Easier to get to Animal Kingdom

tom1944

DIS Veteran
From BLT or BWV? I know you need to take a bus from either.

We will schedule 3 park visits when we stay at BLT 2 at MK and either go to AK or Epcot for the third.

We will also do 3 park visits the 4 days we are at BWV. HS and Epcot for sure. The third would also be Epcot unless we decide to do Epcot while we are BLT then it would be AK

Epcot from BLT is pretty easy, just hop on the monorail & then hop off at the TTC (which is the next stop) to transfer to the Epcot Monorail. BWV is a slightly shorter bus ride to AK v. BLT. However, given the fact that you’ll also be staying at BWV where getting to Epcot is such a short walk & you go in/out through the much quieter international gate, I’d just do AK from BLT & ride the extra 5 minutes on the bus :).

We always do AK when we stay in the MK area. Of course, we spring for a Lyft when going for park opening instead of a bus.

If you opt for the Disney buses, note that BLT will share a bus with WL and BWV often shares a bus with YC and BC, which are two separate stops. I don't particularly have a problem with this, but sometimes I forget and get annoyed at the end of a long day!

Animal Kingdom is not far from the EP resort area. Magic Kingdom/BLT is the outlier, it is the thing farther away from everything else.

If you opt for the Disney buses, note that BLT will share a bus with WL and BWV often shares a bus with YC and BC, which are two separate stops. I don't particularly have a problem with this, but sometimes I forget and get annoyed at the end of a long day!
Pretty much how I explain why us having a car at disney is a need, not a want.

the buses work for many. After last trip, waiting an hour+ for a bus to DS @ 5:30 pm, then a half hour coming back at 9:30 pm; it will be a long time before we rely on bus service again.

Large crowd the reason going, dully noted, a reasonably busy time with dinner hour I suppose. no bus showed up on the return. They finally reassigned one that had been sitting for 10 minutes with no takers for another resort on way back.

My point is if relying on the buses (vs the other forms of transport we love onsite), be prepared to add on a full hour to expected amount of time if you have any sort of commitment.

OP - BWV easy to walk to Epcot. boat can be slow but, pleasant & relaxing, compared to bus. you could always do ride share to AK as a bit of a splurge

We took a bus from BLT to AK and I think it was about 20 minutes. Not great, but not horrible either

Epcot from BLT is pretty easy, just hop on the monorail & then hop off at the TTC (which is the next stop) to transfer to the Epcot Monorail.
This is definitely easy, but it doesn't strike me as being particularly fast, so it depends on what "easy" means to the OP.

Yep, easy can depend on a lot. If you are like Sandi (or me) and don't mind grabbing a Lyft/Uber easy is different than if you have a car and its different if you only use Disney transportation. Is easy a matter of time or effort or money - taking the bus can take longer, but driving and parking can be a pain in the back end. And then there is the matter of luck. We've had trips where buses appear magically when we want them all trip long - with enough seats! And trips where you stand around for an hour in the heat/rain to have a bus arrive that's already overcrowded.

Not sure if they still have the busses that go between the parks. If so end of day grab either the bus from AK to MK or the one to BLT whichever comes 1st. Mid day we have left BLT and walked over to the MK busses and caught one to AKL and then to AK which has proven to be just as quick

facebook twitter