ebay question

zurgswife

WDW is my Shangrala...and I'm going...life is bett
I listed an auction with buy it now. They charged me a fee for listing it this way. Buy it now never showed up (that I saw anyway). This morning someone emailed me about what my price would be to sell it now. 1. Can I sell it as a buy it now even though it was never listed on my item that way? 2. If not can I get my fee reimbursed because it was never listed as a buy it now?

I'm a ebay beginner and I'm not sure what I'm allowed to do.
Thanks

I listed an auction with buy it now. They charged me a fee for listing it this way. Buy it now never showed up (that I saw anyway). This morning someone emailed me about what my price would be to sell it now. 1. Can I sell it as a buy it now even though it was never listed on my item that way? 2. If not can I get my fee reimbursed because it was never listed as a buy it now?

I'm a ebay beginner and I'm not sure what I'm allowed to do.
Thanks

If you had a Buy It now, the Buy It Now option disappears as soon as your auction receives a bid. Do you already have a bid on your auction? At that point, you can't sell it as a Buy It Now any longer.

If you had a Buy It now, the Buy It Now amount, the Buy It Now option disappears as soon as your auction receives a bid. Do you already have a bid on your auction? At that point, you can't sell it as a Buy It Now any longer.

Exactly, once you get the first bid the buy it now disappears and bidding begins.

I like buy it now but I rarely add buy it nows after requested if I haven't put one on in the beginning. And never if I'm not 100% sure of the current resale value when somebody asks because, most of the time, it is a collector or another seller trying to buy it too cheap.

Way too often I see new sellers taken advantage of by some of the same ebay members who offer dirt cheap prices. A week or two later, I'll see that same item relisted with a more detailed description and top end pricing by the new owner.

I can't tell you how many times I've been told somebody was going out of town and couldn't bid or needed it for a birthday, ect, so would I sell it right this minute.
If I do, it's always after VERY careful research into recent prices of similar completed items. I check the bidder's feedback too, to see if they buy a lot of the type of item they're asking about and whether they sell on that id too.
To search by completed items type the name into search>then click "completed items" in box down left side of screen>then, to make it easier, sort by highest price first and it'll show you what others have ended at within the last 30 days or so.

The fact that you got a request tells me you probably have something good there. It might be fun for you to watch the bidding if you don't need to get a set price for it...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter