• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ebay Return

rmb said:
Thanks for all the responses. I asked her to send me pictures of the bag and I would compare them to the ones I had - she responded that she did not have a digital camera. Then I told her I contacted the post office since I purchased insurance. I told her that I was giving them the pictures I had and they were going to perform an investigation. Then she emailed me back that she would have the bag repair and to forget about the refund claim and postal investigation. She said the postal investigation would take to long and neither if us would get the money back. By the way, I just checked my feedback and she left positive feedback saying she loved the bag! Isn't it amazing the things people will do! I only sell my used cloths and purses on ebay to help ease my wallet since I am addicted to going to WDW. Thanks again everyone for all your help!

-Robyn
I am glad to hear it turned out to have a happy ending...minus the headache she caused.

rmb said:
Thanks for all the responses. I asked her to send me pictures of the bag and I would compare them to the ones I had - she responded that she did not have a digital camera. Then I told her I contacted the post office since I purchased insurance. I told her that I was giving them the pictures I had and they were going to perform an investigation. Then she emailed me back that she would have the bag repair and to forget about the refund claim and postal investigation. She said the postal investigation would take to long and neither if us would get the money back. By the way, I just checked my feedback and she left positive feedback saying she loved the bag! Isn't it amazing the things people will do! I only sell my used cloths and purses on ebay to help ease my wallet since I am addicted to going to WDW. Thanks again everyone for all your help!

-Robyn

I'm so glad everything worked out! I hope you don't leave her positive feedback! (Or had you already?)

DiscussDisney said:
This is one of the latest and greatest scams on ebay. THE SWITCH! For future sales, somehow "mark" your items. I bought an invisible marker and I mark all my items. If I get a return, I check with a blacklight to see if the mark is there. Works great.

I have been dealing with this SWITCH issue for years as I sell collectibles. People were constantly trying to switch their old broken stuff for my new items.
I now use the marking pen on all my items. The marking pen and delivery confirmation have kept the scammers at bay.

Disney Deals has a marking pen and light set up for auction. 4 of them for $7.99. I didn't need 4 so a couple of other seller friends and I split them. I just looked there is one auction listed. www.disneydeals.com I used INK in search to find it.

My previous marking pens I bought on ebay too....but not at the DD price. They generally run about $10-$15 a pen/light set.

Glad it all worked out for you Robyn. It's is amazing that when you mentioned filing a claim how the tune changed. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter