~Early vs Late~Small vs Large~

Krystina'sMommy

~Waiting patiently 'til we sail with Mickey, Again
Hello, all! I'm sure this question has been asked before, but here I go:

This will be our first cruise ever. We have a 3 year old who may be dining with us or at the club. I just got off the phone with my TA & she confirmed that we do have the early seating and a small table. I initially thought that was best since I didn't want to disrupt someone else's dinner because DD was not in the best of moods (after long days!). But, after reading some of the posts on this board, it looks like we may miss some opportunities to meet some nice people if we stick with the small table (which would probably just be my family). I really would like to know what everyone thinks (especially those who have cruised with kids her age or had to sit thru dinner with someone else's kids). Thanks!

If you don't request a small table, you will probably be seated with another family with a similar aged child......

Stay with early dining. But we had a family of 5 at our table for 8 and the children were 8,6 and 2. The two year old has his moments, but it was also so much fun to see his excitement and we thought it was great to talk to the other family about their experiences and learn about Toronto from them. It's only a few days, sit with others. They will probably have young children too, so know what to expect and be tolerant. We were.

We are a family of 4 and always request a table for 4 when dinning. We enjoy eating as a family at dinner time.

Keep in mind that you will be eating with others if you eat in the dinning rooms for breakfast and lunch; that will give you more then one opportunity to eat with others. Also you'll make a lot of friends with those eating around you at Dinner. One time we got really friendly with a family of 4 that was right next to us on a cruise out of NYC. Low and behold, the next year, we're in the Poly and who is sitting next to us the exact same family :lol It's a small world!

Our first cruise, we didn't request anything special and ended up at a table for four by ourselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter