Easy, inexpensive gift idea for scrappers

LeesyUD

DIS Veteran
I'm sure there are other people who have done this, but I never thought of it until today, and its turning out great. I was in AC Moore today looking for a frame for my Mom for xmas...I have a picture of me and her from WDW I wanted to put in...but all the frames I saw were too plain or too impersonal. But then I notcied a 12x12 frame for a scrapbook page and I thought that's a great idea! I have started a srapbook for people before...like doing just the first page but I love the idea of framing a special page for someone! It was only 11.00 and will make a great addition to the 1st gift I got my mom. I am currently working on the scrap page and am almost done. I put in a 5x7 photo and found a nice quote by Washington Irving about mothers that I printed out on vellum. Just thought I'd mention it for anyone who is still trying to come up with last minute gift ideas for the holidays...or if you dont have alot of money to spend.

I saw those at JoAnn's and did think they would be a great gift. Sounds like a perfect present for your mother!

We bought two 12"x12" frames at a sb flea market last fall. I put in two mosaic pages I completed. I was thinking of putting in some Christmas pages during the holidays. I like the idea of using the frames as gifts.

I did something similar for dh ... when we took ds in May he turned one while he was there. I have an AWESOME picture of dh & ds walking towards the catsle (it is from behind). I copied a poem online "Walk a little slower daddy" and scrapbooked a page with this poem and the picture. There were some other people in the picture, so I covered the picture with vellum and cut out where dh & ds were. The castle looks WOWWWY covered with vellum. I also did the same with a picture of ds and his g'pa in the mountains. I found some sappy g'pa poem. I used an 8x10 frame and cut the page to fit that. I got a $5 frame at Target and voila ... cheap gift!

There are also Disney 12 x 12 frames out there. I found some at my LSS. They are more expensive, but they would be a nice gift for a Disney nut. ::MickeyMo

Jeanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!