EBPC December 9, 2012!!! PART 2

We're already signed up for a church mission trip to the Dominican Republic in late May/early June or we'd probably book this.

Especially if you can take advantage of the Military rate of $55 pp in a Cat 9... :stir:

WOW! 2 people $700 each. I looked. The airfare back is over $1100pp (and that's for the 37 hr flight) :eek: so I thought about it for less than 5 mins :sad: Would have been fun though.

WOW! 2 people $700 each. I looked. The airfare back is over $1100pp (and that's for the 37 hr flight) :eek: so I thought about it for less than 5 mins :sad: Would have been fun though.

Yeah, my reaction as well. Great price until I found out the airfare price. So Jim suggested a train ride to Paris then home. I didn't look but figure it is still too expensive. Would have been lots of fun.
How can we ever do less than 14nights now?

Yeah, my reaction as well. Great price until I found out the airfare price. So Jim suggested a train ride to Paris then home. I didn't look but figure it is still too expensive. Would have been lots of fun.
How can we ever do less than 14nights now?

Plus, if you are going to be in Paris you have to add in a few days so you can do Disneyland Resort Paris right?

It was the cost of airfare (oh and not having a job yet!) that stopped me. Maybe next year!

look at round trip airfares. Even if you don't use the return leg, sometimes they are less than half the cost of one ways.

Finally had a chance to catch up on all the posts since we have been home.
We had a fabulous cruise and met so many great people. It will be hard to do anything less than 14 nights from now on.
Thank you to all who had a hand in organizing things...ornament exchange, stateroom crawl, FE, excursions, PC certificates, ladies get together. If I left anyone out please accept my apologies.
Loved all the gifts we received in our FE and will use many of them for years to come. Some just had to be used/eaten right away...yum, yum.
It has been hard trying to adjust being home, especially the weather. It is sooo cold here. I hate winter. It just chills me through and through. So, I just keep thinking about our Galveston cruise at the end of the month to try and keep warm. Can't wait.
Drew, been reading your TR and loving it. Looking forward to much more...I think, maybe???
Hoping to meet up with some of you again on another cruise. Thanks for all the "wonder"ful memories.

look at round trip airfares. Even if you don't use the return leg, sometimes they are less than half the cost of one ways.
The $1000 is the RT fare. One-way is almost $2500! I think that is the normal fare, as both my mother and brother are walking the Camino in Spain on separate trips this spring/summer and their tickets were over $1000 also.

Finally had a chance to catch up on all the posts since we have been home.
We had a fabulous cruise and met so many great people. It will be hard to do anything less than 14 nights from now on.
Thank you to all who had a hand in organizing things...ornament exchange, stateroom crawl, FE, excursions, PC certificates, ladies get together. If I left anyone out please accept my apologies.
Loved all the gifts we received in our FE and will use many of them for years to come. Some just had to be used/eaten right away...yum, yum.
It has been hard trying to adjust being home, especially the weather. It is sooo cold here. I hate winter. It just chills me through and through. So, I just keep thinking about our Galveston cruise at the end of the month to try and keep warm. Can't wait.
Drew, been reading your TR and loving it. Looking forward to much more...I think, maybe???
Hoping to meet up with some of you again on another cruise. Thanks for all the "wonder"ful memories.

It seems that so many people worked together to make this a wonderful cruise. It made it a great first cruise for us. I hope future cruises are as great.
I was trying to describe Drew and Deanna to Billy, and all he kept asking was "In the Santa hats?" Makes me wonder if he would recognize you guys without them!

I am trying to talk DH into the transatlantic cruise. A direct flight into Philly is $1500 one way and $800 round trip. We clearly would book the round trip. Still not quite sure if the airfare is worth it but I am now addicted to 14 day cruises!

The transatlantic 2011 was a wonderful cruise. I loved every minute of it so yes, if you can afford it, imho it's WELL worth it!

I am trying to talk DH into the transatlantic cruise. A direct flight into Philly is $1500 one way and $800 round trip. We clearly would book the round trip. Still not quite sure if the airfare is worth it but I am now addicted to 14 day cruises!

The transatlantic 2011 was a wonderful cruise. I loved every minute of it so yes, if you can afford it, imho it's WELL worth it!

$800 is a pretty good rate. From the West Coast, it is not much more. Emily, you guys should do it so we can all live through your experience

So I don't think we can make this years Transatlantic, but I just mentioned it to my father, and he jumped on the idea. So hopefully they will do the Med in 2014, so we can book a return transatlantic sailing. May would coincide with my nieces college graduation, so it would have to be August/September, but I am shocked at my fathers response and the idea that it may actually happen.

Is this price a direct flight from Barcelona to Philly? Which airline?

We would like to do the 2014. DH's company is taking us to New Orleans in May. We also may go to Vegas for his 40th bday. Have timeshare points to use up.

Someone on our cruise said to check Air Berlin for cheaper flights back to the US. They have done the Trans and Med twice and use it to fly home.

Brian thinks we need to do the 28 night one with Alan on Holland America. It's FL to Europe and hits a lot of the bid cities. He has some pretty good emails deals. It's Travel with Alan. His website isn't very good, but it's all in his emails.

$800 is a pretty good rate. From the West Coast, it is not much more. Emily, you guys should do it so we can all live through your experience

So I don't think we can make this years Transatlantic, but I just mentioned it to my father, and he jumped on the idea. So hopefully they will do the Med in 2014, so we can book a return transatlantic sailing. May would coincide with my nieces college graduation, so it would have to be August/September, but I am shocked at my fathers response and the idea that it may actually happen.

So tempting to do another 14 day trip! I never felt like I was "done" and ready to get off the ship. There were so many activities that I didn't even touch the books and crosswords I brought. Transatlantic sounds great, and what a terrific price. If we could only find a reasonable way to get home. Are there cheap trains from Barcelona to major cities with cheaper flights?

I think today marks 1 month from boarding the ship? With the holidiays, I think I am only now getting back to "normal".

Liz

For those eyeing another 14-day trip and will consider taking the Wonder back to LA, WBPC in May now has IGT, OGT AND VGT rates available. 2A1C in a VGT is only $3925!! And it even includes Castaway Cay...

For those eyeing another 14-day trip and will consider taking the Wonder back to LA, WBPC in May now has IGT, OGT AND VGT rates available. 2A1C in a VGT is only $3925!! And it even includes Castaway Cay...

I did see that and I even priced out airfare! :) I wonder if the evening entertainment will be the same as what we experiened on the EBPC.

Hi all,
We are considering joining family on the May PC crossing. It's especially tempting now with the *gt rates!

I have twins who will be just shy of 4 years old at the time of the cruise. For those of you who sailed with kids under 5.... how'd it go? Did they have enough going on to keep the kids entertained?

We sailed last summer to Alaska with them on their 3rd birthday, and with the outside areas too cold to enjoy many days, we often had two kids with (literally) cabin fever. There were not a lot of kids under 5 on that cruise and the club activities reflected that.

Would we be in a similar situation with this cruise? Or did your under-5's enjoys 2 weeks on the Wonder?

TIA for any insights you have to offer!

Hi all,
We are considering joining family on the May PC crossing. It's especially tempting now with the *gt rates!

I have twins who will be just shy of 4 years old at the time of the cruise. For those of you who sailed with kids under 5.... how'd it go? Did they have enough going on to keep the kids entertained?

We sailed last summer to Alaska with them on their 3rd birthday, and with the outside areas too cold to enjoy many days, we often had two kids with (literally) cabin fever. There were not a lot of kids under 5 on that cruise and the club activities reflected that.

Would we be in a similar situation with this cruise? Or did your under-5's enjoys 2 weeks on the Wonder?

TIA for any insights you have to offer!

We have a four year-old who had so much fun, and was so busy during the trip, she started napping again! Action packed, fun filled. The sea days were fun too - fastest 15 days ever! Only one (maybe two) days the pools were closed, due to waves. And only one day it was a little chilly. Wore summer clothes the entire time in December. If it weren't for work, school, etc, we'd do it again in a heartbeat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter