ECV break down in park

Tweevil

Twin Evils....
I am going to guest services, but does anyone have any tips? I own this and it will not hold a charge...
Ugh.

Here in Disneyland they have chargers for all models of scooters, maybe that will get you back to your resort, or Guest services will probably help you back to your resort.

If you battery is done for, there are several scooter companys that rent on site and can probably sell you a new battery. Last ditch, you may need to rent a scooter for the rest of your vacation, but if you were traveling by air, you need to get the scooter running so it is a mobility device (no charge for carrying on the airplane) but if not working it can become cargo.

Good luck,

Andy D

I am going to guest services, but does anyone have any tips? I own this and it will not hold a charge...
Ugh.

Not sure what guest services can do for you if it is your own private ECV? If they have any left, you could rent a scooter from the park for the day, and see if they'll charge your scooter for you in the meantime.

I would stop by where they rent scooters my friends tier went flat and they filled it for her.

I'm hoping Tweevil got their scooter fixed and hasn't reported back because they're enjoying Disney!

Thank you everyone for the info. I went to guest services and they offered a wheelchair. The ecv being broken had only one solution, I had to put it in free wheel mode and push it from MK, to the ferry, and to the handicap parking at the transportation center. They do not offer assistance. The only other option suggested was to abandon it. MVMCP was not sold out but it was so crowded that was a challenge.
I missed a lot of the christmas party to tend to this and in an effort to get warm, I stopped at Starbucks for coffee and hot a mouthful of grounds.
Needless to say, I think it is the universe telling me to go home. *sigh*

I tried to rent another from Buena vista but they were booked. Got one from Walker but had to return it, losing the delivery fee - the size was too large and too be honest the condition was awful.

I am walking slowly and doing what i can in the parks. Future note, I will rent one far in advance to accommodate the trip.

I could use a little pixie dust for sure. Lol
Thank you all once again. ❤❤

The service from Guest Services is very disappointing, here in CA I have had much better service when I've had a breakdown. Makes me hope I never breakdown in WDW!

Andy D

Last edited:
Had you rented the original one from Buena Vista? They (or whichever company you used) should be responsible for providing you with a working device, and replacing it if it's not. I don't care if they don't have any available. They can contract with another company.

The OP said that the original device was a personal ECV. Buena Vista had no responsibility.

Ugh.

Thanks, SirDuff. I only responded to the post i quoted, i didn't go back to the original.

but in the case of ownership, I'm a bit surprised she didn't contact BVS about repairing her ECV, or getting a new battery?

I can see Disney being very wary about transporting someone's personal equipment out of the park, across the lake, and to the parking lot - that's a lot of transport, and I'm not sure how someone would do it? They really can't take someone away from an assigned position for that length of time.

I can see Disney being very wary about transporting someone's personal equipment out of the park, across the lake, and to the parking lot - that's a lot of transport, and I'm not sure how someone would do it? They really can't take someone away from an assigned position for that length of time.

Yes they can, here at Disneyland they do things above and beyond all the time. It's called good customer service. It's called "Disney quality of service". I am extremely disappointed to hear of the service the OP received.

I just hope I never breakdown in FL.

Andy

Yes they can, here at Disneyland they do things above and beyond all the time. It's called good customer service. It's called "Disney quality of service". I am extremely disappointed to hear of the service the OP received.

Andy
My friends ECV broke ( flate tire) she went where they where renting ECV and they filled her tier up for her. I think if it is something they can do they will but if your batty is going dead and you need a new one well i can see them not being able to help there as there are just too many different type. I can see them holding it for you or even charging it for you ( and maybe letting you use one of there) but they can not do every thing

Hi everyone, I didn't know buena vista did repairs. When I contacted them and explained the circumstance I was told they were sold out of scooters with no rentals available until Monday. They did transfer me to a kind lady via phone at cheap scooter rentals ( I may have that name wrong) they did not have portable units that I could load into my SUV. Very nice just didn't have one they said I could take apart.
My son and I decided I would just go slow or rent a park unit when possible. I know for future trips to just rent one here.
Bummed because I missed the hard ticket MVMCP events but it worked out.
Thank goodness my son was able to assist me. Had he not been here I would have been in a world of trouble.
Thanks everyone.

Andy

Disneyland is a very small park, with a quick distance to the exit and the rest of the world. At WDW, just at MK, where the OP was, there is a lake between parking and the front of the park, a very big lake. It's a big difference. What would you have expected Disney to do?

Thank you everyone for the info. I went to guest services and they offered a wheelchair. The ecv being broken had only one solution, I had to put it in free wheel mode and push it from MK, to the ferry, and to the handicap parking at the transportation center. They do not offer assistance. The only other option suggested was to abandon it. MVMCP was not sold out but it was so crowded that was a challenge.
I missed a lot of the christmas party to tend to this and in an effort to get warm, I stopped at Starbucks for coffee and hot a mouthful of grounds.
Needless to say, I think it is the universe telling me to go home. *sigh*

I tried to rent another from Buena vista but they were booked. Got one from Walker but had to return it, losing the delivery fee - the size was too large and too be honest the condition was awful.

I am walking slowly and doing what i can in the parks. Future note, I will rent one far in advance to accommodate the trip.

I could use a little pixie dust for sure. Lol
Thank you all once again. ❤❤
If you are still there, try calling Gold Mobility Services, they should be able to help you out.

The service from Guest Services is very disappointing, here in CA I have had much better service when I've had a breakdown. Makes me hope I never breakdown in WDW!

Andy D
Yes and makes me think renting there is even more important. At Disneyland I know someone in an ECV who had one of their axles freeze up, it was under warranty and repaired free, but a Disneyland CM put it on a cart and helped them get it back to her car. I would expect this level of customer service from anywhere at Disney.

Disneyland is a very small park, with a quick distance to the exit and the rest of the world. At WDW, just at MK, where the OP was, there is a lake between parking and the front of the park, a very big lake. It's a big difference. What would you have expected Disney to do?
To put it on a motorized cart and take it out to the persons car with security pushing the person in a wheelchair. The fact that it is a very large park makes it even more important for them to do something like this than a smaller park like Disneyland, not less.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter