky.

Wow, you're patient! I'm glad she decided to finally get her picture. I guess the third time really is the charm! :rotfl: (Do they have that expression in Scotland?)

So not a bad day but I really don’t rate these parks. Maybe its because I am not a fan of big fast rides or maybe its because I have a 2 year old to entertain in a park ( or 2 parks) which in the main are aimed at older teens and adults with a token small kid area. The service is terrible compared to Disney – but again maybe you get spoiled at Disney because the service is just soooo good. I also thought that it was looking a bit tatty. IOA was lovely when new but there didn’t seem to be much done for upkeep. For example the carousel in the Dr Seuss area had chips in the paint of all the animals on it and the paintwork everywhere was looking dirty and was peeling off. I know I probably have a Disney bias!!!!!!!;)

Sorry you didn't like Universal. Did your DH enjoy it? We loved it when we went. They have three of my favorite rides ever there and many more I really enjoyed. We thought it was a great park!

We notice next door is a surf shop so go in and come out with a pair of Oakley sunglasses each!! Whoops!!! We justified it by saying it was cheaper than at home - ahem!

:lmao:

Thanks for the info on Universal. We haven't made it over there yet, but obviously I will have to research a lot before we do to get the best price. I want to go, but DS doesn't like rollercoasters.:confused3

There's a lot more than just roller coasters! So many people think that's all that's there, but there's only like 4 big roller coasters. It's not like Cedar Point or Six Flags. There's a Universal section on the DIS that's very useful if you haven't found it yet. We loved it and can't wait to go back when they put in Harry Potter World! And Spiderman is the best ride ever! :thumbsup2

I just came across your trip report and I am really enjoying it. Your children are adorable. You may have a different opionion of Universal when they are older.. I do agree it is not really for little ones.
i just got back from a vacation in Italy... I had the opposite shopping experience.. I could hardely afford a thing..:rotfl2:

Hi

really enjoying reding you trippie, we will be going next June and was thinking of doing the Gala Dinner. But had read some reports that the food was bad not worth the money, you would definately recommend it by the looks of your report. Thought I might book the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique and then go or the gala dinner. What do you think?

We all freshened up and got dressed to go to the Grand Floridian. Its tradition to do something really nice on the last night and it usually ends up at the MK! Tonight we have bookings for the Cinderella’s Gala Feast at the Grand Floridian. We parked at the GF and got there with time to spare. We got our pager and sat in the lobby to wait for it to light up. DE used DK’s wand to magic it into lighting up and eventually that worked!!! We got seated and not long after that the characters started to come out. I should also say that the food here was terrific. Last time I was here I had a urinary tract infection and had only just got the antibiotic so managed to eat nothing and spent the time in the toilet! So I was super glad to be eating the food!!!! The choice was great and we ordered the cups for the girls with the light up tinkerbell which they loved. I saw a woman with a cocktail with a flashing ice cube in it too late to have one myself (although I did find these in the World of Disney shop and brought some home!!).

The character there were Prince Charming (and very charming he was too!!), Cinderella (of course!), Lade Tremaine (very good at playing the part – I think she scared a lot of the men!), and the 2 step sisters (again very good at acting the part). The quality of the characters made it really quite special. The step sisters and Lady Tremaine bounced off each other constantly and I’ll never forget their “interesting” rendition of Sing Sweet Nightingale!!!!

P1030221.jpg

P1030227.jpg

Would totally recommend it. I thought it was pretty good value for money and really one of the best character dinners we have done.

Going tot he BBB first would be great. I would do the BBB as early as you can as then you get the whole day to enjoy it. My DDs hair did not last till the next day so if she had it done at night she would only have got a few hours out of it. I would do it during the day and then go to the Gala feast that night as it will still be perfect.

Found the menu for you form another site - DM me if you want the link.

Regulars include Cinderella, Prince Charming, Lady Tremaine,
Anastasia and Drizella
(some characters may only be in the lobby for photos).

4:30pm - 8:30pm

An All You Can Eat Character Meal

COST: $29.99/adults; Children 3-9 $14.99

Tax and gratuity extra
Non-Alcoholic, non-specialty Beverages INCLUDED in the price

Holiday Pricing May Apply During Specific Times of the Year

ALL Menu Items Subject to Change without Notice!

Starters - spring mixed greens, Caesar Salad, Dressings, Broccoli Salad with cashews, Greek salad, ambrosia, tomato mozzarella salad, macaroni salad, apple with port vinaigrette, peel and eat shrimp

Soups - cream of mushroom, tomato florentine, and chilled strawberry

Accompaniments - sweet potato and red bliss mashed potatoe, brown gravy, carrot and broccoli medley, sauteed squash with chives, niblet corn

Entrees - Chef's freshly prepared pasta, roasted prime rib of beef, mojo marinated turkey breast, salmon with a caper butter sauce, curry chicken with Israeli couscous, apple chutney stuffed pork loin with apple glaze, portobello raviolis with a pesto cream, mussels in ginger broth, salmon with a dill cream sauce, chicken marsala, cheese lasagna, Italian sausage with peppers, chorizo stuffed pork loin with mango barbeque sauce, vegetable egg rolls, mussels in tomato broth

Children's Corner - chicken nuggets, cheese and macaroni, mini corn dogs, pasta marinara, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, niblet corn, cheese pizza and fresh vegetables

Desserts - apple cobbler, bread pudding, brownies, key lime tarts, linzer torte, rice krispie treats, chocolate chip cookies, lemon cheesecake tart, Edy's Soft Serve Ice Cream

Hope that helps. It was lovely to jump on the monorail afterwards for the nighttime things at the MK. Makes a lovely end to the night.

OK going to try to get this trip finished tonight!

Day 15

Big plans for today! We are going back to DHS to do the rides which we missed the first time and also we really want to see the new parade. We are not out really early but make it there in time to get reasonable fast passes for Toy Story Mania.

DH heads off to do Tower of Terror so the girls and I go off to catch High School Musical......................again!

P1030867.jpg

The weather was looking very very dull and rain was surely on the way. We had a great little look around and before we knew it it was time to meet DH and ride TSM. DE and I went in first and even with a fast pass waited at least 20 mins to get on. It was worth it though. It was such good fun and the 3D effect was great.

When we came off she rode again with DH. DK was so tired and hot and was at the point where she was too tired to sleep if you know what I mean. She gets a dummy (pacifier) at night only when she is in her cot but I was desperate and she was wailing for one so I set off to the Child care centre at the front of the park. To my delight they had some and it was the best $3 or so that I spent. She dropped off straight away - bliss!

We had lunch at the cafe near to Star Tours - can't remember what it was called and it was fine. It was getting close to time to get a spot for the parade and just as we were leaving the restaurant the rain started. And boy did it rain! We huddled in a doorway with everyone else and wished for it to go off. It didn't. there was an announcement that the parade was canceled. I was gutted.

De however loved the fact that it was raining and was the only loopy person out in it. She did at least make the other people in the doorway laugh with her singing in the rain outbursts!

P1030869.jpg

It did go off a little bit so we took DK back to the Playhouse Disney show. She loved this last time so DH stood at the back and got some of it on the camcorder for later use! It is a lovely little show and even DE was singing along.

P1030874.jpg

So we left and went back to the villa. Big days tomorrow and the next so kiddies in bed at a reasonable time and washing, ironing and general packing to be done.

Tomorrow - much excitement......................

Our last full day. :sad1: :sad1:

P1030891-1.jpg

We really wanted to return to Animal Kingdom today so manage to get organised quite early. It looked quite busy but we have a plan so we go straight to Kali River Rapids. DH and DE ride this one while I take DK over to Kilimanjaro Safaris for a fast pass.

I love Asia - the theming is beautiful.

P1030905-1.jpg

P1030906-1.jpg

P1030912-1.jpg

I walk round that back path and stop in the clearing to look at the Tree of Life. I love that tree. It’s so beautiful with all the carvings. You see something different every time you look at it. The craftsmanship that must have gone into not just the trunk but also attaching all those leaves is amazing.

P1030917-1.jpg

P1030946-1.jpg

By the time I get back they are done and are very wet. So it’s back to the safari ride (with me thinking I could have just met them there!). I show them the clearing and a cast member offers to take a group photo for us which was really kind.

P1030920-1.jpg

The safari as usual was great. I love the fact that every time I visit WDW and ride the safari the ostrich has laid her eggs in exactly the same spot and always lays the same number! Isn’t that strange? Not surprisingly we chase off the poachers and rescue Little Red.

Some pics along the way....

P1030939-1.jpg

P1030941-1.jpg

I love this picture...

P1030945-1.jpg

Dinoland is calling as DE wants a last ride on Primeval Whirl which has proven to be one of her favourites this trip. DH takes her on (I hate spinning roller coaster type things!!!! – reminds me of the waltzers at fairgrounds!) and DK and I go relax.

At this stage clouds are staring to roll in. A decision is made to leave the park and get back to the villa and finish the packing. We have a great evening planned so want to be organised for going home tomorrow.

DK falls asleep on the way home so we pop her in her cot at the villa and DE settles down to watch a bit of the Suite Life of Zack and Cody. We had thought about a swim but the rain by this stage was lashing down. DH and I get to work sorting out all the bags and squeezing as much stuff in as we can. And boy do we have a lot of stuff! Some of the more unusual items are food related.

3 bottles of French dressing (you know the red coloured stuff)! We can’t get that at home and it’s delicious.
Numerous bags on goldfish crackers. Kids love them!
6 boxes of those kellogs jellies with Dora or princesses and thing on them. With 10 bags in each box this should last a long time!
Candy corn
Gummy bears
Lollies
And so on!!!!!

Now although we do get bad weather in Scotland its not spectacularly bad. We get lightening but its not very often and its not very impressive. So DE has been amazed by this lightening in the sky in Florida. The villa we are staying at backs on to a conservation area with a little lake. Imagine my surprise when DE comes running into the bedroom where DH and I are packing to inform us that a bit of lightening just fell in the lake! :scared1: That was too close for comfort! She settled back down by the TV and I was walking through the dining room when there was a huge crack and a weird flash. I can only imagine that lightening hit the house. The TV lost the signal and stayed that way till the next morning. Quite scary.:scared1: :scared1:

Even worse was that DH decided if this was to continue we were not going out in it. Now I had planned a great evening at the Magic Kingdom for our last night and there was no way a little (OK a lot) of rain and some pesky lightening was going to stop me. So defiantly I got showered and changed into a dress and did the same for the girls. So there the 3 of us were. In our dresses and sandals waiting to go out in the rain!!! He gave in and off we went with ponchos in hand!:rotfl:

When we got to the Magic Kingdom there was not a soul to be seen at the car park. Hence I got terribly lost and ended up in the disabled car park. I was not about to park there so I tried to get out and then got into a car park called the Diamond Lot or something. I parked there and still to this day have no idea what it is or who it is for. :rolleyes1 One thing I did know was that there was no trams to be seen. So DKL got in her buggy with the raincover so she was dry (except her sandals did stick out the bottom just a wee bit) and the other 3 of us put on our ponchos. Now DE and I had sandals on and the puddles we had to walk through covered our entire feet! V wet. It was very funny though – even DH could see the funny side by this time. He thought we had lost the plot! :rotfl: Every so often through the driving rain I could hear a wee voice from inside the dry raincover that her sandals were a bit wet! Cheek! She was the driest of everyone! :rotfl:

Onto a deserted monorail and off we went. Up Main Street – where most people were going home and to the Crystal palace about 15 mins early. I parked the stroller and covered it completely wit the raincover so it stayed nice and dry. We got our ponchos off and sat on the terrace. As we did the rain stopped and it dried up a bit.

P1030975-1.jpg

Dinner was lovely. DK was not too keen on the characters so we sat her at the window away from them. I got a nice hug from Tigger! The food here was great and we all enjoyed it. There was one small incident when little piglet came over and ruffled DKs hair! You would have thought he has tried to kill her the screaming was so bad. Piglet looked horrified!

P1030978.jpg

P1030985-1.jpg

P1030994-1.jpg

When we were done the ground had dried up and it was a lovely evening. The plan was to watch the parade and fireworks then head home. We had time to spare and so made our way towards fantasyland. You guessed it! DK could not go past the carousel so we had a go on that. I have to say it looked beautiful all lit up. It’s a small world was next (obviously) and then DE wanted to ride on Winnie the Pooh. It was getting close to parade time and DE wanted to ride some more so I took DK to see the parade and arranged to meet after wards. DK loved it as much as the first time. Its nice to see these things through fresh eyes. It is quite magical.

We met up and had a quick visit to the Candy store for some fudge and lollipops. Yum! Then we walked back to the monorail as we had decided to watch Wishes from the TTC to avoid the rush out of the park. We got a place by the barrier to the boat which was a great spot. A few people were also there with the same thoughts! The music is piped here so you get a good view of the show as a whole. DE also enjoyed it more as the bangs are not so intense. A boat did come in and people tried to stand at the other side of the barrier but were moved on by the boat captain.

A fabulous last night – and not dampened by the rain. I am so glad we went out anyway. You can’t let rain stop your fun at Disney!:rotfl:

At home both girls were out like a light. Oh, did I mention that although we are staying in a 4 bed villa we are all in the same room now Mum and Dad have gone. DE is in bed with us (good job it’s a big one) and DK is in her cot in the room too. Good use of the space eh?!!!

So it’s a few last things and the dirty clothes from today into the case and off to sleep. Sometimes at the end of a holiday you are ready to go home. We were not ready at all. We could easily stay another 2 weeks!

OK so nearly finished but not quite. Will do the last day tomorrow night!

On no, it's ending. So, did you get a pic of DK upset after Piglet ruffled her hair?

I love that pic by the tree of life that looks like an elephant coming out. I'll have to look for that next time we go.

I love French dressing also. I thought I was the only one that did. Too funny that you take some back with you, but I understand. Just moving from TX to FL, there is so much I miss that I can't get here.

I'm the same way, no way is some rain and lightning stopping me from going to the parks. At least most of the rides are indoors, including the lines. I'll have to try watching Wishes from the TTC sometime.

The picture of DE in the rain is so cute. She looks so happy! I can't wait to hear about the end of your trip!

And jmskinner, you two are not the only ones who like French dressing! It's my dressing of choice!

Our last day – sob! :sad1: :sad1: We get up early and get the last few things packed into our many cases! 7 between the 4 of us!!!!! :rolleyes1 I point out that we could take another one and do have time for a bit more shopping but DH nearly fainted so I thought I would leave it at that! :rotfl: The girls said goodbye to every room and the pool of course (OK I did too!) while we got the car packed with all our stuff. We set off and reached the Virgin Atlantic check-in desk at Downtown Disney by about 9.10am. There was no line and so got the whole process done very quickly. :woohoo: So boarding cards in hand and free from our cases we head off for our last morning of fun at the Magic Kingdom. We were in the park at about 10 am and we all had one wish for our morning, Except DH – he didn’t mind what we did! My wish was Thunder Mountain so we got fast passes for that. We headed to Fantasyland and did Katie’s wishes (yup you guessed it) It’s a Small World and the Caroussel. :laughing: DE wanted to ride Peter Pans Flight as we had not had the chance to do that. I love that ride – its quite magical. On Thunder Mountain I managed to bash my elbow on the side of the ride vehicle and really hurt it. :sad1: It was a sharp pain and actually it took a couple of weeks to get totally better. Its great though – I love riding it with DE. We do a lot of screeching!

Of course we had to do It’s a Small World and the Carousel!!!!! DK will never get tired of these rides! Don’t think I have ever been on these rides so much as I have this holiday.

Something else we hadn’t done yet was see the castle forecourt show. We were just in time for it starting and girls loved it. DK was enthralled and of course was over the moon to see Aurora. It was a great show but the facial masks that some of the characters had on were just weird. D E thought that Donald was very funny in this show.

My girls and the castle.

P1040076-1.jpg

Love this one of Peter Pan!

P1040100-1.jpg

Now our tummies were calling and since this was probably the last meal we would have till the next day we decided to get some Hot Dogs at Caseys Corner. This was our first time here and it was delicious. But huge hot dogs – DE, DK and I shared one! :)

So now for the moment we were dreading. Time to go. DE’s lip started to wobble so I took her into the shop and bought one last charm for her little bracelet and we headed towards the exit.

At this point people would have thought we were the worst parents in the park as we were literally dragging 2 crying children out of the park. It was awful. :sad1: :sad1: DK was shouting that she wanted to see Aurora again. DE was so upset. She was begging to stay another day. It was so upsetting – she was nearly making me cry – I didn’t particularly want to go home either!!!! :sad: :sad:

We promised we would bring her back and that seemed to stop the wailing but not the tears. We asked if we could ride in the drivers cab in the monorail and we got on the next one that came. The driver was lovely and he really tried hard to cheer her up. He gave her monorail cards and a driver’s licence. It did work a little and by the time we got to the car she had calmed down a bit. I knew how she was feeling though. It is horrible to be leaving and going home. :sad: :sad:

The drive to the airport was pretty quick and we got the car checked in and through security. We changed in the departure lounge into our comfy clothes and packed our shorts and t-shirts away.

The flight was uneventful. The girls got a bit of sleep – I got none as usual. But 8 hours passed and we got to Gatwick with lots of time to spare for our connecting flight to Edinburgh. DK slept on this 1 hour flight and DE played her Nintendo DS and so I had an hour to start to devour my new book. “Westlife our story” which is an autobiography from my favourite band. :lovestruc I scoured the bookshop in the airport for it at Gatwick. It was heaven!:laughing:

At Edinburgh we got to the arrivals hall and Mum and Dad were waiting for us. Didn’t seem that long since we last saw them in Orlando. Bags came quite fast and soon we were on the way home. Got home by about 11-30am and decided to go for an hours sleep. Girls fell asleep straight away and the hour passed very quickly. A nice shower and freshen up and we were out the door for the 2nd birthday party of my best friends wee boy. :bday: It was a bit of a godsend as it meant that we didn’t fall asleep again. It was lovely to see everyone again and by the time we got home in the evening we were more than ready for our nights sleep.

So that’s us! Over. We all decided that it was the best holiday we have ever had. The girls have had a ball and seeing them enjoy it has been wonderful. We did at this stage say that we would return in 2011 giving us 3 years to save up. But since then we have booked flights for next June!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: The planning starts again! 15 days this time and we will not be doing so many extras as we still plan to do a big trip in 2011. So if anyone is around for the 24th of June to the 10th of July – we might see you there!!! :tink:

I was almost in tears hearing about your girls crying when leaving. I wouldn't have thought you bad parents. I would have felt sorry for ya and the girls. That is great you got to ride up front in the monorail. I want to do that sometime.

I would love to catch you on your next trip.

Man, I really hate seeing TR end. Are you going to start a new PTR for the next trip?

I really enjoyed your trip report. Your family is just adorable and I was so glad to read that you'll be returning the end of June next year. Hope you do a trip report for that trip too.:thumbsup2 Thanks for sharing your holiday with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter