Good luck this week, everyone!

This week...
Spaghetti with chicken sausage and kale salad
French toast and roasted carrots
peanut noodles and kale salad
taco soup and roasted turnips and carrots
fried rice and potstickers
pulled pork with rice and slaw

trying to have a 'no buy' January. We will buy produce, but we might make it through without having to buy protein.

So my posts here are going to be a bit different since they way I am eating has changed. Instead of posting days, I will simply post the weekly options for each meal.

Breakfast: Instant Pot banana pecan french toast with mixed berry syrup
Lunch: Korean chicken thighs, sticky chili udon, and asian slaw (broccoli slaw, red cabbage, radish, and red bell pepper)
Dinner choice of:
- French Onion Soup
- Omelets
- Sandwiches

So my goal for the month is to reduce grocery budget from $1,000 to $800 with the goal of getting it down to less then $600. I budgeted $200 for the week and only spent $153.61. Really happy for first week grocery savings.

Menu:
Saturday - Roasted chicken legs, roasted butternut squash
Sunday - Mediterranean flat bread pizzas
Monday - Pulled BBQ, baked apples, salad
Tuesday - Broccoli Cheese soup/Chicken tortilla soup - have leftovers frozen in freezer to use up
Wed - Leftovers
Thursday - Hamburgers, fries
Friday -Quesadillas

Well, everyone is back to school this week, including me!

Wednesday:
Tuna Noodle
Green Peas

Thursday:
Stuffed Baked Potatoes

Friday:
Eggs over Easy
Bacon
Grits
Toast

Saturday:
Indian Butter Chicken
Basmati Rice
Garlic Naan

Sunday: (Wreck it Ralph Movie Night)
Burger Time Grilled Burgers
Sonic Onion Rings
Build your own Sugar Rush Car

Monday:
Sweet and Sour Pork
Steamed Rice

Taco Tuesday:
Grilled Chicken Tacos
Fiesta Black Beans

So my goal for the month is to reduce grocery budget from $1,000 to $800 with the goal of getting it down to less then $600. I budgeted $200 for the week and only spent $153.61. Really happy for first week grocery savings.

I am here to encourage you that IT CAN BE DONE! It is not always fun, but it is possible. Our budget is $120 a week for a family of five. We eat frugally throughout the year so that we can eat lavishly on vacations! You can do this!

Breakfast: Instant Pot banana pecan french toast with mixed berry syrup

Oh my gosh that sounds so good! Do you have a recipe you can post?

Sunday: (Wreck it Ralph Movie Night)
Burger Time Grilled Burgers
Sonic Onion Rings
Build your own Sugar Rush Car

I LOVE this idea! Why wasn't I this creative when my kids were younger? Actually, I could probably make this now and DH and DS2 would appreciate it.

DH and I leave this weekend for our WDW trip so I wanted to make this week easy and use up stuff that's left in the pantry, fridge, and freezer. Somehow DS2 and I have the same nights off this week so I can make things he'll enjoy that he can eat with us. While we're gone I'm leaving him some things in the freezer he can reheat.

Sun (10-7): chicken patty sandwiches with cream gravy and French fries
Mon (8-5): Frito pie
Tue (off): Philly cheesesteak sandwiches
Wed (1-10): chicken, spinach, and bean soup
Thu (off): bbq meatball mini pizzas with salad
Fri (8-5): beef soft tacos with guacamole

I LOVE this idea! Why wasn't I this creative when my kids were younger? Actually, I could probably make this now and DH and DS2 would appreciate it.

We did monthly movie nights for about 5 years when the children were younger. We have not done them in about 3 years...and they have been asking for them! My children are 19, 16, and 13 now! LOL!!! I am planning to do one every other month leading up to our end of October DCL cruise. Let me know if you want ideas to do your own. I have a pin board...

HAVE A GREAT TIME AT WDW!!!

I am here to encourage you that IT CAN BE DONE! It is not always fun, but it is possible. Our budget is $120 a week for a family of five. We eat frugally throughout the year so that we can eat lavishly on vacations! You can do this!

Thank you for the encouragement! I am realizing that the boys aren't home much around dinner time and now that they both have jobs they eat out so I don't need to prepare "meals" really. So instead of planning meals for 5 I am going to plan for 3 and see how that goes.

Oh my gosh that sounds so good! Do you have a recipe you can post?

Here is the link!
https://www.livinglocurto.com/banana-french-toast-instant-pot-pressure-cooker-recipe/

I never expected this to be good, but I seriously like it. It is really tasty and the texture is great! One thing I did that isn't mentioned in the recipe is I did cover it with foil while in the Instant Pot to keep water from dripping on it.

The syrup was just frozen mixed berries in a bottled all natural strawberry syrup.

Longtime lurker. I just got an instant pot for Xmas, so I love reading the threads and getting ideas for dinner.

I’m bad and just did my grocery shopping today, so here’s what’s on tap:

Thursday: Chili and Baked Potatoes
Friday: Beef Stroganoff and Peas
Saturday: Cheesy Ham and Potato Soup (need to use my leftover ham from Christmas that’s taking up valuable freezer space!)
Sunday: Tacos and Spanish Rice
Monday: Pasta with Tomato/Spinach Sauce & Italian Sausage
Tuesday: Breakfast for dinner (Bacon, eggs, pancakes)
Wednesday: Chicken Fajitas

Friday: Spicy Chicken roll up and salad instead of quesadilla
Saturday: Ham, potato, green beans
Sunday: Chicken spinach Alfredo pasta
Monday: Walking tacos/taco salad
Tuesday: Leftovers
Wednesday: Lettuce wraps
Thursday: Tortilla soup
Friday: Chicken Enchiladas, re-fried beans

Skipped Thurs and Fri b/c I went freezer-diving and came up with old lamb loin chops and burgers...so I made a crockpot lamb chop meal (which was awesome) for Thurs and Cheseburgers and fries for Fri...and then got carryout pizza on Saturday (so no eating out in the literal sense anyway:)...here's the new plan...

Sun - Crockpot Beef and Chinese Broccoli (with added Japanese Eggplant, Carrots, Onions, Seafood Mushrooms, Garlic, Hoison and Soy - thank you HMart - the veg for 6 was under $4 to fill the pot, although the marinated meat was $11 for almost 2 lbs...win some, lose some when feeding that many:)), White Rice, Blueberries and Bananas
Mon - (taking last week's meal with a few changes) Chipotle Honey Baked Chicken Breast, Stovetop Stuffing, Roasted Broccoli, Cranberry Sauce
Tues - BLTA's (Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, and Avocado sandwiches), Baked Fries, Roasted Pineapple
Wed - Crockpot Whole Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Grapes and Apples, Homemade Fruit Muffins
Thurs - Chicken Club (or Chicken Salad if no extra bacon) Sandwiches, Homemade Broccoli Cheese Soup, Homemade Fruit Smoothies
Fri - Leftovers (if chicken still around) or Frozen Mozzarella Sticks and Wings with Red Leaf Lettuce Chopped Salad
Sat - OUT

So, I changed up the last 2 days (after staying on point through Tuesday:)...I made a homemade turkey meatball and broccoli alfredo on Wednesday (found an old ground turkey) and then a simple beef and bean taco boat meal yesterday. Since we have snow this weekend, we are switching our OUT day to tonight and having a date night at a brew pub with a local flavor certificate and getting the kids 2 medium pizzas from Pizza Hut for $10 (it was cheaper here than getting frozen pizza, so carryout it is) and giving them grapes/clementines with it.

I picked up a spiral sliced ham to have Sat/Sun as is (in the crockpot with a maple/brown sugar/mustard sauce) and we'll have it with scalloped potatoes and kiwi/clementines one day, and then with lettuce/tomato/avocado on croissants with chips, grapes and apples the 2nd day (during the Eagles game - go Eagles!)...

I'll have Monday to Friday plans when I see how much ham is left then...right now, I have the ingredients for a nice ham, bean, and veg stew...and a country gravy with ham on biscuits with hashbrown and fresh fruit smoothies, so they will probably be Mon-Tues, and then I'll freezer dive for proteins again!:)

Here is my week, I plan Friday thru Thursday. I do take some help from the store, like the carne asada and pork chops came made from the meat counter all I have to do is cook and add sides.

Last night was carne asada with salad
Tonight is apple cinnamon stuffed pork chops with baked sweet potatoes and zucchini
Sunday is roast beef with mashed potatoes and corn
Monday is crockpot sweet and sour meatballs with rice
Tuesday I will be meeting friends for dinner
Wednesday will be French dip sandwiches using the left over beef with oven fries and salad
Thursday will be buffalo chicken stuffed spaghetti squash

My plan for this week:
Breakfast: Oatmeal with cooked apples and cinnamon along with vanilla greek yogurt with cherries
Lunch: Honey mustard chicken with roasted vegetables and "creamed" spinach
Dinners:
Tonight- Steak, eggs, and hashbrowns
Monday- Veggie and cheese omelet
Tuesday- Spicy udon with vegetables, sliced steak, and kimchi
Wednesday- Pecan crusted salmon with asparagus
Thursday- L/O salmon
Friday- L/O Udon

Menu - week 1/12

Saturday- grilled chicken Mexican salad
Sunday - minestrone soup
Monday - leftovers
Tuesday - cauliflower soup
Wednesday- bbq roast, corn, pinto beans
Thursday- cheeseburger soup
Friday - tacos, refried beans

Great to catch up and see what everyone is eating. I've been crazy busy at work, so haven't had a chance to shop yet for the week. I have a whole bunch of frozen meat from our meat CSA, but its mostly whole chickens and short ribs, with some ground beef thrown in. Its so tasty that I want to use it to cook nice family meals with it instead of using it for quick meals for DH to do with the kids. Hopefully one more week of quick & easy and then I can work on my freezer/pantry stash. Thats an excellent thing to do in January.

Just getting through this week with:
Su - Spaghetti and Meatballs (I made a huge batch before work got busy - I've not been home for any of it, but DH and the kids say they are good)
M - If I'm not home again, there will probably be enough leftovers for DH and the kids
Tu - Tortellini Soup with sausage and spinach
W - Beef Burritos - I sure hope I'm not still working late by Wednesday
Th - Chicken cordon bleu sandwiches
F - Pancakes and Bacon for dinner
S - Homemade pizza

Started Whole30 yesterday (had chili--basically the beans were subbed with zucchini and carrots. I thought it was good--a lot lighter, so I had 2 bowls).

Sunday: Cod with tomato salsa and Spanish potato wedges, green salad with orange-thyme vinaigrette
Monday: Indian grilled shrimp skewers, coconut cream raita, leftover salad
Tuesday: Vietnamese stew (Bo Kho)
Wednesday: Roast chicken, mashed potatoes, broccoli, beets
Thursday: Chicken korma, cauliflower rice
Friday: Thai fried cauliflower rice with a crispy fried egg on top

This coming week will be unique for us. I will be out of town Wednesday- Monday. DH is starting a 21 day Daniel Fast (fruits, veggies, whole grains, and a small bit of fish or chicken thrown in once a week) while I am away. I will join him in it when I get back home.

Wednesday:
Vegan Potato and Corn Chowder

Thursday:
Baked Potatoes with Salsa
Veggies with Hummus

Friday:
Salad with TVP (fakin' bacon), olive oil and vinegar dressing

Saturday:
Baked Tilapia
Baked Sweet Potato with Coconut Oil
Steamed Broccoli

Sunday:
Grilled Portobellos topped with Sautee'd Onions
Salad with TVP, olive oil and vinegar dressing

Monday:
Chickpea Curry
Brown Rice

Taco Tuesday:
Fiesta 5 Bean Soup

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter