Early Morning Magic adding additional tickets?

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reservations' started by Mambo Junkie, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Mambo Junkie

Mambo Junkie DIS Veteran

I got EMM for 7:30 and now I notice they have added a 7:00 time. Will this make it more crowded? I'm already preparing for the crowds at MNSSHP.

2. ConnecticutNonna

ConnecticutNonna DIS Veteran

My guess is the reason it's earlier is they are opening the park a bit earlier. This way you won't lose time. Did you check park times for your date?

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Mambo Junkie

Mambo Junkie DIS Veteran

Yes, still 9 am park opening.

Hopefully likes this.
  5. Jkesmom

Jkesmom Earning My Ears

Is there usually a choice of times? My search for Magic Kingdom only shows one option - 7:45.

6. Babs1975

Babs1975 Loves Eeyore

They did this for many, but not all dates, for TSL EMM. I believe it will be more crowded than a date that only has the 7:30 time, but it still will not be crowded. They added the 7:00 time slot and now everyone can get in at 7:00 whether you have the 7:00 or 7:30 slot. You will not be able to go to the rides until close to 7:30 though. Instead they will funnel you to breakfast. Since there are more people with the 2 slots, they are trying to spread out the breakfast crowd by having the option to eat before or after your riding time.

ConnecticutNonna likes this.
  7. Babs1975

Babs1975 Loves Eeyore

Not Magic Kingdom. The 7:00 and 7:30 time slots are for EMM at HS...TSL.

Hopefully likes this.
  8. Babs1975

Babs1975 Loves Eeyore

They don't change park opening time when there is an EMM scheduled. That's one thing you can count on.

9. Hopefully

Hopefully DIS Veteran

I read a review by Josh of Easywdw. He stated he expected it to be more crowded

10. ENJDisneyFan

ENJDisneyFan DIS Veteran

You might want to check out the TSL EMM thread. There are lots of reviews from days there were 2 time slots.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...aq-11-19-11-21-12-24-12-31-1-2-added.3701980/

Here is the verbiage from p. 1 of that thread, which explains the 2 time slots:

What's Up with the 7AM & 7:30AM Reservation Times?
    • Disney is doing something different with reservation slots for DHS/TSL EMM compared to MK EMM.
    • For most dates, Disney has been making a 7:30AM time slot available to book.
    • When/if the 7:30AM slot sells out or gets close to selling out, Disney has been adding a 7:00AM time slot for booking.
    • So far, all dates (except for the first two EMM events) have ultimately had "both" time slots bookable.
    • So far, there is NO difference in how Disney handles 7AM or 7:30AM reservations at the event - everyone is treated the same.
    • It appears this is a "slow loading" technique to encourage a more gradual arrival of guests vs all at once.
      • Note! Disney's website contains the following language: "Guests with a 7:30 AM reservation will first enjoy Toy Story Land followed by breakfast, served until 10:00 AM. Based on capacity, we may make other reservation times available, with breakfast preceding the park experience for these Guests."
      • Again, in practice, anyone can arrive early and eat before the event and anyone can eat up until 10am - there has been absolutely no difference in how 7AM and 7:30AM reservations are treated so far.